Came across this htc 8S review on indian online store. It was worth sharing here and remove any sort of confusion between htc 8s and lumia 620.
LUMIA 620 vs HTC 8S
@ GD (this specific part is reply to his review)
1) Looks are subject to personal liking. Both handsets, 8S and Lumia 620 are good in my opinion but Nokia is better known for build quality, reception and service support than HTC.
2) Both 8S and Lumia 620 have exact same GPU i.e. Adreno 305. Even CPU is same. So get your fact rights.
3) Lumia 620 has more PPI than HTC 8S! 246 (for 620) vs 233 (for 8S). This, because both have same resolution but display of Lumia 620 is smaller by 0.2". This will result in crispier images on 620. Again I would say, research extensively before writing misleading review.
4) I have already talked about build quality. Check track record of existing and old models from both Nokia and HTC. Leave that part, I would just like to point out that you are already claiming Lumia 620 has bad build quality when none has ever held it in hand except Nokia employees. It says lot about how immature your review is.
Now for all other people.
MAJOR DISADVANTAGE OF HTC 8S:
It has only 4 GB internal memory. It has card slot so people will say, does it even matter? It does. WP 8 stores all games and apps ONLY on internal memory and by no way you can move it to SD card. Out of 4GB, only 1.6 GB is user available and that is barely sufficient for HD games, let alone apps. Lumia 620 has 8 GB internal memory with 5.6 GB user available. More than thrice of 8S.
8S also doesn't feature NFC. So you can not use tap+share and wallet NFC features extensively and nicely implemented in WP 8.
ADVANTAGES OF LUMIA 620 OVER HTC 8S:
1) HAAC - 2 high amplitude microphones for best audio capture in smartphones. Only Nokia N8, Lumia 920, 820 and 620 have this feature. 8S and any other phone lacks it.
2) Front facing camera. Lack of this in 8S makes in built functionality of Skype in WP8 useless.
3) NFC (Near field communication). 620 has it. But lack of it in 8S makes tap+share feature with other accessories like speakers, NFC tags etc and NFC payment feature of WP 8 wallet useless.
4) Support for a 5 GHz frequency over 802.11n WLAN. This is recent adoption in smartphones and make high speed WiFi compatible with phone. Great to have it in 620 but 8S misses it.
5) 21 Mbps HSDPA support in Lumia 620. Maximum speed of HSDPA on 8S is unknown on HTC site but many websites report that its 14.4 Mbps. While mobile companies are upgrading their infrastructure to support more and more 3G speed, its nice to have handset compatible with it.
6) Nokia exclusive apps and location services like critically claimed Nokia Drive, Nokia transport, augmented reality app Nokia city lens, upcoming data compression technique Nokia Xpress, camera lenses like cinemagraph, smartshoot etc. All exclusive on Lumia phones.
7) Dolby headphone sound enhancements vs Beats in HTC. Many audiophiles give thumbs up to Dolby when compared to Beats.
2 stars because this phone still has beautiful and smooth WP 8 OS. Lack of said features is shame for this much price.
220 euros.. it would be around Php 12k only. Price drop will begin soon...
AnonD-90433, 17 Dec 2012what is sky drive ??
More info here
AnonD-90433, 17 Dec 2012what is sky drive ?? Online cloud storage service from MS. Where you can store your file and access them from anywhere. Give it a try at skydrive.live.com
News:flipkart just post HTC 8s in 19671 Rs. (Coming soon) so Lumia 620 price will just around it.
First 2-3 months the prices will be high as its a new launch, but eventualy dey wil start to come down. Specially online and during holi, because all the three phones have color options that can be used for marketing during holi.
yep i dont expect they will sell it at a cheap price anyways.. mostly they will price similar to that of C7 when released in market..
I was having online chat with Nokia India representative and he told me that the expected price of Lumia 620 will be around 18-20K. I hope he turns out to be wrong.
.MKV and .AVI file will work in this device,i contact Nokia care via live chat he give me this information.
Anonymous, 17 Dec 2012wt the hell!!! nokia?? no radio??? and u call ds to be a budget phone?? why do u always hv to... morelets keep our fingers crossed about the radio.. I also hope that the rumor about it being revived at the apollo+ update.. :)
Can any one tell me does this phone support live wallpapers like android if yes is it available in wp8 market place
"In response to your e-mail, I would like to inform you that as per the update from the database system Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 is likely to launch in the first week of January and Nokia Lumia 620 in fourth week of January." said by Nokia care.
Hey I contacted Nokia Care and got the following response :
This email is in reference to know the launch date of Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 620. I value the importance of information asked and i am happy to assist you.
In response to your e-mail, I would like to inform you as per the update from the database system the launch date of Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820 is 1st week of January. And the launch date of Nokia Lumia 620 is 4th week of January. Hence, the pricing of the devices has yet not been disclosed.
Anonymous, 12 Dec 2012does it supports video call through 3GYES DUDE, Its support video calling in Lumia 620. and many more.....
it will be available in india in the 4th week of january, so wait till then to get it, but the price is still not declared in india, i had a chat with nokia care representative'