i been using 730 for one month, based on others review i like to add few points which Android user to know the differences
1) OS - If you are an Android user and if you look from that perspective then you people may feel that windows OS is worst, but the fact is not the same, comparatively the functions of the WP os is smooth, light and faster than the Android OS.
2) Applications: there are plenty of applications are available in the windows store
Particularly, most of them saying about Google maps but, my experience with HEREMAP in WP is awesome. Friends you will get offline navigation without Internet(i.e.GPS). think is that possible in Android OS with Google maps?
3)there are other features that makes WP as a unique device from others
such as MS Office; MSN Health & Fitness (uses Sensor Core);Cortana (definitely better than the "OK GOOGLE" or GOOGLE NOW");
4)there are many feature that been in-build (i.e. embedded in OS itself) no need to search for third part software like in ANDROID OS.
5) Music - though Lumia 730 lacks Dolby sound enhancement but, it not failed in delivering a decent audio (previously i have used HTC with beats audio) compare to that the MP3 sound in Lumia 730 is far better).
AnonD-235761, 02 Dec 2014Nice answer brother, i would like to add some things.
- Smart dialling feature is present in ... moreyou are absolutely right on this.. W10 for phones going to be huge hit for wp devices.
this guy just comparing mostly 3yr old wp os with 7 & almost 10yrs old android n iosin features. microsoft catches android almost 90% in only 3yrs of development remaining things are coming with w10 next yr... so if you consider ms is way ahead in development progress n catching very soon to android in coming yrs...
AnonD-100814, 02 Dec 20141- Dude its famous WP metro UI... its not ugly.. if you feel its ugly then its ur personal opi... moreNice answer brother, i would like to add some things.
- Smart dialling feature is present in windows store from much time, its called 'truedialer'. It is an awesome app for smartdialling.
- With windows 10, all the systems of pc, tablet & smartphones would be unified. So phone to pc integration would be at its best beating other OS's. & by this unification of system, developers will not have to make different apps for pc, tablet & smartphones. They will have to create just one app which would work on every windows device. This would make the work of developers extremely easy & would result in considerable increase in the apps count in Windows store.
How can download file from super beam (android device) I can receive file on browser and see online big file but cant dowload. Please help me. Reply must friends
AnonD-132663, 02 Dec 2014If you are from Android/iOS user definitely you will be disappointed and you will have to comp... more1- Dude its famous WP metro UI... its not ugly.. if you feel its ugly then its ur personal opinion n I think wp os is not for you.
2- do you even know what are talking. 730 cam beats moto g2 cam in real time.. just do research before such worse statement. atleast don't lie here.
3- google is cheap n not supporting wp os because wp os is threat for their own android.
4- Players are available dude.. just search once before comment..
-moliplayer (china version)
- video explorer
-VLC player(coming very soon/almost ready)
mx player is not god of players.. their are too many devs in world who makes video players.
5- agree on this.. smart dial missing.. hope it will come with w10.
6- not understand what do you mean by notification toggle.. if you talking about actionable notification then it will coming with w10.
7- its os preferences. even ios also not has that much customizable.
8- which more integration you want between pc-wp??? please explain.
9- currently wp os is middle case between ios n android. ios has less features than wp n android has more n wp os trying to beat android with updates.
10- OTG feature is coming with upcoming updates.
11- yes.. no auto-linking.. its totally user preferred feature. ms improve it with upcoming updates.
most of features are included now n more are coming.. ms currently aggressively working on w10 update n its huge update to compete with android.
Welcome to the club bro. I exactly got the same problem like yours. My Lumia 730 cellular+sim settings regularly disabled by itself. I suspect it is the sdcard causing the problem or the network failed to re register from time to time the phones IMEI.Whatever the culprit is it is difficult to find out as the problem is occasional. But no matter what this is bad for Nokia and Microsoft as they are not giving any solution no matter how much you bring this to their attention.
