Before anyone can say badly about it, I bought this handset, and I encountered a lot of problems from the start (syncing with Gmail, using FB Chat for Message Hub, etc). But I solved all those problems with just a few browsing. So be smart and ensure that you've done everything before complaining about this phone or Windows Phone OS. I used an iPhone 5 before this and I got the Nexus 7 so I have a very good overall perspective when judging OS'es.
I got this phone on Saturday and I can say that it's really good for a phone below US $250. Of course, there's a lot of not-so-good things but we should consider the good ones since it is meant as a low-end Nokia phone.
But don't expect it (or Windows Phone Market) for nice gaming. I can say that the free games aren't on par with those on Android and iOS.
1) Good battery life (because of low-resolution 480p screen). I also had an experience with iPhone 5 for a week and it got below 20% after a day of use, while the Lumia 625 lasted with about 36%.
2) Can handle most apps without lag (FB, Baconit, OneNote, Engadget, etc.)
3) Can play most videos and looks good even on a 480p screen. But only selected file types are supported by this phone such as MP4's.
4) Clear audio when used for calling. Good sound with earphones (cheers to the in-built Dolby sound enhancer). The speaker is also very loud. I don't get past 10 on the volume meter, and its loudest volume is 30.
5) Decent average camera that can even record 1080p videos (Yeah, it's 1080p and looks good even when viewed on the phone).
6) Very good signal reception. On an area without LTE, I get 30-40 KB/s (yeah, it's KiloBytes, not kilobits) when my iPhone 5 was tethered to my laptop. But when I tethered my Lumia 625 during the same time slot and area with the same mobile network, I get 40-100 KB/s. I'd read in the manual that Lumia's antennae cover a large portion on the top and bottom regions of the phone.
The other pros can be attributed on the main UI and OS. The Messaging Hub is already integrated with FB chat, so FB chatting is just a few touches away. When you sync the People Hub with FB and Twitter, their updates can already be seen here.
To sum up, Lumia 625, with WP 8 Amber, is a very decent budget phone for social networking, average camera shooting and average gaming (I'd played Dhoom 3 and it works without problems).
I am looking for a phone between 15-20K. Is it worth going for a Nokia Lumia 625 or a Sony Xperia .
NikiDroid, 14 Nov 2013If you like games, better apps and more, file manager, go for Xperia L or Galaxy S III Mini.performance wise which one is better?
joy, 13 Nov 2013want to buy a midrange device.. l625 or xperia l? which one is better? If you like games, better apps and more, file manager, go for Xperia L or Galaxy S III Mini.
Nokia Lumia 625, 13 Nov 2013All videos movies are not supported in this phone, trying to play big movies files like DVD sc... morewant to buy a midrange device.. l625 or xperia l? which one is better?
I am fed up with Nokia 625 as it is giving many problems..
1. Over heating
2. Hang in between
3. Automatically increase the font size and then we are unable to enter password.
4. Inbuilt battery creates problem for shutdown forcefully.
Pls help what to do
Nokia Lumia 625, 13 Nov 2013All videos movies are not supported in this phone, trying to play big movies files like DVD sc... moreMx player and file manager sud be added in store for free...
must needed apps are absent or they are payable.... Its really painful...
All videos movies are not supported in this phone, trying to play big movies files like DVD scrn,but error is coming as video codec not supported.
Guys pls help as there is no Video player available in Store like MX player in Android which plays all videos.
There is no file manager also in this windows phone. Most of the movies are not seen in Nokia Music & Videos option.(already movies are there in SD card)
helpseeker, 07 Nov 2013Compass not working on my Lumia 625.....plz help...there is no compasss in this model ..u should go for 720 if u want that
guyzz plz help.!! really confused b/w lumia 720 and 625. price is same for both one hvng good camera(720) other havng good processor (1.2Ghz-620). If any body using these phones plz plz plz reply
first switch on the bluetooth option that is in setting after long press on pic/vid you get share option then click share option after you see the bluetooth............
lumia 625 need to add usb & bluetooth tethering. video sharing option also not found for copied files
best all time nokia company and nokia mobile brand
samsung is a gud mobile android
Now a days Android is vry common os,android only use 4 gaming. Windows is better 4 all purpose so go 4 windows friends
extremely user unfriendly , this phone need a hammer & give it what it deserve,nothing happens easily.
I recently bought this phone so that I can give the iPhone 5 that I have with contract for free to my sister. I figured out that I won't be doing much on my phone since I already have the Nexus 7 so I chose a phone which I can rely on text, call, navigation and minor browsing.
I can say that I wasn't disappointed with this device. My friends even said that this is a good phone. Still, the camera is average only and I am hoping to sell this by December so I can buy the Lumia 1020.
I've encountered a lot of problems with the software but I was also been able to solve them with a few browsing.
The things that I can say it has advantage over iPhone 5 are its battery life (due to its low resolution and hefty 2000 mAh for a WP), unique Live tiles and lockscreen, and less overheating issues. Else, the iPhone 5 beats it.
The Earphone available in Box in a Nokia Stereo Headset WH-108 which does not have a Call answer/End button means u cant manage ur call/Music/FM through the headset and have a buy a seperate accesory for it. Music Lovers and people who travel a lot beware
pratik Nimgade, 12 Nov 2013This is Incredible phone. Excellent performance 1080p. Video Run smoothly without any lag. ... moreWindows Phone most apps are paid, good games especially, the good games here usually need 1 GB RAM and Windows Phone system itself prevents users download outside. Android is still better.