Going through the mixed reviews & vibes regarding Nokia Lumia 625, has driven me to express my hands-on-experience regarding this phone. Before we go ahead with analyzing the functionalities of the phone, I would like to state the brief usage pattern of my phone: as it is mostly used for each and everything on earth, almost on a daily basis, except for Games (not that much of a gaming freak… :D ). So let’s get started:
1. Battery Back-up: 15 hours on talk-time on 3G network & around 10 hours if extensive use of Videos, Music and Apps are made.
2. OS: Came in with 8.0 Windows which was later upgraded to 8.1 via the developer option. No doubt the updated OS has made quite a lot of remarkable and necessary changes, which can now give a tough challenge to the Androids now. The variations in the UI and making the accessibility to the phone are much simpler which is definitely a welcome change. Though there are a few hiccups – for eg.
a) I can’t customize my ringtone as the option “Custom” under: SettingsSystemRingtones+SoundsRingtone is missing. Tried re-starting the phone, placing the songs under Ringtones folder, etc. but to no respite.
b) Unable to download the songs from Nokia Mix Radio, as it states that the songs are unavailable for download (which was earlier available)
c) In Watsapp if I keep on scrolling to check out some old messages, after 4-5 scrolls, the app just closes and moves out (This issue is on since inception and not post the update)
d) The duration of the content copied on clipboard is relatively very less as compared to Android (Hardly for few minutes)
e) Unable to customize my Alarm tone (Have to compulsorily select from the ones pre-defined by the manufacturer… No option to customize present)
These are just a few issues which though not very much of an issue to blow out of proportion, but still can irritate the end user to a great extent.
3. Gets heated up if on call for say around 20 minutes or more.
4. Have been using this phone for more than 6 months, but never ever faced the issue of phone hanging up. Works smoothly.
5. Audio quality is very good…. Has a maximum sound up to 30 levels, though an end-user would be quite satisfied at say level 18-20 for an average use though the loud-speaker quality on calls or otherwise is not great… an average rating of 3/5.
6. Earlier the videos were clubbed under Music + Videos section, and multiple deletions of videos were not possible. Individually had to select a video and delete it. Now post the update, multiple deletion of videos is possible (quite a hassle it was; now sorted  )
7. Tiles on the home-screen – Post the update, the size and the number of the tiles on the screen can be customized.
8. Background Photo – You can now customize and place your favourite photo from the album as a home-screen background photo (which is transparent and acts as a water mark image against your tiles present)
9. Best of the entire update feature: is the availability of notification bar and easy access to your customized apps under quick action center. (say Rotate Screen, WiFi tab, Bluetooth tab, Flight Tab, etc. can be placed at the top of notification page which is available just a downward drag from the top of home-screen)
Is a good buy definitely (after which phone is hassle free till date??? )
hello please help ...how and were do i upgrade windows 8.1 version from? please help . thank you
It's really annoying me. The spec said it's Corning Gorilla Glass 2 for this model, yet my screen has few little scratches just because I put it in my pocket. Can I do something over it?
The ringer volumeis too low.how to increase the volume on viber ringing
how can i upgrade my l625 to W 8.1.PLZ help me...plz mention d steps..im now using WP BLACK.PLZ help me...
Manoj, 25 Apr 2014Hi I m using nokia lumia 625 for more than 6 months,the battery works fine,but the camera clar... moreI want to buy new lumia 625.I choose some more device as galaxy quattro,xperia-L.Iwant to know which device is better.
Regeret, 24 Apr 2014I had this device for a week now and I must say that I absolutely love it.
Everything about i... moreHow did you updated Lumia 625 to Windows 8.1? Is it a developer version? Will Nokia release a on air update for Windows 8.1? Could you pass me the instructions to upgrade Lumia 625 to Windows 8.1?
Appreciate your help!
Plz tell me about the display clarity under sunlight and playing video :-)
safi, 25 Apr 2014I need help my Nokia Lumia 625 shows every image double or triple n I don't wht to do with it?Evn i face the same problem.... Photos are double or triple..n wen i delete all keeping one everything gets deleted....n really disappointed with Lumia 625..i i wud rather went for Android OS.. Dan windows....cant send photos or videos frm Bluetooth....cant view files frm memory card...
AnonD-257702, 25 Apr 2014How to remove simcard in this mobile. iam unable to remove it... plz help me out. u can remove like THIS.... with finger....
iam using 625 but i am facing lot of problem to this
i cant download operamini,google chrome ,
and facing problem in internet explorer
please reply for this issue
Is windows phone 8.1 available for Lumia 625 in India!!
If not when will it be released!! Please respond!!
Thanks in advance!!
su, 27 Nov 2013nokia lumia 625 is good mobile? pls tell meYes, i am a user of Lumia 625..this phone's performance is really good..if you like Windows phone..you can go for this phone.
Still i didn't get the black update for my lumia 625 since the update is available in my country. When i update the phone it says that it is up to date. I need help.
i am using this phone from last 3 months but still i haven't received Black update :( ?
Hi I m using nokia lumia 625 for more than 6 months,the battery works fine,but the camera clarity is not good,PPI is very low it can be easily seen with naked eyes.Sometimes the phone wil restart and asks for update then head phone song clarity is superb but loud speaker is below average. Sometimes it does not shows memory card. Over all it is not a well equipped package as 720 does. 625 don't have clear black,so very average screen resolution and quality.Sometimes the proximity sensor will fail to work especially when the phone get heated due to heavy usage. Have to restart the phone to make it work. It gets heated even on 30 mins gaming. Front camera performs better on day light but on night it is useless. Night time photos with flash is average. Touch sensitivity is awesome. Does not hang much but comes out of applications like WhatsApp sometimes wen 5-6 photos together is uploaded. Video quality is good.Built quality is good and feels good at hands. Curved edges are very good and the main drawbacks are camera,heating,screen,resolution. 4G is a very good option but cant be utilized in India currently. You cant move pdf files to computer. Other than these the phone is better but not best in this price.
How to remove simcard in this mobile. iam unable to remove it...
plz help me out.