Saptadeep, 01 Mar 2014Android and Windows mobile both are under construction. Does not support app and games install... moreYou are perfectly right.
Lumia 625 is almost useless if all the above things are not working.
Hope somebody from MS is reading this and everything will be corrected. If not then 7.2 billion dollars which they paid to nokia are all going to be wasted as these nobody will buy this phones.
Can any body guide me regarding choice between NOKIA lumia 525 and Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582. My criteria are - use of g Mail, internet browsing,folder wise storage and viewing of music and video file, ease in feeding and editing contacts, Music output. I dont play many games.
I have purchased the phone on 16th Feb,2014. It's not even 1 month old.
The Battery back- up is very poor, at the most it is giving a back up of 5 - 6 hours. Till now I have visited 3 time to service center. no satisfactory result till now and today I have submitted it to the service center for a thorough checkup.
Two of my friends are facing the same problem.
The phone costs around 10,500/- bucks but the battery costs only 599/- bucks. the cheaper the battery, the cheaper the Backup
will suggest not to buy.
dis mite b a gud phn but if u think f payin more thn 10000 rupees...DON'T GO FOR IT! try others..anywy its RAM is good.
whts d usefulnss of dis phn if it lacks many features? kids will buy it! android rocks!
Everyone is complaing about Flash,front facing camera,this and that....
If u want Windows Phone in your hand and expecting lots of additional feature then you have to pay eye watering amount,you are not going to get this in low end handsets like lumia 525/520 go for Lumia Icon man
Simply this phone is best low end Windows Phone till now only it lags is battery backup,although you can buy Gold Battery which will be of over 2450mAh comparing to Lumia's 1430mAh,but people want all these out of the box.
modern combat 4 is not installing lumia 525 manually from sd card its showing unsupported apps and games. can any one fix this problem
this is really a good phone,but price is not satisfactory, the cost should be 8000, if they giving it in 10000 must be with flash at-least, one problem with all window phone is only few apps, if you want to some many of them available on purchase only, while in android these are in billions number with free.....
gonna pass on this one. if only it was blessed with 1700 mAh battery
Saptadeep, 01 Mar 2014Android and Windows mobile both are under construction. Does not support app and games install... moreLol.. copy paste of others content is bad habbit dude.. i think u stole too much old limitation list n paste here..
its ok.. atleast u save ur time to write this.. but its a bad habbit. all this ur whole coment clearly shows that u dont hav any lumia phone.. u r just trying to troll.
for ur kind info after latest gdr3 black update
1- u can close apps direct from multitask window without opening apps.
2- Screen autorotation lock is availble now.
3- call recording is illegal so it was locked by ms.
4- other storage issue is almost solve.
4- now new video player called 'moliplayer' play everything which wins best app on wp platform.. all knws yxplayer is crap. vlc player also coming soon..
gdr3 is small update..
but next wp8.1 blue update is biggest update coming in 2nd april 2014 in ms build event which resolves each n every problem mention above to directly compete with android n ios... so be aware.. everything is coming n all limitations removed by ms in wp8.1 update.
wifi direct coming, internet explorer coming with download n upload feature(all music,videos, pics,documents, zip files n even unsupported files download n upload also possible in wp8.1 update), apps n games installation in sd card is coming.
everything is coming with wp8.1 update.. too much big list than u so cant write all this now.. so stay tuned.. ;-P
can't transfer downloaded stuffs to mmc battery backup is low poor indoor camera plz don't buy
Android and Windows mobile both are under construction. Does not support app and games install on memory card. app and games use internal memory only or sometime partial memory card support.
40+ Drawbacks or Limitations of windows phone
1. Video and audio downloading is natively restricted
2. No file manager. You can't see files without a appropriate app. You can't move , rename the files... You Can't delete files that are not supported. Can't move files between SDcard and phone memory. simply you always need a computer for every single file operation.
3. You can't send Prerecorded audio and video files via any social networking apps like WhatsApp, Wechat etc
4. You Can't save received audio and video files with any social networking apps
5. You Can't upload video, audio, document files to any sites. And unable to upload image files to most of the websites. And can't attach with email.
6. No video players for playing popular video formats like .mkv,.avi,.flv etc
( off course there is one, yxplayer (Rs235), but Its NOT A STANDALONE APPLICATION... You Need buy another SDCard viewer application (Rs 110) for working with this player. total cost Rs 345... But still it can't give a satisfactory performance coz it can't play files from video hub and take minutes to open a video file, poor quality playback and many features are not present)
7. You can't share videos via Bluetooth except your personal videos taken with this phone.
8. No multiple file sending for files except images
9. No multiple delete option except audio and image files
10. No notification center. Always results in delayed notifications.
11. Call recording not possible. Its restricted
12. No background downloading support ( except app store)
13. Charging phone while its switched off is not possible. It automatically get on while connect to charger
14. No flash plugin support .. So you can't see any flash videos or web content that requires flash support..
15. No zooming while video recording in progress and no pause option for video recording
16. No way to see files properties.
17. No separate volume controls for music and ring tones. Can't set custom ring tone for message.
18. Can't save numbers directly to contacts from call record
19. Sms delivery reports comes into a separate thread
20. No looping option in to do list. No proper notification. No way to set alerts for different day intervals
21. No way to close internet explorer immediately
22. To close apps you need first bring the app into foreground
23. Page refreshing in browsers and other applications when switching to foreground. Typed content vanishes.
24. No USB tethering. So you can't use it with your desktop computer.
25. No Equalizer for music player
26. One waste hardware button. dedicated for bing. No one using it. Its really irritating when bing launches by accidently touching it while running other apps or games.
