Raju, 23 Aug 2013In spite of reading so many cons, I have bought this mobile. Now I deeply regret it. I'm a... moreWrong info somewhere, I transfer files with this phone via Bluetooth without any hassles. I transfer to ALL phones including my laptop via Bluetooth so check why you can't transfer.
In spite of reading so many cons, I have bought this mobile. Now I deeply regret it.
I'm a web developer and programmer. after using this phone for 3 days, here are the in depth cons which may not have mentioned by others in addition to already mentioned cons by other users.
1. OS still in developing stage.
2. No standard features like File Manager, Equalizer, Bluetooth File Sharing, Customization, themes, etc., You can only change colors and size of icons.
3. You cannot transfer files from PC to Phone via Bluetooth. You must always have USB cord. Else, You may have to use WIFI or your INTERNET DATA.
4. You can't install apps offline. You can copy the xap files to sd card but for installation, you must wait atleast 1 hour to see the file in store and to install it, you must connect to internet for verification by microsoft.
5. Same volume control for all. Phone call, Music player, Games., all have only 1 volume control. which means if you play song in 3 point volume, your phone will also ring in 3 point volume.
6. You must convert video files to compatible format. It doesn't play FLV, MKV, MPG, DAT, etc., files. Only AVI, WMV and other windows media format. The files are converted automatically during transfer. but it's still a major con.
All it's specifications except operating system.
Opinion: As it's still in developing stage, the phone doesn't have enough features. It may take loooong time for OS become fully featured.
If you are experienced with already developed os like symbian, asha and android, YOU WILL HATE AND REGRET IT.
You can get decent android in this price range - Rs.10,000/- I'm returning this phone.
mayur , 23 Aug 2013is this a good phone for a teenager should I go for it or any other android phone below 10k...?I wouldn't give comment if it is looks stylish, cool or trend, etc. Just find your needs, do you need file manager? Much more games? Notification center works very good? If yes, go for Android. While if you don't need file manager, don't care many apps or games, would like good hardware but low price and fast performance, you can buy Lumia 520.
Anonymous, 23 Aug 2013I want to buy Lumia 520. Before buy i want to ask some questions:-
1. File manager?
2. Can... more1. No file manager, Windows Phone is like iPhone
2. No, you can't. Wallpaper can be applied for lockscreen
3. About 4,7 GB
4. No, equalizer
5. No, there isn't
6. Good, but better use 3G. I always set 3G for my Lumia
Nokia pls give equalizer for this phone. I dont want dolby surround. Its basic feature for phones. L520 is top selling phone. Its budget phone I accept but equalizer must & basic for phones. Pls understand equalizer is not determind Lumia 620,720 and 520 sales. Its worst...worst....
wp8 lvr, 23 Aug 2013Only yx player play all format videos.. but its a paid app i.e. rs.250 so, what apps for the free??
seppi, 23 Aug 2013pls tel me ,ds this phone suport opera mini?No, it doesn't. No Opera Mini, no Opera Browser and no Opera Classic for Windows Phone.
Rg skywalker, 23 Aug 2013anybody...may i know about the battery backup of this phone please???i have lumia 520, and cell have a nice battery back up
But I just read the GDR2 update solves the OTHER STORAGE problem. Heres the link
my must have apps are: YouMusic download mp3 music from youtube..Nokia video Uploader upload videos to youtube..Metrotube download videos from youtube
is this a good phone for a teenager should I go for it or any other android phone below 10k...?
geo 520, 23 Aug 2013Dude there is temporary files and Other storage... Temporary files can be clear using storage ... moreok but I read somewhere that an app called SHRINK STORAGE can clear some of the OTHER FILES. Have you tried it ??
Gourav Goyal, 23 Aug 2013video calling possible to usa, canada, singapore, china on skype, line, viber, facebook and al... moreDon't know for countries you mention. In Indonesia it can do video call using Skype, not sure for Viber.
Not sure too audio video chatting in websites. But using Internet Explorer Lumia 520 I can do live chat in Microsoft website.
mohas, 23 Aug 2013the previous post i just try message attachment but not tried upload to group but the link bel... moreThank you for your images upload. Don't know, everytimes I try upload image via Facebook Beta fail. So I unisntalled it.