After using this smartphone for one month i must say nokia has created a beauty.
i was previously using an android phone and i moved from android to Windows OS and my decision was correct. No hang no lags i m completely sorted out.
Nokia rocked it again...... Samsung should learn something from nokia pricy smartphones with less features
At the same price of lumia 720 u can buy samsung galaxy grand with 5" screen, dual sim card supoort, 8 MP superb camera, 1080p full hd video support, android 4.2.2 os and much more.... grand is far better that lumia 720....
moliplayer got updated.
its awesome now.
worth spending every single penny on this software
rhlravi, 04 Dec 2013i own a lumia 720 since last 20 days. till this it faced hanging problem twice? i have an opt... moreHi,
Better go for the replacement. As a user of the same phone even i had to admit that hanging probs occur too often. If possible netter switch out of Windows platform itself. Given below are the problems of OS
1) Single volume control for entire mobile(u reduce the volume when u play the game and after the game u ll not notice any calls. Sounds weird?? Yes because when u reduce volume even ringer volume will be reduced.
2) Volume can be increased or decreased only thru the button at right side. I am so unlucky that side button doesnt work for lowering the volume so whether its ringer or games or music i got to hear oly with full volume. Is it too much to ask windows to provide volume adjustments thru software.
3) 3rd nonsense is the sim slot. Once u insert the sim and close it its completely locked. U need to carry small minute pin which nokia gives always with u. With that pin only u ll be able to eject the sim. If u lose that pin u r struck up with single sim always.(Carrying stylus always with Note makes sense but carrying this useless pin everywhere just tests ur patience level)
4) I am a regular Nokia user and never have noticed this weird camera problem before. The problem is bright light photography is a utter nonsense and in the middle of photo u ll c a bright patch of light. Its debated that when u change the camera setting manually before taking bright light photo it comes out well. So pray to god that ur precious moment is frozen till u open camera settings, adjust it to bright light and then u focus and click.
5) No desktop or live wallpaper support => Accepted(Doesnt make any functional difference but still a sacrifice being made for nokia)
6) No file manager => I accepted even this thinking that only impact would be i will not be able to see file manager details, move files here n forth nor create a new file, or will not be able to rename a existing file nor group all applications into one(for eg: all browser apps into folder "Browser"). But there is still more to it
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD ANY FILE FROM ANY WEBSITES.
Yes...... When u click on download link ur browsers(all windows browsers includes default IE, mini browser,touch browser) just hangs.
But UC browsers latest upgrade does allow this download but it depends on mood of UC browsers as it just hangs most of the time.
7) Video clarity of this model is average
Ok enough of cons lets come to pros
1) Slim and sleek unibody design(This is what nokia advertises and its true). Amazing design with weight being evenly distributed.
Note: I dropped my mobile recently and there is a clear scratch visible on the side body of the phone which looks ugly. But mind it is a unibody design and hence i cant change that separately and have to carry on with it always. Dont be upset that even pros comes with cons
2) Excellent battery life. (No cons at all.. Absolutely amazing. Even with 2-3 hrs of 3g browsing, 3 - 4 hrs of music and bit of gaming(less than a hr perhaps) the battery lasts a day. To be frank this is the only point i still hold this phone.
To conclude for the market price Nokia had offered everythink it could, right from the battery, slim design, gorilla glass, decent loud speakers etc but microsoft just ditches all the above features offered by Nokia.
Windows lovers do argue that windows runs with less hardware requirements(for eg: 1GB ram, dual core and not quad core processors, less space for APPS etc). But when android phone maker gives me 2GB RAM or more, Quad core processors, more internal storage etc for the same cost i pay for windows mobile why the hell do i have to worry about the hardware requirements
i own a lumia 720 since last 20 days. till this it faced hanging problem twice? i have an option to replace this phone through flipkart and go for another phone?. Should i replace it? reply me at the earliest please.
Great phone (y) the best feature is da camera..good battery life and no lags :) worth buying it (y)
My Nokia Lumia has given me the worst luck of all times,
The phone storage used up very rapidly eventhough I have set the photo and videos to be stored in SD card.
the system showed there is 3 GB in 'others' and I could not do anything about it. My phone storage now is 0
The vendor suggested to reset to factory setting and after 24 hours it's still resetting and no sign of recovering.
I am so sad with this, the phone is only 4 months old.
Is the battery on this phone replaceable? Because judging from the reviews there ain't no way to access the battery.
Nik Goyal, 03 Dec 2013I had bought This awesome phone last wk, phone is really awesome, the best thing is its pictur... moreIs there any problem occured about any downloadable vid.or movies......plz rply
I Have download a video using youtube hd app in lumia 720 the video is using phone memory and when i connect my phone to laptop i am not able to see the video,
can any one help me in this where it exactly got downloaded.
I had bought This awesome phone last wk, phone is really awesome, the best thing is its picture quality. a lot of application are missing, but still its the best from any of the andro phones :-)
lihin, 03 Dec 2013i'm still in progress to know about lumia 720, anyone who are already used it, can you guys sh... moreinternet surfing is good,one of the best camera and battery back up among this price range,awsome touch and user experience,look so amazing runs smooth without lag.All in all its an awsome phone to have(with OS limitations Of course)
Good News to all the Windows Phone users file manager is coming to all windows phone users in wp8.1 update its great news now no one can stop Nokia again becoming No.1 in the world thanks Microsoft
jeet, 02 Dec 2013lumia 720 is awesome. it works very nicely. i'm still in progress to know about lumia 720, anyone who are already used it, can you guys share with me, what the advantages can we get from lumia 720. how about the internet serving and camera?
Why its come error and why phone making start hot during operating its one of the major concern of the phone