27. Day by day increasing other storage. No way to clean it
28. Duplication of files
29. No seek bar for music player
30. No CUT option in text editing. Only COPY option..
31. No rotation lock. Really Annoying while in bed.
32. No auto alignment for text while zooming in documents and web pages... Really annoying while reading web pages
33. No quick short cuts for WiFi,Bluetooth,battery,network,gps, brightness settings. No Bluetooth auto on while sending files.
34. No task killing, one hanging application leads to entire phone hang and restart.
35. No privacy features. Only way to protect your personal data is screen lock password.
36. In video and audio hub. There is no way to categorize your files. every thing shows mixed... In video hub there is no way to even sort the files. Everything mixed up. No matter whether its p*rn or movie clip.
37. While receiving video files via Bluetooth it goes to saved images folder instead of video hub.
38. Vibration alerts are not really helpful. It vibrates only once when getting a call.
40. Image preview quality is poor with default viewer.
41. Unable set custom applications for opening files.
42. Windows phone does not support WiFi Direct feature. Only way to file sending is slow Bluetooth.
43. Call duration not showing in Call record
44. Unable to install app and games on SD card.
WP8 its self is a Kids mobile:-
1. No file manger (kids doesn't require)
2. No manual IP setting.
3. No download option
4. There is no single Video Players available in the Market to Play Videos, To access videos we have to move to Music+Videos. Even we can not delete Videos at a time we have to delete one at a time and multiple selection of Videos is not available or Folder view of Videos is not Possible in Windows Phone 8 Device. (kids not require)
5. Cant rename or delete songs (again kids not allowed)
6. Cant Deactivate Auto-Rotation on Orientation Change because kinds always tilt there phone so its not required for them.
7. Cant upload files in browser again kids are not allowed to do so.
8. No perfect Task Manager, kids not allowed to close all tasks at once.
9. No call recorder again kids not allowed
10. Cant edit a number if you typed wrong no. say 12346578, you cant edit it you have to type again, bcos kids not allowed to do so.
11. Cant rename Bluetooth profile on phone you have to go to your PC, bcos kids not allowed to do so.
12. No VPN? hh kids doesn't require it.
13. Same Volume for all task, bcos kids like that :)
14. Missing document attachment in emails (while replying)? kids dont like that too.
15. The Internet Explorer browser is unable to save web files from Internet in the Windows phone 8. There is no forward button in thre browser, Hhh again kids doesn't require that.
And there are so many features which are missing (oh sorry which are not require for a kid), If any one know then please post here, because we are here to support Windows phone at-least for kids ;)
I'll add my thoughts as well:
- You can't search contacts using numeric keypad . You can but with external dialer, which does not have access to missed calls. So You end up having two dialers on the screen which is just stupid. Why having two things for same functions if You could use one?
- Editing text is a pain when You need to delete a letter in the middle of a word. To put the cursor after a letter You need to hold down a finger so you cover almost the whole word. Actually You don't know where You put it and again, You need to do it twice or three times before You succeed. Why doing sthg twice if You could briefly tap once?
- You can't answer the phone with one slide. You just slide and then You need to hit 'pick up'. Why doing sthg twice if You can do it with one slide?
- In my phone (lumia 625) I'm forced to use full resolution and can't lower it.
Photos that phones are made for, don't need to be 5 or 10megapixels big. They can, but actually what for? Why MUST I use twice as much space then ?
- Tiles update every 30min which means that every battery meter on the screen is useless.
You can't play with Your phone intesively for half an hour seeing there is 30% and suddenly You realize it's not 30% but 5% or almost dead.
-You're forced to use Bing under the right button, so You end up having another browser on the screen, at least most people do so. Why having two browsers if You could use one?
- You can't turn the media volume separately. If You turn down volume, You turn down the ringtone as well. Why turning down two things if I want only one?
Most of people were confused between Lumia 525 & Moto G,even i was confused too,so i bought both.Now i have WP8 and Kitkat in my pocket,feels good.But,did i made a wrong decision spending above 400 USD for two mid end phones.
flash is not available in this phone and btr back up is very low .....i don't suggest to parches it....
Siva Raj, 28 Feb 2014Hi wp lvr i have one doubt
How to download youtube videos on my lumia 525? For download youtube videos use below apps
1- youtube hd
2- file downloader
uc browser download youtube videos but it saves as catche in browser so we cant move it..
when i contact to uc team to allow to move youtube videos from browser to pc then they told me Youtube not giving permission to move videos.. its illegal.