AnonD-232314, 07 Apr 2014r u sure coz on their sites they all tell that people have wp 8 phones will get update on 14 april on 14 april will be released developer preview update but it will not include cyan and u have to wait till nokia can release to general consumers.
(wp8.1 + Cyan)
Rahul, 06 Apr 2014There is no official date yet. But it may be near about July.r u sure coz on their sites they all tell that people have wp 8 phones will get update on 14 april
AnonD-219650, 04 Apr 2014i am using lumia 720 past 5 months. but 15 days ago someones contact number fix in my mobile v... moreBest mobile in its range. Evn though 630 anouncd stil 720 bter. Max peopl don't knw how to use windows phon datz y ther phon get hang. U tel me 17k which phon hv so mny features . Don't buy windows phon only fr game make it oficial use. Fr gamers go to android
Please never ever choose any Windows phone. I bought Lumia 720 depending upon some rougue's review around 6 months ago. As per the technical specifications its hardware is believed to be good. Ultimately it is the Windows 8 OS that made this phone useless. Believe me it is a great betrayal by Nokia and Microsoft.
Window OS is a great 'click' across the globe; This mindset of mine bluffed me.
For a good start, I put good features of Limia 720 first.
One and only good and best feature is 'Location' and 'Nokia maps'. It is very quick in locating you on the map. But as usual Nokia maps are not much informative. And in comparision with Google maps it is nothing.
Let me put its drawbacks now....this count is never ending...
1) you cannot search any text or word in 'messages'
2) right side button/touch i.e. for 'search' is good for nothing; this takes you to 'bing' screen...where you find nothing you look for. Rather it shoud have been a search option for your current screen. Microsoft should not show its monopoly at least in those areas where it is very poor (like web searching).
3) Apps are not developer friendly... that is the reason none of the Window's app is good in comparison its Android equivalent apps. (Simple example: 'CAM Scanner' is hit in Android phone; and UGLY in Window's phone); It is a open challange you can take any of the application and compare...
4) No file manager application is available (at least like standard 'My files' in Android); Ironically Windows for desktops and laptops is best for managing files and folders.
5) One cannot open word file using 'Office'. Its own format is fully deviated and you can never fit to its original page. Same is all other office applications like excel, power point etc. Ironically, Windows office is the World's best office suite for desktops and laptops.
6) Old VGA camara application is far better than Windows app with more fine controls.
7) Very poor UI design whereas MS Windows (for desktops and laptops) is so popular because of its UI. In each screen you expect something to do but you won't see such option.
8) No useful applications are built in the open market and not even by Nokia/Microsoft.
9) Listing out Apps in one single column looks very ugly when you have more and more apps.
10) So called and well said 'Tile design' is good for nothing. The information displayed over is not much useful as it was hiped.
11) ULTIMATELY I BOUGHT A 'BASIC' MODEL PHONE at a very huge price 18,000 INR thinking of a smart phone; It is just becausse some rougue wrote some wrong and misleading feedback.
12) I would be the most happiest person if Microsolf would able to convert my existing Windows OS to Android OS which they lauched recently for Nokia X.
Please be careful while you think of buying a Windows phone.
aditya, 05 Apr 2014is it good for gaming..!Few games like Temple Run 2 are not available for 512 MB RAM. But almost all games work fine. Now Subway Surfers is also available for 512 MB RAM.
Nitin, 05 Apr 2014Does anyone know the official date for release of windows 8.1 and nokia blue update for L720,,,,??There is no official date yet. But it may be near about July.
I wanna buy this phone. Can anybody tell me the downsides of this phone and does the camera good? Help me please
Does anyone know the official date for release of windows 8.1 and nokia blue update for L720,,,,??
L720 user, 05 Apr 2014Cyan update has some camera UI changes, so it can improve the image quality Camera UI can't do anything with camera performance, Nokia needs to renew camera algorithms(camera's own image processing software).
AnonD-230932, 04 Apr 2014now i am missing that camera performance !! it was the greatest camera ever in mid range categ... moreCyan update has some camera UI changes, so it can improve the image quality
L720 user, 04 Apr 2014Same thing with me also, i don't know the real camera performance before amber because i broug... morenow i am missing that camera performance !! it was the greatest camera ever in mid range category !! Nokia screwed it completely and now i don't take pics anymore..
AnonD-250721, 04 Apr 2014hmmm.....i am also waiting for this wp8.1....i think its scheduled to release on 8th april....... moreno man that is not full, update full updates include(wp8.1+nokia cyan update) and that date u mentioned is wrong it will released for OEM's and 14 april will be released developer preview update but it will not include cyan and u have to wait till nokia can release to general consumers.
AnonD-230932, 04 Apr 2014Hi, yes, before amber update, Lumia 720 camera was great and it was even great in low light. I... moreSame thing with me also, i don't know the real camera performance before amber because i brought with amber installed
svdm, 04 Apr 2014hi frnds, help me hw can i update windows apps of my lumia 720 through my desktop pc internet&... moreI think,its not possible to update ur phone apps by pc.
but u can share ur pc internet via WiFi router and then connect ur phone via WiFi and update ur apps.