I have upgraded to Windows 10 using upgrade advisor app. The problems started from there, most apps does not open or hangs, even home screen. I have to restart the phone many times in a day, and finally decided to rollback to 8.1. There is no possibility to reset to factory setting after the windows 10 updgrade. I had to visit the service center to downgrade the OS. In Bangalore I was charged 100 rs by the service center for this. Officially they did not have the Windows 10 upgrade for Lumia 730 DS. So please be cautious while trying to upgrade to windows 10.
KK 1512, 27 Mar 2016Can i roll back to 8.1 if i am on official version of Windows 10 Mobile ? yes, go to service centre
Improvements after W10 upgrade:
Action Centre, Phone and Messaging Apps, Personalization, Interface, Better browsing on Microsoft Edge, better feature of online streaming which was not supported on WP8.1, Better Multitasking handling and resuming of apps.
Search key on navigation bar is not working for local searches. Data Usage is giving totally false calculations and not able to pin it as a tile as was previously available as Data Storage. Sometime Interface lags.
I will never recomend to go back to Windows 8.1.My Lumia 640 XL having network freezing problem since last One month and the problem was more cronic as the time was passed.Restarst is the only solution I was visited to Nokia care but they said that there is no issues in smartphone it will be eliminate soon.After two days I got Winndows 10 update.After W 10 update Network freezing issues completly fix but call drop problem.Solution - After Windows 10 update device is looking for second 164 build install it ,then after hard reset is required after hard reset your device is completly copitable with Windows 10 OS (smooth performace) you can easly differentiate between two.
Hey guys can anybody tell me camera quality after windows 10 update. Actually zooming has increased. And there is grainy photo while zoom. So plz check your photos with zoom and reply me.
Hi friend's I'm using the Lumia 730 on problem I'm click the flash on camera 📷 and switch off the mobile 📱 happened tell me please friend
My my Lumia 730 doesn't get any upgrade to win10.is that update is available in India???
Can i roll back to 8.1 if i am on official version of Windows 10 Mobile ?
wp_lover, 26 Mar 2016Lumia 730 The OS features are great. I have listed most annoying things of w10 that I'm faci... moreI too have every issue which you mentioned. Windows 10 is nowhere near to fluid performance of 8.1. Its dam frustrating & annoying. I just wonder that we were waiting for such a long time for such upgrade which is a major downgrade. I am seriously fed up of the word "coming soon" from Microsoft. I am feeling rather to invest time & money in other platforms rather than being here, waiting waiting & waiting & getting disappointed at the end.
The OS features are great. I have listed most annoying things of w10 that I'm facing. Listed only drawbacks as the advantage is known to everyone.
*UI elements, UI performance is not stable and consistent. I feel testing is also not done properly. Many many bugs in interface itself.
* resuming screen, loading feature continue exist.
*This on screen navigation buttons can not be hidden in some apps and I felt now it takes some more pixels of the screen. Due to this lower part of app interface is not visible in most cases. I feel in 8.1 it was more near to perfection. They should have kept it as it is in W10. Double tap on navigation bar to return off screen is good. It works fine. I advice Microsoft to leave this on screen navigation bar. And bring back The old capacitive buttons
* Though the quick action toggles are collapsed in notification centre if you pull it down slowly you can still see the lower part of 3rd row of action toggles.
*Single hand mode is unusable as interface is not completely visible (I checked it on Lumia 550. It also has the same problem).
*Camera app takes much time in storing pics. But features are simply great. No panorama mode though. They should integrate all lens in it. No pause button in video.
* photos hub has improved a lot but it is slow now.
* At least we can download maps to memory card but can't move it to phone or vice versa. Not tried with files explorer. As i have full India map.
* Some apps icons are missing.. In my phone grove music app icon is missing. So Strange.. Whenever I move apps between phone and external card I'm facing this problem.
* Storage app is slow. It takes too much time to show apps size. And it doesn't show progress when you move apps. If you go back the moving process may get stopped. Still no way to find what is there in others section. No option to delete app data.
*Swipe Keyboard has become worse. Previously it was guessing correctly now we need to be more precise.
*Edge browser is the best feature. But it hangs little. The downloading cannot be paused and resumed later. Hope they add adBlocker in future if my phone doesn't get it also no problem.
*Music player is totally changed. Now needs taps than swiping. It changes track immediately but takes 2-3 seconds to play.
* In Music player shortcut that drops down when your wakes up or by volume control, track name flickers 5-6 times whenever you tap previous, pause, next controls and even the wallpaper goes blue color once or twice if you are in lock screen.
* The one more welcome is built in file explorer. Features are more than files app. But performance is big zero. (Crashes sometimes if I rename files). Can navigate between each photos and videos but not between audios. Copying and moving files doesn't show progress status.
* Phone app is improved too much. A big changeover. Still Adding contacts to speed dial is frustrating. Can't mark at once and add to list.
* People app is also changed but i didn't see anything major improvement. Facebook activity of each has gone. No way to copy contacts to sim
* I feel I need something more in lock screen.
* Throughout the OS you will find bugs.
* Usability improved and became worse in some manner. If this is the last version then good bye WP. Hope they fix it soon.. Can't wait for the update as it is very critical.
I wrote this after updating to the last version. Phone is up to date.
please help me revert to Win8.1 . Win 10 is hopeless.
I tried to go back using Windows device recovery tool 3.1.6 but failed please help.
i recently updated my lumia 730 to windows 10 using an app called update advisor in stores. Now i am using windows 10 and it is good. the only problem i am experiencing is that i am not able to get mail notifications and i have to check the mail manually.
Can anyone help?
Friends I have updated (...64) my lumia 730 as advised by MS with the app called Upgrade Advisor. Due to some reason this App (upgrade advisor) is not available now in my mobile. It is not even available in store also. My question is if this App would be essential in future for any update then how can I get it and Re-install it. Please
Anonymous, 25 Mar 2016I am using preview version. How shall i get the official version?No need to go back both preview & official build are the same
Anonymous, 24 Mar 2016i still am not find w10 update. when i try to update. a message displays that ur fone is up to... morefirstly install upgrade advisor app from microsoft and make your phone eligible for win 10 upgrade through this app
Assure, 25 Mar 2016Microsoft has rerolling updates, in 10, now 4291.1001 Call drops, forced closed apps still th... moreLook.. I m guiding you.. This official build is same which available for insiders(.164).. No need to revert back.. As an insiders we got this build earlier than others.. So keep in mind no need to revert back to 8.1... And don't you have any brain.. Redstone is next update which is still in initial stages so obviously it is not recommended to get on your primary device.. Use your brain man and read some articles on web before complaining... There is reason that Redstone update is only available on fast ring because it is unstable and buggy and in initial stage... You better stay on .164 which is stable right now