neeraj.rathore, 04 Jul 2013Then you should complain for lack of features or apps that can do it, not ask for file manager... moreIts so funny... You also saying Microsoft checking and ensure all apps before adding to store to ensure security... And then saying third party apps exploit the file manager feature if added... How it's possible??? That's a double stand...
neeraj.rathore, 04 Jul 2013With the exception of save documents, everything else is possible. MS Office though has not gi... moreKirik Search app ?? Are you marketing agent off that nonsense app?? For Rs 110... Whose is gonna buy that... No review n rating still... If you are the developer first make it free for at lest 1 month... And wait for user ratings... No one is gonna buy an unrated app... So stop promotion and get into reality..
MobilePowerUser, 04 Jul 2013Beware of android trolls on this page. THIS REVIEW IS REPLY TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT USED I... moreIf ur using this from 2month then plz tell me how to solve this problem when installing game manually from SD card it saying attention require wht should I do??
NikiWP, 04 Jul 2013I think, at least, smartphones can give access to read files on memory card, save documents on... moreWith the exception of save documents, everything else is possible. MS Office though has not given the feature, although using Kirik Search app or third party pdf reader app, you can do these. I agree with Office not giving this though. Being a system app, they should have given the feature.
Beware of android trolls on this page.
THIS REVIEW IS REPLY TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT USED IT AND ARE JUST TROLLING AROUND.
This phone is best in its price range and can beat top level android phones in term of smoothness in its operating. There is no hang like android and you don't need to worry about viruses because this operating system is totally secure.I am pointing out few things which people are just trolling about here even without using this phone.
1) TOUCH :- this phone has got best touch screen which you can get. It is highly sensitive that's why it can work even if you have gloves on!!! Now you can easily understand how people are lying when they say touch is not good.
2) NO FM :- Please ! if you write a review don't mention things which are not specified as feature in phone already. Everyone knows this phone doesn't have FM, so how does it become con? or a problem to you later. Didn't you know from before ???? by the way FM update is coming in august update.Also with unlimited nokia music subscription i don't think anyone needs FM. Especially when nokia music store songs are just 1Mb in size and have superb quality!!!
3) NO FLASH: - how is this con? Its mentioned from before this phone doesn't have flash ,so why complain about it later.You want flash go for Lumia 620.
4) APPS :- Now this is the point on which almost everyone seems to be commenting even without having any knowledge. Windows phone 8 os is just few months old and already it has 160,000+ apps . This number of apps came to android and iphone after years!!!! All the important apps are available.And they are not malware infested like android ones because microsoft checks them all before adding to store. Btw its foolish to go on app number . Who uses more than 100 apps? so why do you need 7,00,000 apps? when most of them are either malware or a project made by college student .
5) OS: Windows phone OS is much better to android. This system is secure so you can trust it for mobile banking and other private stuff. Whereas in android anyone can have access to your private data.You can search on net and easily find how android apps are coming with malware with access your private data.After all google main motive in making android was to gather more information about you to show you better ads.Thats it. Don't get fooled that android is open source so its better.Google and all those other apps are constantly tracking you.
6) BATTERY LIFE: Battery life is not an issue if you know how to use a smartphone. People here complain about battery life even without having basic knowledge. You keep your gps on , email synchronization to "push item as they arrive" and all apps running in background ,they how can you expect good battery life? No phone will give a long battery life with all those things on. Just on location when needed and use mail synchronization to half an hour or more .
I have been using this phone for last 2 months and not a single time I faced hanging problem. I would suggest just go for this phone.Don't get trolled by these stupid people who don't even have basic knowledge and comment even without using something.
Using Lumia 520. Only i can say good but not best :- 1.I want opera mini or Opera mobile for best browsing and easy to use. 2. I Want file manager 3.I want application manager to delete the data anytime. 4.I want home screen wallpaper also.
Using Lumia 520, but good but satisfied. only i can say good but not best :- 1.I want opera mini or Opera mobile for best browsing and easy to use. 2. I Want file manager 3.I want application manager to delete the data anytime. 4.I want home screen wallpaper also.
1. no option to stop screen rotation
2. poor running.
3. no use of ram.
4. phone gets heated up soon.
Nero mark, 04 Jul 2013you cant enjoy net with a 58k modem. like wise you cant enjoy a smartphone without pcI think, at least, smartphones can give access to read files on memory card, save documents on memory card, read documents, attach documents files via email on memory card.
neeraj.rathore, 04 Jul 2013Then you should complain for lack of features or apps that can do it, not ask for file manager... moreThank you for your comments. I had given feedback to Nokia many times. Well, maybe I should wait for the update, hope it will better.
About Android. I had twice use Android smartphone, for my experience using it, I never experience malware on the device, only one I had ever experienced, once, there was a suspicious file detected by avast!, it had been cleaned at that time.
Anonymous, 03 Jul 2013Lumia 520! The ultimate useless thing from Nokia!
1. You don't get access to your OWN docs... moreLumia 520! The ultimate useless thing from Nokia!- Yes thats why every tech site rated this phone 4.5/5
1. You don't get access to your OWN docs on the sd card! There is no Explorer or File manager or any other option for you to use directly the docs on the sd card other than music and videos! The only way to get access to the docs on the sd is to create an account with Microsoft, upload your docs on THEIR server and then download them to the memory of the phone.
- this is only a android only feature. even iso or even bb10 dosent have this.
2. The sd card can not be inserted in a simple way from the side of the phone, but you have to take off the cover and the battery.
-so? its always recommanded to swith off phone before removing sd card. It was also dont to preserve unibody desigs
3. It is diabolically created that there is no classic way of opening the back cover so you get to use some tool that will eventually crack the display.
- TROLL of decade. you dont know any thing. just push your nail in the case t open it. lol stop commenting if you dont know about it......
Don Hils, 04 Jul 2013I use the phone and unfortunately you can't download videos with IE and you can't even watch Y... moretroll. yes you cant watch YouTube video from m.YouTube.com or else download a app from store. i suggest metrotube
Arunlal520, 04 Jul 2013Krick search app huh... Just a searching app costs RS 110... that's why everyone saying Androi... morekrick is also in android store at Rs 110. same as wp store where is the price difference?
NikiWP, 04 Jul 2013If file manager is insecure, how about users who would like to read/see their files on microSD... moreyou cant enjoy net with a 58k modem. like wise you cant enjoy a smartphone without pc
NikiWP, 04 Jul 2013In my opinion, file manager in Android like ES File Explorer is better. I had used Android few... moreI would disagree. Why would someone need to do delete, rename or edit files while a hub can do it for you? Moreover as I already said, file manager is insecure. If you are letting file manager, you need to give write access to third parties. Then other developers can use it as they want.
By the way, IOS does not support file manager. As a result it is so secure. I have not seen many iphone users complain of lack of file manager.
NikiWP, 04 Jul 2013If file manager is insecure, how about users who would like to read/see their files on microSD... moreThen you should complain for lack of features or apps that can do it, not ask for file manager. If you let third parties delete or edit files, then all kinds of malware will creep in. That is why Android is a host of so many malware. You need to blame Office for not giving sd card option.
Arunlal520, 04 Jul 2013Krick search app huh... Just a searching app costs RS 110... that's why everyone saying Androi... moreIf you want apps you can have them, or else not necessary. It is your wish.
neeraj.rathore, 03 Jul 2013As i have said so many times ancient outdated insecure features like file manager are not pres... moreUc browser for WP8 is the best alternative of IE. It can download videos from any site and save your songs and any file to sd card. I m using it in my Lumia 820. It's very great.