Total waste. This must be flop phone from lumia. Dont go to 630. Better u can move to android (no fast lane please). Better move to samsung htc etc....
Kshitij Sharma, 17 Jun 2014Those who are having call audio problem.. Go to settings-> call+filter
and turn it off...i... moreIf it is one time ok but if it again happens again we have to do the same procedure is it is necessary for us to reset for every time
ROCKY, 18 Jun 2014Go only for nokia lumia 630 because i already nokia xl user some application does'nt work slow... moreHello boss I too bought Nokia Lumia 630 after,it worked well but after 3 days while I was calling i was not able to receive the voice of other erson and other person is also not able receive my voice it is a very big problem how a such a smart phone can do all the processing but it cannot perform the basic purpose our daily calling so I think we should not buy this phone
The worst phone at its price because the phone does not able to tag to pic via data cable. When it compare to Samsung gt 7582 which is below 10k the phone does not having flash , front camera etc. My money about 11 k is waste. I wont prefer anybody to buy this phone. Be carefull friends.
Bought this product from a local retailer for Rs.10,600...Sold it within 3 days at a loss of Rs.600....Following are the pros and cons (cons weighed much heavier for me)
# Excellent looks and built quality (looked like iphone 5C from front)
# Perfect size (I was using Samsung Grand before this)
# Very fast...No lag
# Noticed the earpiece literally starts boiling just 2 minutes into a call...thought this to be my misunderstanding at 1st, but after repeated calls, I found it to be very true and extremely disturbing!!!...you can barely touch the phone to your ear after 4 minutes into a call....spoke to Nokia about it ad they said since it has a Snapdragon Processor, it gets heated up...Seriously!!?? what world are these guys living in??...can't you expect a phone to do its basic purpose? i.e. to make a phone call !!
# I have been using identical wifi settings at 3 different locations on my Samsung seamlessly for the last 1.5 years, but on this device, whenever I moved from one location to another, it asked me to delete the previous wifi settings and reload new settings...which was a real pain...since I had to do this 4-5 times a day!!!
# Message that I received on loading Whatsapp: "Whatsapp doesn't support your device's version of Windows Phone. Some features won't work properly"....Seriously?? are you guys at Microsoft kidding me??!!!....Indeed it didn't work as anticipated....It only worked when connected to wifi (and yes, i did check the settings and I am very well versed in settings parameters)....Not to mention that Whatsapp overall look was very lame and unlively......The photos that took nano seconds to forward in other phones, took several minutes to fwd and don't even talk about downloading or forwarding videos!!! (all this experience, even when using Airtel 4 MBPS Broadband connection)
This proved to be a final nail in the coffin, as Whatsapp is a integral part of my daily routine...be it business or otherwise.
# I am not even going to touch the topics on how it worked with Twitter, etc.
This is my honest and straightforward review in order to help others make an informed decision.
I bought this phone after being fed-up of the hanging problems faced in Andriod devices...and also after reading many reviews on various websites...but i never expected the problems to be so grave!!
Clearly, Microsoft has many more lessons to be learned...
As for reliability, I would state...go for an iphone...if you can afford the price tag
Jyatirmay basumatary, 16 Jun 2014 I am going to buy new nokia phone but i have a confusion between nokia xl n lumia 630. Which... moreGo only for nokia lumia 630 because i already nokia xl user some application does'nt work slow processing i already sell nokia xl pho and i buy nokia lumia 630. pls go only for nokia lumia 630. nokia lumia is good phone.
Does it contain proximity and ambient light sensor, magnetometer and other sensors like lumia 620?
Bought Nokia 630 dual SIM a week ago and I am really glad I did! This is an outstanding phone. I think both Nokia and Microsoft are making a great mistake for not advertising it better (more). GSM Arena did it justice but forgot to mention that this phone maybe the best value in the smartphone market(!)
