I , like any other Indian waiting 3 long months for this mobile and was it worth it??? Lets find out....
My phone had over heating problem and i got it replaced but still the problem remains.
1. Decent Camera
2. Super smooth and sensitive touch comparable to any other high end phone in the market.
3. good resolution.
CONS: its a long list and most of the cons are WP8 centric...so here we go and i will be very honest..!
1. Muli Tasking is a complete joke on this phone. All the apps are suspended in the background i.e they are not working but just waiting . So if you are downloading a file and want to read a pdf doc simultaneously... dont expect this phone to keep downloading the file in the background while you read happily!! how annoying is dat??
2. Installing apps is a real pain in the aSS... you have to log in to your hotmail id to install apps.. dat is fine but even if you hav saved the xps (installation file) on your micro Sd card.. you need to connect to your windows live account to install it..!! so basically you cannot install an app or game offline ever!
3. IE 10 cannot download an mp3 file ...it can only stream it!!! so there is no way for you to download any mp3 from your favourite music site...legal or illegal..! it cannot even save a mp3 if it has been attached to a mail in your inbox!! you cant download any other file format like avi, utube vdos , rar, etc "WoW""
4. Cannot rename photos , you cannot even see the file details like resolution, image size, etc.."sigh"
5. cannot send video file by bluetooth...
6. you cannot delete mp3 songs from your phone!!! How on earth did microsoft even come up with such lame bugs???
7. whatsapp is there and installed but its still a reduced version of the android ... there are no smileys!!
8. Nokia music allows you to download latest bollywood songs for free(legal) wooowwww.... but that is a half truth.... the songs which are downloaded are compressed and so the quality sucks..!!
9. There is no sign of a file manager. So basically you cannot view or know where all your files are on the phone. So if you recieve a file via bluetooth from a friend which is not a mp3 or a video.... those files get totally lost in sum mysterious place on your phone! they eat up space and u cant even search for them and delete them.!
These are some of the bugs that i can remember on the top of my head..!! I havent yet even tested the very famous multi touch issue..!! Dont get me wrong... i really want to like WP8 but believe me microsoft have screwed up big time.! i am not even blaming nokia for the mess!!
This phone is Dumb.. even my old 6600 symbian phone dat i bought way back in 2006 was way smarter than this mobile. yes it did not have stereo sound, big fat RAM, 5 mp cam or a giant processor.... but it was smart. It ws intuitive and did not force me to do things a certain way..!! it never forced me to stay connected to install a simple app on my phone!!
It had apps that allowed me to create playlists on my phone itself...(remember PowerMp3 ??) The point is.. if you are spending 15k on a phone... it should be worth it!! i cannot force anybody to not buy this phone but atleast i can warn people about what they are getting into. The review might sound harsh but those things have annoyed me.!!
THANK YOU :)
AnonD-110361, 14 Mar 2013thanks will be back if i ahve more queries hope my questions also help others ...once again th... moreYou are welcome buddy, you don't owe me anything, I am just doing my bit to help others, as I too was helped by others in the same way :)
AnonD-41271, 14 Mar 20131.how do i set a song as a ringtone - I just use the nokia ringtone maker. 2. same goes to th... morethanks will be back if i ahve more queries hope my questions also help others ...once again thanks mate owe you big time for all the things you do here ....thanks
Anonymous, 14 Mar 2013Lumia 620 Hanged twice in 24hrs. :-| Else its a Masterpiece :)Wow wat u do to make it hag 2 times in 1 day
AnonD-110361, 14 Mar 2013yo my queries for today TheApprentice youre up
okay i have a lumia 620 and here are my quetio... more1.how do i set a song as a ringtone - I just use the nokia ringtone maker.
2. same goes to the alarm - Same goes for alarm
3.got an update for the other folder thing but still hovering over the 800 mb mark any ideas for that will be helpful - Disable your auto skydrive uploading of photos
4. bluetooth streaming is quite good but i need an equaliser to work with the streaming none of the builtin apps provide that option for that(music+videos and nokia music ) suggests a music player with an inbuilt equaliser - I don't think there is any other music player.
5.how to disable the images in ie 10 - Cant
6. how to set home page to blank in ie 10 - While closing IE. Open the bottom drawer click on tab, close all the current tabs and then hit the back button to close out completely. That way next time you start it will be a blank page.
[deleted post]to check signature of the app and to see if its paid or free or free to try, that is why no apps can be cracked at the moment all the apps need to be checked one last time before installing ...
AnonD-122926, 14 Mar 2013TheApprentice.......really 1080p..........?????Yes can play 1080p video with no problems
yo my queries for today TheApprentice youre up
okay i have a lumia 620 and here are my quetions
1.how do i set a song as a ringtone
2. same goes to the alarm
3.got an update for the other folder thing but still hovering over the 800 mb mark any ideas for that will be helpful
4. bluetooth streaming is quite good but i need an equaliser to work with the streaming none of the builtin apps provide that option for that(music+videos and nokia music ) suggests a music player with an inbuilt equaliser
5.how to disable the images in ie 10
6. how to set home page to blank in ie 10
edit post: forgot to say thanks :-P so thanks
For better battery backup chose Nokia ,for durability buy Nokia ,for good phones go for Nokia ,and don't go any were else
AnonD-110748, 14 Mar 2013plays 1080p videos like buttery smooth from a class 4 sd card! plays 1080p videos like buttery smooth from a
class 4 sd card!............really....???????...........1080p.......??????
Athull, 14 Mar 2013To be honest being a samsung user for 3 years, i can safely say samsung customer care is the w... moreNot every country get same treatment here Nokia faulty phone won't get replace where Samsung replace them there r even complain the Lumia 920 phone sent to repair for few months haven return customer jus get really disappointed they go for other brand instead
To jump to a letter of the alphabet
Instead of scrolling through your entire list, try jumping straight to the section you want.
On Start, tap People .
Flick to All, tap any letter of the alphabet, then tap a letter to jump to that point in your contact list.
Tap the globe to see contacts that use international characters.
AnonD-103285, 14 Mar 2013I agree Nokia customer care is worst people will go in to Samsung shop rather that Nokia shop ... moreTo be honest being a samsung user for 3 years, i can safely say samsung customer care is the worst.
I had already posted before how they turned my good looking phone to a total disaster after last december.
And whenever i call their customer care the way those people talk to me just gets me outta control, I just feel like throwing my phone at their sorry faces....
Only after i switched from nokia(yes in 2010 i was tired of seeing only nokias in my family) to samsung i really understood the value of nokia. They were just awesome and samsung...well dont give a sht about u after u bought the phone.
I transferred mp4 video via bluetooth from other cell to my l620 but im not able to access it from music+video.Anyone help me
awesome device. great processing speed. sharp display but the only problem is taking photos at night. not clear at all.
SuperNexus, 14 Mar 2013Samsung is not going to be defeated easily. I daily see more Samsung phones than any other bra... moreI agree Nokia customer care is worst people will go in to Samsung shop rather that Nokia shop I think this the main reason of Nokia downfall