If you are from Android/iOS user definitely you will be disappointed and you will have to compromise on many points. Unless it is a good phone.
1. Light weight and slim design
2. Very Good battery life
3. Smooth performance
1. Very Worst UI of some of the famous apps we use like Facebook,WhatsApp, CricBuzz etc.,..
2. Average Camera compared to Moto G2,
3. No access to Google products (hangouts,Maps,Google+)
4. No Free video player like MX Player , you ll not able to play all your videos
5. Phone contacts and searching a contact and dial is a worst exp, no smart dialing.
6. Notification toggle is waste one, not customizable
7. Many options and setting have less customization
8. Not much PC-Phone integration like iOS
9. It is not unique as the iOS and not the common as the Android.
10. No OTG support which almost now all the low end mobile phones offer
11. No auto linking of the profiles in the contacts
have to do manually.
How can we delete the memory in other's folder from the sd card??it's using nearly 3gb in my memory card..help me guys..
AnonD-220928, 02 Dec 2014does lumia 730 can run fluently with 64gb class 10 sd card? want to purchase strontium nitro c... moreYa sure,u can easily use 64gb without any problem.i would recommend u to buy samsung evo 64gb class 10 micro sd card.right now i am using samsung evo class 10 32gb card.working fine in my phone
AnonD-220928, 02 Dec 2014does lumia 730 can run fluently with 64gb class 10 sd card? want to purchase strontium nitro c... moreI Don't Know About Strontium................ But Mostly Peoples Trust Transcend or Sanddisk Memory Card.................. Even U Can Use 128 GB Calss 10 SD Card No Problem For Lumia 730.........:)
does lumia 730 can run fluently with 64gb class 10 sd card? want to purchase strontium nitro class 10. plz reply for it should i go for it....
I baught it more than one month it's superb. I installed 105(game&apps) no lage no hang charging over a day pics & video quality superb I really like it.
I baught it more than one month. It's superb I installed 105(game&apps) no lage no hang charging more of a day.
Hi Friends, Please suggest for purchasing this phone.
I m confuse in android and windows phone.
I read all l 730 review, please tall me advantages & Disadvantages.
How is music performance in this phone? because I like loud bass music.
Hi Guys, I have used Lumia 730 for about two months and the performance is fantastic. I have one concern of double tap wake up, this function doesn't work properly, I keep on tapping but it doesn't wake up but some times it works fine. I have used two different handsets and found same issue on both. Has anyone experienced the double tap wake issue? Is it normal in Lumia 730 or I have got both the faulty handsets because I have used Lumai 1320, 525 and 520 but double tap wakeup function worked perfectly on all these devices. Could some of the users of Lumia 730 help me to clerify this please...
AnonD-335532, 02 Dec 2014Oled display has short life just 24000 hour????
Mean after that phone useless???/No no it's not like that. For colour like Red and Green power requirements are less while for Blue it's much higher. OLED...as name suggests it's a display made of diodes so they worn out sooner as you keep providing high power.
(Edit: Statistically R/G will last around 50,000-250,000 hours while B will last around 15,000-20,000 hours).
Now if you're using display much more than normal user and you have lot of 'Blue' in daily tasks. For example you use Facebook messenger a lot. Then it's very likely that some diodes showing that blue colour will be dead. So after long time you'll see some dots in that blue area of messenger (you may not even notice it).
Investing in devices with OLED isn't risky but like I said, if you're FB messenger or anything 'Blue' junkie then you're very likely to see these dead pixels. Most likely this won't happen and if happens you won't notice it and in rare case it happens, it looks alright but depends on location of dead spot.
Anyway, it's not that IPS are safe. They've 3 sub pixels for each one. They go dead too on cheap devices. My Canvas HD had those dead spots in bottom right corner where I used to keep settings icon. I'm not sure exact reason of failure. Slowly it had full width noisy dotted line in whole bottom region.