Can anybody suggest what are the special feature dedicated for business purpose in Lumia series .i wanna to buy this phone
ngwenya, 05 Sep 2014Why is`t not coming with earphones customers are complaining.Nokia Lumia series is for business purpose not for entertainment. so earphones are not given by Nokia. if you by phone for entertainment in Nokia go for X series best XL or X2.
Everything on this phone is okay.. Looks, designs, processors aand yeah a lil too small ram 512.. But it doesn't lag.. I hate that with this price range it comes with only one Sensors, Accelerometer ..cant even set auto brightness, no flash, and no delicate camera button like Lumia 520.. These options could have been there.. But a good phone to use... Liked it anyway...
Lumia 630 – a step backwards.
Previously I used Lumia 620. I was quite satisfied with it, so when it broke I decided to go for a new Lumia 630, thinking that it’s a modernised version of the earlier 620 model. What a mistake that was. What you get in new 630 is a new version of Windows Phone OS. It brings some new features with it, but the changes are not revolutionary. As far as I know, the update will also be available for older Lumia models. Apart from that you get a 4-core processor instead of 2-core one present in Lumia 620. Amount of RAM remains the same: 512 megabytes which were not enough approx. 1,5 year ago when I bought 620, and are even more insufficient now. The phone works slightly faster than the 620 model and that’s fine when it comes to OS. I still have to further test the phone using various apps. Lumia 630 is also a little bigger than a 620 and has a bigger screen. The price of the phone dropped in comparison to Lumia 620 by approx. 20% (please note: I compare retail prices in my country).
That’s all you get for your money – not much, especially when you see what was taken away from the 630:
- Dedicated camera button, which (in Lumia 620) enabled you to start camera quickly even when the phone was blocked. In 630 you have to unlock the start screen (it takes a while if you use a start screen code)…, find the camera application…, start it and then you can make a picture… Oh, wait! The thing that you wanted to make photo of, is long gone by now.
- LED flash: Now the “not-so-good-because-this-suppose-to-be-a-medium-level-device” camera is useless indoors, at night, and anywhere where there’s no bright sunlight. Anyone ever used the LED as a flashlight in emergency situations? I bet you did. Well… forget about that too. I guess someone at “Micro-Nokia” though that “HERE Maps” and “HERE Drive” navigation apps are so good, they can navigate you through your home in case of the blackout. Guess what: THEY AREN’T!
- No forward-facing camera. Pretty self-explanatory – right? Why did it have to go?
- Audio equalizer: gone… Have a nice, FLAT, audio experience.
- Dolby Stereo: gone… (ok – I didn’t use that one a lot, but still it had been taken away for no apparent reason ;-) )
- Build quality: Lumia 620 was available in many more colours. I personally had the blue one, which seemed like it was made of 2 layers: internal white one and an external transparent/blue one – the effect: the phone had a nice “glowing” look. The external layer was smooth, nice to touch and gave the phone a bit more “premium quality” feel. In 630 I’ve got the case made from material, which looks suspiciously similar to the one used in my cheap IKEA trash bin (Dear moderator, please do not remove my review due to this comment – it wasn’t my goal to advertise furniture companies ;-) ) . I suspect that it won’t last long and maybe that is the reason why I received a 2nd case with my phone…
That leads us to the next point:
- The contents of the box:
a 2nd case…,
and a charger…
No USB cable (why the charger provided for Lumia 630 does not have a removable USB cable (like the one provided with Lumia 620 had) remains a mystery to me).
I would gladly swap the additional phone case for any of the missing (essential) accessories.
SUMMARY: If you need some useful (quite basic and common nowadays) hardware gadgets that increase functionality, and you want a Lumia phone, you have to pay extra and buy yourself a mid-high or a high-end level Lumia device. I won’t comment on such marketing strategies – I’m sure you don’t like them either. Besides, I would take for granted that features of the predecessor will remain, or would be enhanced in the newer model of the same series, instead of being removed.
Lack of headphones and USB cable in the retail set is simply outrageous. The lower price (approx. 20%) does not justify all the features removed from the phone and all of the accessories that were removed from the box. Basically Lumia 630 became a more expensive, slightly bigger Lumia 530 (an entry level smartphone!) with a slightly better processor.
Ignore Lumia 630 – it’s not worth its price. Go for a much more expensive Lumia model like a 930 (if you’re desperate to buy a Lumia) or look elsewhere for a Windows OS operating phone.
haii i am confused in buying nokia 630 or nokia x2 so which phone is better
512 mb is more than enough for Windows Phone I'm having this phone its even better than top notch Android I've installed more than 10 GB of apps on it...if you try the same in android, Android will die
In my country Jamaica, the 630 is cheaper than the 525.The 630 is like $23,000, while the 525 is $37,000.I'm a bit surprised, because the 1gb ram is the only thing that the 525 seems to have over the 630(512 mb ram).
The 630 has quad core compared to dual core in 525
camera is about the same.
The 630 can accommodate 128 gb sd card, compared to 64 gb in the 525.
The 630 has windows phone 8.1 os, while 525 has 8.0 which can be ungraded to 8.1.
So i would like to buy the 630,but both of them lacks secondary video.I'm waiting on the 735 or 830, but i'm afraid that their price will be out of my reach.
Milo, 05 Sep 2014Everything works just fine in this device bro..I'm really happy using it..if you can add more ... moremilo sir
one more question
** RAM or PROCESSOR (to increase speed)
suppose quadcore processor & 512 RAM
dualcore processor & 1 GM RAM
then how to choose
we have to see Processor or RAM
Bought this for my son, he had an android phone before, he was not interested in the android phone, and it drained battery very fast.
But this Lumia 630, he straight away started using actively and seem to like the phone.
As for the headphone, I can understand why they left it out.
Most people have x-number of headphones from before, some last longer some don't.
Many users like to use the headphone of their own choice, so not so much point
paying extra for something that might just sit in the drawer.
nilesh m, 04 Sep 2014hi milo i am going to purchase lumia 630, as you say very good phone, previously i used xperi... moreEverything works just fine in this device bro..I'm really happy using it..if you can add more cash for the 730 ..if not get the Lumia 630..it will not disappoint you
Aby, 04 Sep 2014Hello, i am planning to buy Lumia 630 in couple of days, but still not sure whether to buy Lu... moreI would say Lumia 630 compared to 525..i have used both devices..lumia 630 is good..only advantage in 525 is the 1gb ram which is good for gaming..other than that Lumia 630 is worth the price
AnonD-302639, 05 Sep 2014Heard that 630 has calling issues and how about its SAR value is that safe??... i'm looking fr... moreI'm using this phone and I don't have any issues with it..everything works smooth and fine..but as the Lumia 730 is launch..you can go for it
Heard that 630 has calling issues and how about its SAR value is that safe??... i'm looking frwd to buy this.. give me some details about those issues brothers... thanks inadvance..:)
i want to try lumia 630. is it a nice phone? but my only concern is the 512 RAM of this phone. does it affects the phone's performance?