Bought this phone 3 days back.
First of all, IT LOOKS STUNNING.
awesome design and very slim.
OS works really smooth.
i was worried about the display but its good.
Camera works gr8 under low light.
I just don't like the IE....its very clumsy to use.
Far better than any android falling in this price range.
Is there any drawback bcoz fne is having ram of 512 MB.
Will it be smooth to operate in comparison to lumia 820 who is having 1gb ram.
I am using lumia 720. i can't share videos.what could i do?managing media files is not good with this phone. i need a p.c if i have to use it well. a lot of frustrations with this one. pls nokia don't make this type phones. windows phone 8 not good for u people.u have to give a lot of improvements.so friends think before buying this.
I got my lumia on monday(gaurav sharma-gtronix).
placed my order on 4th april, cyan colour.
shipped on 25th april.
Packing was excellent, bill with seal was inside.
Im from cochin, collected it from DTDC office!!
Lumia 720 is worth the wait. gives excellent photos, didnt get much time to discover more. I was a little unsure about cyan.. (opted for red first, then changed to cyan)but cyan is too beautiful..
Though Windows OS was a concern for me, i have bougth this phone only because of Nokia hardware. I have used the phone for a week, want to share my view
1. Good looking, Solid, premium feel, matte finish and very thin. Is better than 920 in look and feel
2. Excellent battery back up. With GPS and data connection always on, around 2 hours of gamming, 30 mins of music,10- 15 mins calls, few mess and photos, 30-40 mins of apps download,some file transfer though blue tooth and some background apps were running, it easily lasted a day around with 30% of battery remaining.
No need to carry the charger, when we are going out
3. Though it has only 480 x 800 pixels, it is not affected me in any way, display is very Good, Viewing angles are great and text are clearly visible even in bright sunlight. Even keys works on display.
4. Installed 72 apps, OS is smooth, do not find any lags while using the application, though loading some app takes around 10 sec.
In android if we would have installed 72 apps in a 512 mb phone, it would have made our phone vey slow.
(I have used an android phone before this)
5. Satisfied with camera quality, low light images are very good.
6. Audio quality is good
7. Handle large video files with out any lag or freeze
8. Off line navigation. Nokia Maps, Music and drive are added advantage
1. some games are not available due to 512m ram, some apps also takes time to load
2. phone gets heated up on long time charging (around 2 hours), Once i disconnect it comes to normal
3. App Limitation in windows. was expecting below apps/features
a. Call and sms blocker
b. Good music player
c. Call recorder
d. citi bank mobile app
e. file manager
f. FM radio driver
g. App locker
h. some additional sizes should be supported for live tiles
4. Not able to share video files.
5. managing files, songs and videos are difficult, each time i need to connect to PC to organise them. (File manager will be very useful)
6. some video file formats are not supported by default video player
7. Search button on phone goes to BING , I never liked bing search provider, Is there any way to change it to Google
8. In some point of time 8 GB will not be sufficient for OS,apps,mails and contacts. Is there any way to install apps in SD card. (I have only 1 GB left out of 8 GB with in a week).
9.storage check is not giving the spaces used by (media files and apps) , it is always processing and i am not getting the result (Though initially it worked). Any suggestion ?
and even though i turned on "use find my phone" , it is displayed as OFF in setting
was above due to software bug ?
My phone restarted once in one week usage
OVER ALL I AM VERY MUCH SATISFIED IN BUYING THIS PHONE AND ENJOYING IT
rate it if it is useful to you
atul292, 30 Apr 2013As I wrote previously as well, the real 'star' in 720 is the battery. I removed the phone from... morewhat are the activity you done with your phone in that time (or) you just kept it idle. What about GPS,data connection,WI FI,bluetooth status and was there any background process running ?
Awesome phone. Bought this coz of my work restriction of screen size 4.3 n below.
Pros. Awesomely fast. Fast reaction
Cons. Multitouch sometimes gives problem. And flashlight sucksss wen takin pics at night
Top class phone I am not playing games so I am not bother by low ram all the most important apps are there for free this is the only phone I ever had that can play YouTube videos without interruptions for downloading !its truly amazing ! The battery life is very good ! The processor speed can match night end phone truly top midrange cp.
i purchased dis phone a week ago and i cant tell u its 10 times better than what i was expecting seriously bt when i use net it shows the notification that the bettery is draining so quickly eg, 6% in 20 mnts and though it has 2000 mhz battery bt i dnt knw why it gives only 10-12 hours backup with normal usage 25-30 mnts calling, 1-2 hours 2g net.... does anyone facing the same problem ?????
plz give any suggestions....
takeshi yuri, 29 Apr 2013i think there a problem with my lumia 720... as i read in the review battery is very good.. BU... moreSwitch off location services, 3G, wifi, bluetooth, put brightness to low, use back button to kill all running after apps after use
U will get at least 2.5 days on low intensity use 1
As I wrote previously as well, the real 'star' in 720 is the battery. I removed the phone from charging at 10 am on 30th April, and it's almost 2 am on 1st May, and my phone is showing 75% left !
Not to forget, it's a breathtakingly beautiful device !!
the 820 is only slighlty better in camera, has LTE and AMOLED screen, but a way way inferior battery. Take your pick !
undertaker, 30 Apr 2013dude , m not talking about zooming. I know how to zoom. I am talking of resolution eg: 360*640... morethe front facing camera is very bad they said it can do hd recording bt it shows bluish colors sometimes and real colors sometimes are you facing the prob ?
i bought a lumia 720 recently but its front cam is showing diff colors it shows the real colors and suddnly becomes bluish.. is it the same with everyone ?? plz help me
Microsoft have launched new facebook beta app. Download it here http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/store/app/facebook-beta/93da5d29-daf0-4783-9ed5-a87b33247ec6
VINCENT, 30 Apr 2013Hello Guys. Is there any one who is using or have used Lumia 720? coz yesterday i bought a ... moreDon't worry. I bought 920 on march 9. N even I got the same problem near back button. It's just a light. It doesn't mean that it's broken.
hey lumia 720 owners .......some1 pls tell me....
''Here Transit'' app is available for Lumia 720 or not ........i know Here maps and Here drive is available but not sure about Here Transit .....so pls tell me.....thnx
Is there any one who is using or have used Lumia 720? coz yesterday i bought a new Lumia 720 and im facing some display problem in it. it got 4 very minute white dots in the left side of the screen, which is only visible if ya make the background screen black and look sharply on the screen.
Ya will see 4 very mine white coloured Dots on the screen. i think its a dead pixel. now whta to do? its not visible when Ya doing something with light background or in normal use..