neeraj.rathore, 14 Oct 2013Features I got (preview version, GDR3 only, no Nokia specific updates) on my 520: 11. Scree... moreHey, can you explain the other storage issue in detail. I mean how much other storage you had before update and how much it is now after update. GDR 2 was not that helpful for other clean up. So i really want to know how GDR 3 now helps.
neeraj.rathore, 14 Oct 2013Features I got (preview version, GDR3 only, no Nokia specific updates) on my 520:
11. Scree... moreI would like to ask:
1. What custom sound for text, email, voicemail here you mean? Can you change your ringing tone, SMS or email tone with available ringtones inside your microSD (for example, you have Vanilla Twilight in your microSD, and you would like this song is set for your ringing tone when someone calls you)?
2. Can Office read Word and Excel files from microSD?
3. For example right now your other storage is 850 MB, after you update your phone to GDR3. The other storage becomes 10 MB (mass reduce)?
Anonymous, 14 Oct 2013sending videos on whatsapp is not available.... very strange.That's because Windows Phone OS restricted.
GDR3 works perfectly on my lumia 520.
Some features are extremely useful like closing apps, rotation lock, custom tones...
still figuring out new features.
P.S. No lag or issues faced yet, its still buttery smooth
You can already get GDR3. Anyone with a WP8 can. You just have to opt in for the developer preview. It's free.
1. Go here to register with App Studio (free) with your Microsoft Account.
2. Download the Preview for Developers app and update to GDR3
After amber update data sense is showing 832 mb and wifi 20 mb and going up after using net. Is there any way to get back to 0 mb or i can reset it?
Donot Update to GDR3 Preview
It will not support many of apps of current store.(It is only for developers to test their apps).
It will only include Microsoft update No OEM updates.No bitter sweet shimmer.
No downgrade to AMBER once again
You must have an DEVELOPER MICROSOFT ACCOUNT
Hi i want to buy nokia lumia 920, what all the features i can get in it,
Shubhamdas2013, 14 Oct 2013Which features will support on Nokia Lumia 520 in GDR3 Bittersweet Shimmer Update?yes ofcourse
neeraj.rathore, 14 Oct 2013Ok, I just updated to GDR3 (preview version, warralnty voided). I got all expected features ex... morehey, how did you update it to preview version, i also wanna update.
plz tell me how
Features I got (preview version, GDR3 only, no Nokia specific updates) on my 520:
11. Screen rotation can be disabled
12. Text documents can be synced/added to Office hub
13. Custom SMS tones
14. Custom email tones
15. Running apps can be closed via fast switcher using an X symbol
16. Driving mode support
18. Ability to separately pin Office components to home screen.
19. Connection to wifi first time you use the phone.
22. Restore wifi on reset
23. Support for more bluetooth devices in cars
1. Storage data is clearly shown and grouped
2. Other storage is almost gone!
3. New smileys
4. Placement of wifi icon changed
5. Custom tones for reminders and voice mail
6. All custom tones can be set for each contact separately.
I shall post if I find more.
Ok, I just updated to GDR3 (preview version, warralnty voided). I got all expected features except documents attachment. So guess this is not coming. I also got new smileys.
Anonymous, 14 Oct 2013WoW. what a change log. Out of 25 nearly 5 features that are hardly useful for existing users.... moreYeah so if MS launches update for existing users, then you complain about new users, correct? How many features did last android version bring? Troll somewhere else.