- excellent keyboard (possibly the best on any phone)
- full MS Office functionality (on the phone! Open, edit, safe your documents)
- probably the best map application (HERE Maps) with multi country maps and offline capability
- outstanding design (gorilla 3 glass + a pleasant to touch plastic wrap that is very easy to replace)
- outstanding price (! I payed $150 with a 1 year warranty - this is 1/4 of a price of what I would pay for Apple, Samsung or LG phone)
- great screen with good visibility in sunlight
- very good battery life ( I am using this phone a lot of hours and still constantly finishing the day with 30-40% battery available. This is certainly twice the hours I used to get from my iPhone and a third more I had with Note 3)
- very competent still camera with excellent photo editing software
- MicroSD expansion up to 128 GB
- great (phone conversation) sound
- replaceable battery
- 2 SIM slots
- WP 8.1 is a mature, advanced OS. Many (unique and free) apps: outstanding maps with (lifetime free) voice guided navigation, MixRadio music streaming, great calendar & phonebook, DataSense app that tracks the data plan usage, Health & Fitness tracking app, excellent browser (Internet Explorer 11) with re-flow and a great "read mode", excellent news app, Nokia Creative Studio & Nokia Panorama image apps, (free 10GB) One Drive cloud space, great Transfer My Data (from another phone) app(!), MS Wallet, etc. WP 8.1 surprised me in how easy it is to customize and how stable and fast it is. I used iOS, Android, Symbian and BlackBerry OSes' and while not as flexible as Android, WP 8.1 is by far easier to customize then all others. It is almost as "open" as Symbian (more then anyone else) and for the first time I can see why MS chose tiles for its design motive - this is far better then making desktop with a photo background and a bunch of app icons. Better in how it looks and better in how much information you can get at a glance. Way to go Microsoft!
The CONs (are minor inconveniences):
- no flash
- no front facing camera
- no headphones come with the phone (only a charger)
I highly recommend this phone...
Nokia has only company that make only phone no other device. price is good than other company on that specification. after selling to microsoft phone name remain Nokia. good phone no big issue create to nokia lumia 630
Jyatirmay basumatary, 16 Jun 2014 I am going to buy new nokia phone but i have a confusion between nokia xl n lumia 630. Which... morebuy nokia lumia 630... it has 512mb ram but work as fast as 1gb ram in win8 series. i also wait for this nd after getting it work fine. no hanging issue. large screen.. fast quad core processor.
Jyatirmay basumatary, 16 Jun 2014 I am going to buy new nokia phone but i have a confusion between nokia xl n lumia 630. Which... moreofcourse nokia lumia 630... XL has front camera nd flash bt some aplication dosnt work. also speed is good due to quad core process..
Safeer0346, 15 Jun 2014i also got the same problem with my nokia lumia 630 dual sim in the first starting week i had ... moreThose who are having call audio problem.. Go to settings-> call+filter
and turn it off...it helped me :-)
I am going to buy new nokia phone but i have a confusion between nokia xl n lumia 630. Which headset is best n cool among that two phones ? Plz, plz,plz.... If Someone has idea of it , plz clear my confusion.
This 📱 phone is awesome in its kind. The best thing is OS Windows 8.1 and keyboard with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The only thing I hate is this phone gets heated.
i bought this model last week, and tried to sharing internet to laptop, but it does not work, any one here could help
LAW321, 15 Jun 2014for nearly a year i was waiting anxiously for windows phone to release their dual sim phones. ... moreThe FCC requires that cell phone manufacturers conduct their SAR testing to include the most severe, worst-case (and highest power) operating conditions for all the frequency bands used in the USA for that cell phone. The SAR values recorded on the FCC’s authorization and in the cell phone manual to demonstrate compliance with Commission rules indicate only the highest single measurement taken for each frequency range that the particular model uses. FCC approval means that the device will never exceed the maximum levels of consumer RF exposure permitted by federal guidelines, but it does not indicate the amount of RF exposure consumers experience during normal use of the device. While only the maximum SAR values are used for FCC approval, all test reports submitted by the manufacturer are available in full for public inspection on the Commission’s website.