gaurav saraf, 11 Aug 2013i am confused between limia 520 and samsung sduos, Any user can suggest me? plzzzzzz lumia 520 ofc..the Samsung s duos has only one core while the 520 has a duel core KRAIT (the best) not mention that the 520 can play 1080p (Full HD videos) while Samsung s duos can't
thanos, 11 Aug 2013No you are wrong the ram that need in both wp and android is same and most useful app not work... morego away troll
lumia 520 with its 512 mb ram .....can play 1080 videos while android with one 1 gb ram can hardly play vga (640x480p) videos (galaxy core),
u don't need a file manager cuz the OS organizes files automatically unlike android where u have to organize things manually.
u can save a number from a missed call very easily and there's a short cut and multitouch keyboard in writing messages. it seems u r just a troll who doesn't know anything about wp8..u just want to drive people to what u want and u don't care about their hard earned money and the 520 with its wp8 is currently the best in its class or the even class above and anyone who wants the best low end smartphone should go for the lumia 520.
u even tried to drive someone to xperia e which is very bad phone with only single core and 3.5" hvga screen just for the sake of u loving android. and u forgot that the 520 is wvga 4" phone with duel core (not any duel core but duel core krait i.e the best). SHAME on u really , SHAME on u for driving people to u want at whatever cost not caring for their money going to the best. go away troll , GO AWAY!!!!!!!
You r absolutly right, if you already explore that types of details... I never to purchase to this phone....thanks.
Yd, 11 Aug 2013I wanna buy a good smartphone . . . Which is bettr nokia lumia 520 or sony xperia e??
Plzz pl... morelumia 520 ofc.... single core low end android phones like xperia e r very laggy not mention the 520 has wvga screen while xperia E has Hvga screen, so the 520 has 2 times more pixels than the xperia E in the screen department , the 520 is 4" phone while the xperia E is 3.5" phone...yuck ,how do even compare xperia e to 520?
go to 520 right away.
also it seems the guy who replied to u : "sony"..wants u to spend money on the wrong phone
geo 520, 11 Aug 2013No use dude... We're about to get the GDR2 update (at least for 6+ Lumians) we're still not ge... moreI knw.. but what they can do now dude..
work is just in progress n before that what can they do.
ms prepare whole development n addition of new features for major wp8.1 update.. n they still working on it..
n before that they also cant do anythng..
n last week ms joe Belfiore replys users on wpuser voice that 'we cant reply u means dosnt mean we cant listning u users.. we r listning all of u n working on these thngs.'
n also m posting u last day why ms facing problem under development n they delay update time..
try to understand dude.. they r not providing updates that doesnt mean they doing timepass ther n throw users in darkness.
thngs r delayed coz of technical issues n they trying hard to resolve it n roll out updates as soon as possible.
last month i read a artical that ms also wants to release major wp8.1 update in current year as soon as possible but because of huge technical issues they delay it to 2014..
but u says user like me trying to protect ms..
m not trying to protect but true thng is ms still working on update n they also cant do anythng before issues resolve.
hope u understand.
wp8 lvr, 11 Aug 2013Gud list dude..
if possible then write ths in wp user voice site n share link of ur page to vote..No use dude... We're about to get the GDR2 update (at least for 6+ Lumians) we're still not getting anything from the TOP ideas of that forum.
Sometimes I'm wondering Microsoft is listening or not. Or they just simply try to convince us to buy the phone and then leave us in dark.
GDR2 is just a small update, I see no actual features with high demand from customer on this update...
and flashing?? But i think gdr2 can be installed with WiFi coz its has only some added features, not touched Kernel or Other critical operating system areas...
sushant bazaz, 11 Aug 2013Ur right... Sadly stuck with this phone for a long time now... Untill unless windows provides ... moreI knw dude android fully mature dude n droid is king of smartphone market but low range phones cant handle droid load.. its experiance like hell..
droid only works on higher chipsets.. even galaxy s4 also hands alot with octa core, 2gb ram n i thnk 2 giga cpu..
then u thnk what is condition of low end droids..
my bro also hav android phone n hangs n return to main screen at every single operation.. its annoying.. n even i also cant touch his phone due to ths reason..
basic thngs r availble on droid coz its fully matured os.. but wp8 is nearly less than 1 year old os so ms needs time to grow it..
even android n other platforms also facing these issues n user anger at its starting time..
hope u understand..
sushant bazaz, 11 Aug 2013Ur right... Sadly stuck with this phone for a long time now... Untill unless windows provides ... moreI knw os still lacks thngs n immature.. but they cant provide update in 15 days or per month.. coz it is also bad experince n impossible to flash whole system every month for 1 by 1 basic thngs..
they r working on wp8.1 blue major n huge update n work is still in progress so we cant do anythng before that.
