RaviSS, 15 Oct 2013Amber update still not available for me.... WTF?!! What could be the problem?Microsoft can't promise the exact time. Try to use Nokia Software Update Retail. I used this updated my phone to Lumia Amber.
ansh, 15 Oct 2013why we cant send video through whatsapp in lumia 520?I think that because of Windows Phone OS itself that restriceted.
Sourabh22, 15 Oct 2013Is there a way to change Bluetooth Name..??? If yes ..then how...??U have to connect it with ur pc
what new features for 520 after gdr3???
whats the release date???
MobilePowerUser1, 15 Oct 2013No, GDR2 is almost done rolling out. GDR3 is preview version, not final version yet. Check thi... moreI checked the link but there wasn't any info on countries that already have updates
Amber update still not available for me.... WTF?!!
What could be the problem?
I have been using Nokia Lumia 520 from last 4 months and I can now list down the pros and cons of the Lumia Device.
1. 3G video call feature is not there in any Lumia device.
2. No Bluetooth or USB tethering is there, only wifi tethering is there which drains your battery quickly
3.when you have many messages (sms in your inbox),and you want to search for a specific message/word. You will have to look into each and every message as no search option is present.
4. Toast notification will stop appearing if you install more apps on your phone that uses toast notification feature like "we chat, whats up, Lync etc." (however this is solved by updating the software)
5. "facebook inbuilt chat" will have connectivity issues. (solved if WP update is installed)
6. issue of automatic switch off / on. If your sim is safeguarded with PIN, then the phone will remain switch off untill you notice it.
7. Cannot set your own ringtone apart from the list of ringtones provided in the handset. If you want to have your own ringtone then you will need to install app "Ringtone maker"
8. Video Formats like .mkv & .webl are not supported on Lumia.
9. No feature to prevent the screen from auto-rotation. This feature will now be available in another updates.
1. Offline maps for navigation.
2. Child lock
The update is totally worth it since we won't be getting glance screen from nokia anyway, so there is absolutely no point waiting for bittersweet shimmer to release.
Also hopefully after 6-8 months we can receive windows 8.1 update via developer edition while other devices will receive it after more than an year.
When i am downloading something can i messege someone at that time??
Pravat, 15 Oct 2013What about other storage issue. Is it fully resolved now? i dont think its resolved, my other storage has been around 500 mb since 5 months inspite of having installed GDR2 and GDR3
in this phon, android games supported or not, plzz give mi reply urgent
Pravat, 15 Oct 2013What about other storage issue. Is it fully resolved now? No, I have just updated to GDR3 using wifi. But you can see temporary files inside Phone storage.
Abhidipto, 15 Oct 2013Can i open 2 or 3 apps at a time in this phone? Please help me..Can open multiple apps but can't Run multiple apps coz windows phone OS doesn't support Active Multitasking. Eg: you can open multiple a game and internet Explorer tab at same time but while you are playing the game you can't load a web pages in background or u can't download a file.
Pravat, 15 Oct 2013What about other storage issue. Is it fully resolved now? Can i open 2 or 3 apps at a time in this phone? Please help me..
Shubhamdas2013, 15 Oct 2013No, I am using Mobile Network.You can check the box "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it" in Settings->Phone Update. That might let you download on cellular connection, if not, connect to WIFI then download.