Amr, 10 Aug 2013hi thanos
1. windows manages resources better than android,
so windows use 512 ram and 1 gyg... more30+ Drawbacks or Limitations of windows phone
1. Video and audio downloading is natively restricted
2. No file manager. You can't see files without a appropriate app. You can't move , rename the files... You Can't delete files that are not supported. Can't move files between SDcard and phone memory. simply you always need a computer for every single file operation.
3. You can't send Prerecorded audio and video files via any social networking apps like WhatsApp, Wechat etc
4. You Can't save received audio and video files with any social networking apps
5. You Can't upload video, audio, document files to any sites. And unable to upload image files to most of the websites. And can't attach with email.
6. No video players for playing popular video like.mkv,.avi,.flv etc
( offcourse there is one, yxplayer (Rs235), but Its NOT A STANDALONE APPLICATION... You Need buy another SDCard viwer application (Rs 110) for working with this player. total cost Rs 345... But still it can't give a satisfactory performance coz it can't play files from video hub and take minutes to open a video file and many features are not present)
7. You can't share videos via Bluetooth except your personal videos taken with this phone.
8. No multiple file sending for files except images
9. No multiple delete option except audio and image files
10. No notification center. Always results in delayed notifications.
11. Call recording not possible. Its restricted
12. No background downloading support ( except app store)
13. Charging phone while its switched off is not possible. It automatically get on while connect to charger
14. No flash plugin support
15. No zooming while video recording in progress and no pause option for video recording
16. No way to see files properties
17. No separate volume controls for music and ring tones. Can't set custom ring tone for message.
18. Can't save numbers directly to contacts from call record
19. Sms delivery reports comes into a separate thread
20. No looping option in to do list. No proper notification.
21. No way to close internet explorer immediately
22. To close apps you need first bring the app into foreground
23. Page refreshing in browsers and other applications when switching to foreground. Typed content vanishes.
24. No USB tethering. So you can't use it with your desktop computer.
25. No Equalizer for music player
26. One waste hardware button. dedicated for bing. No one using it. Its really irritating when bing launches by accidently touching it while running other apps or games.
27. Day by day increasing other storage. No way to clean it
28. Duplication of files
29. No seek bar for music player
30. No CUT option in text editing. Only COPY option..
31. No rotation lock. Really Annoying while in bed.
32. No auto alignment for text while zooming in documents and web pages... Really annoying while reading web pages
33. No quick short cuts for WiFi,Bluetooth,battery,network,gps, brightness settings. No Bluetooth auto on while sending files.
34. No task killing, one hanging application leads to entire phone hang and restart.
And offcourse Less availability of apps and games, limited features in available popular apps as compared to other platforms ( eg: 360camara, WhatsApp etc ), unexpected restarting.... And Still counting...
Due to hardware restrictions
Nokia Glance will not be
available for Nokia Lumia 520
sindy, 10 Aug 2013Please help how do l make my song choice as a ringtone i've tried. Bt it just doesn't workyou should connect your phone to computer and open the phone memory, you will find ringtones folder, put your song in this folder, you will find this song with ringtones under customize category
any gud aap for music other than nokia music whre songs(all languages) can be downloaded free of cost.
thanks in advance!!
vinayak, 11 Aug 2013i hv to buy a smartphn i am confused btween lumia 520 n 620 pls hlp me 620 has a flash n front... moreagree with nikiWP.... but i think 520 is the best option.... because, spending around 3000rs extra only for front camera ia not worth... and 620 is dated... so 520 is the best...
vinayak, 11 Aug 2013i hv to buy a smartphn i am confused btween lumia 520 n 620 pls hlp me 620 has a flash n front... moredude... both smartphones are same for comparing features and processor... it just that 620 has front camera.. which is VGA.. so if you are ready to give some more for front camera.. then buy 620... or 520 is the best deal....
vinayak, 11 Aug 2013i hv to buy a smartphn i am confused btween lumia 520 n 620 pls hlp me 620 has a flash n front... moreIf the price doesn't bother you, go for Lumia 620, it is better in hardware, Lumia 620 will get Glance feature when gets GDR2 update.
this phone looks posh and display has good quality no lag but battery is very weak,it drains when you use internet or play music
i hv to buy a smartphn i am confused btween lumia 520 n 620 pls hlp me 620 has a flash n front camera n a clear back display bt 520 is biger thn 620 so pls hlp me thnx in advance
Amr, 10 Aug 2013hi thanos 1. windows manages resources better than android, so windows use 512 ram and 1 gyg... moreNo you are wrong the ram that need in both wp and android is same and most useful app not work on wp like opera browser mx player that play all format video and sygic map .there is no file manger on wp it is very very important .alse os setting is bad in wp you dont have multi touch keyboard for write msj and can not stop auto screen rotation that anoy you when u use phone in bed .and you can not save number who misscall you directly wile it is easy to use
FaizWP8, 11 Aug 2013The only problem still i am facing unable to install game through memory card Games n apps cannot b installed in mc ... *sigh*
The only problem still i am facing unable to install game through memory card
i am confused between limia 520 and samsung sduos,
Any user can suggest me? plzzzzzz
The Biggest Drawback is, there is No official App from Google....that is you will not have google maps app. and those available in the name of google maps are not official one , and they are not good. with lumia they provide nokia's map app, which never works, so if u are a traveller, or u feel google maps and other google apps like G.Drive are essential for you, then you should not buy this phone. other than this, hardare is good, touch works good. The biggest drawback of Windows phone is , that the Microsoft is not releasing its UPDATES , which is a big mess
I did hard reset on my Lumia 520 on August 4, till now almost 7 days I don't face restart itself agian. I wouldn't like it is restart again.
Spud60, 10 Aug 2013How do I reset my Nokia lumia#Option 2, How to Hard Reset Nokia Lumia 520 with Hardware Button Key:
If we can not access the menu or stuck or not responding, then we can try format Nokia Lumia 520 with hardware key:
A. BIG STEP ONE:
1.Please remember, we have to do two BIG STEP
2.BIG STEP ONE (a). Press and Hold the Power Button, do not release until the phone vibrate (if you feel the vibrate in Nokia Lumia 520 then release the Power Button)
3.BIG STEP ONE (b). Press and Hold the Volume Down Button, do not release until the LCD show the exclamation mark (if you see the exclamation mark in LCD, then release the Volume Down Button)
B. BIG STEP TWO (this can be down after all BIG STEP ONE finish)
1.To continue reset, you have to do the last step bellow
2.Press Volume Up Button Key and release
3.Press Volume Down Button Key and release
4.Press Power Button Key and release
5.Press Volume Down Button Key and release
6.The the Nokia Lumia 520 will do the hard reset format
Copied from http://www.hard-reset.org/factory-default/how-to-safely-master-reset-nokia-lumia-520-with-easy-hard-reset/