[deleted post]Gud list dude..
if possible then write ths in wp user voice site n share link of ur page to vote..
gaurav saraf, 11 Aug 2013i am confused between limia 520 and samsung sduos, Any user can suggest me? plzzzzzz Go for nl 520.smsng s duos is worst.i m using s duos.i want to buy one 520.
geo 520, 11 Aug 201330+ Drawbacks or Limitations of windows phone
1. Video and audio downloading is natively r... moreUr right... Sadly stuck with this phone for a long time now... Untill unless windows provides with atleast basic features which u have mentioned (which again v can only hope from ms looking at them with puppy eyes )lol
still they are going to help us with...
I wanna buy a good smartphone . . . Which is bettr nokia lumia 520 or sony xperia e??
Plzz plzz..... Suggst me frndz . . .
Amr, 10 Aug 2013hi thanos
1. windows manages resources better than android,
so windows use 512 ram and 1 gyg... more30+ Drawbacks or Limitations of windows phone
1. Video and audio downloading is natively restricted
2. No file manager. You can't see files without a appropriate app. You can't move , rename the files... You Can't delete files that are not supported. Can't move files between SDcard and phone memory. simply you always need a computer for every single file operation.
3. You can't send Prerecorded audio and video files via any social networking apps like WhatsApp, Wechat etc
4. You Can't save received audio and video files with any social networking apps
5. You Can't upload video, audio, document files to any sites. And unable to upload image files to most of the websites. And can't attach with email.
6. No video players for playing popular video like.mkv,.avi,.flv etc
( offcourse there is one, yxplayer (Rs235), but Its NOT A STANDALONE APPLICATION... You Need buy another SDCard viwer application (Rs 110) for working with this player. total cost Rs 345... But still it can't give a satisfactory performance coz it can't play files from video hub and take minutes to open a video file and many features are not present)
7. You can't share videos via Bluetooth except your personal videos taken with this phone.
8. No multiple file sending for files except images
9. No multiple delete option except audio and image files
10. No notification center. Always results in delayed notifications.
11. Call recording not possible. Its restricted
12. No background downloading support ( except app store)
13. Charging phone while its switched off is not possible. It automatically get on while connect to charger
14. No flash plugin support
15. No zooming while video recording in progress and no pause option for video recording
16. No way to see files properties
17. No separate volume controls for music and ring tones. Can't set custom ring tone for message.
18. Can't save numbers directly to contacts from call record
19. Sms delivery reports comes into a separate thread
20. No looping option in to do list. No proper notification.
21. No way to close internet explorer immediately
22. To close apps you need first bring the app into foreground
23. Page refreshing in browsers and other applications when switching to foreground. Typed content vanishes.
24. No USB tethering. So you can't use it with your desktop computer.
25. No Equalizer for music player
26. One waste hardware button. dedicated for bing. No one using it. Its really irritating when bing launches by accidently touching it while running other apps or games.
27. Day by day increasing other storage. No way to clean it
28. Duplication of files
29. No seek bar for music player
30. No CUT option in text editing. Only COPY option..
31. No rotation lock. Really Annoying while in bed.
32. No auto alignment for text while zooming in documents and web pages... Really annoying while reading web pages
33. No quick short cuts for WiFi,Bluetooth,battery,network,gps, brightness settings. No Bluetooth auto on while sending files.
34. No task killing, one hanging application leads to entire phone hang and restart.
And offcourse Less availability of apps and games, limited features in available popular apps as compared to other platforms ( eg: 360camara, WhatsApp etc ), unexpected restarting.... And Still counting...
Due to hardware restrictions
Nokia Glance will not be
available for Nokia Lumia 520
sindy, 10 Aug 2013Please help how do l make my song choice as a ringtone i've tried. Bt it just doesn't workyou should connect your phone to computer and open the phone memory, you will find ringtones folder, put your song in this folder, you will find this song with ringtones under customize category