Anonymous, 09 Nov 2014when will be the next stock release.. everywhere its out of stock!!!Yep. It's so sad. In my country, 739 it's also out of stock, too :(
AnonD-329104, 09 Nov 2014I shifted from android 2.2 LG P500 phone to Nokia Lumia 730. I bought it on 8th Oct., 2014 for... moreDo note that the battery drains out faster when the mobile has to keep searching for the network. If the Vodafone network is weak resulting in faster draining of the battery then its Vodafone who is responsible and not Nokia; the advice of switching from 3G to 2G stands no rationale. I am telling from my own personal experience of Vodafone network which used to drain mobile battery very fast of mine as well as of my colleagues in our office, and thus fast drain was apparently not there when I changed the simcard to another service provider.
how about speaker quality is it good? and is there any YouTube downloader apps for wp?
Here's why i would choose the New Nokia Lumia 730 over samsung galaxy grand prime;
1) Secondary Camera or Front camera or the "Selfie" Camera; Both the companies are marketing their products on the selfie camera. The term selfie reminds us of the chainsmokers song "But first let me take a selfie" thats right before we start comparing the other specs, lets take a selfie and compare these "selfie phones" and although both have 5mp selfie cam but Im more inclined towards the lumia 730, also the lumia selfie app makes it more fun to use the front cam or the selfie cam
2) Primary camera; Although a layman would go by the numbers and think that 8 is bigger than 6.7 so samsung's cam is better but in this case Nokia's 6.7 Mp with carl zeiss optics clearly beats samsung's 8Mp camera. Nokia has far better stabilization than Samsung. Nokia clicks 6.7 Mp pictures in 16:9 size whereas samsung clicks 6mp photos in 16:9 size and to click 8mp pictures the size has to be compromised to 4:3. Also the Camera app is both more user friendly and professional in Nokia Lumia 730.
3) Display and Touch; Although smaller in size but the AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels (~316 ppi pixel density) in Lumia 730 makes it far more superior than TFT Capacitive touchscreen with only 540 x 960 pixels (~220 ppi pixel density). Nokia lumia features a ClearBlack Display technology which it has been using since the N series phones tough improving it each time. The display sucks less battery and is even viewable/readable in sunlight with low brightness which is not possible with any samsung or even the fancy & expensive iphone.
Nokia is using Corning gorilla glass 3 while its not confirmed with samsung which glass they are using although its pretty thick and feels like gorilla glass not confirmed whether its gorilla glass 2 or gorilla glass 3.
4) Operating system; Nokia lumia 730 features Lumia denim the successor of Lumia cyan. Windows phones have changed a lot since its inception and tried a hard to win back the nokia customer base it had when nokia was on symbian os. With almost all the essential social apps the Windows store is quite satisfactory and updating really very fast. Also unlike Androids, Windows phone Os do not suck batteries. So even if Samsung features a 2600mAh it would perform quite equivalent to 2200mAh battery on Nokia Lumia 730.
5) Conclusion; Lumia 730 is giving you what you are paying for whereas it looks like samsung is just trying to get back the money it spent on their advertisement campaigns. The build quality of Nokia is quite good and it feels like you're holding something strong where as holding a samsung galaxy prime grand feels like you're holding something that will break if it falls or slips off hand accidently. Nokia also offers some good colour options to choose from like Bright green and orange other than the regulars black or white.
[deleted post]Ok.. Microsoft next device release soon but L730 is still out of stock. That's why I am asking. Is L730 is an wide angle front cam? How many degree wide angle lens? Is any bsi sensor for both front and back cam?
Anonymous, 09 Nov 2014when will be the next stock release.. everywhere its out of stock!!!Am not the company person to give the exact date of next stocks as of now fingers crossed, it might be a surprise release as re-branded printing Microsoft on devices too lets hope so and wait till next stock comes out cheers
AnonD-325239, 09 Nov 2014Can anyone tell me how can I make my SD card as mass storage on lumia 730 so that I can view t... morei guess you don't have that type of option now
But don't worry wait till next major update i.e wp10
AnonD-329284, 09 Nov 2014Thanks for the reply but can u tell me how do i know that my phone does not need any more batt... moreThats my pleasure always in the way to help other fans here
i will number your question and then answer to it
1) how do i know that my phone does not need any more battery cyles?
Actually you will see the amount of battery drain becomes less after few cycles so that its indication that your battery is calibrated..
2)how much time it takes to fully charged a lumia 730 from 0 to 100%?
Nokia India provides Nokia AC-50 MicroUSB Charger which is 1.5 amp charger if am right...it takes 2n half to 3 hours for full charge, and i advice you to put it on flight mode and try not to use the phone while charging it will heat the device when u use the phone while charging n takes more time to full charge, so keep the phone idle let it charge to 100%..
if you use a 2 amp charger it will charge soon i guess so i did'nt try though i stick with the company provided charger so not to worry about charging time..its smartphone so it will cut off charging the battery internally even when it is on plug
Can anyone tell me how can I make my SD card as mass storage on lumia 730 so that I can view the contents on my TV through USB?
AnonD-322967, 09 Nov 2014Phone will turn on when charging that is normal in WP and i advice you not to drain battery... moreThanks for the reply but can u tell me how do i know that my phone does not need any more battery cyles? so i can charge it when ever i want? and how much time it takes to fully charged a lumia 730 from 0 to 100%? i have the mobile on charging for 3hrs and 30mints and its still charging 99% done.. so why it takes so much time? is it bcoz its new and the charing time will be reduced after some time?
AnonD-100814, 09 Nov 2014Yes dude all wp8 devices are upgradable to W10...
at current stage microsoft has three differ... moreThanx wp8lvr for explaining the future of wp os ecosystem.
Yes, i am aware of the security issues in google n android products. Thats why i didnt upgrade in android system, but shifted to wp, didnt consider ios due to high cost.
Yes, i am a music lover. So i was disappointed with this audio port issue. I read somewhere in gsmarena that sony is expected to bring wp sets. I'l love to grab that one.
For All Those who are waiting to buy this phone but confused about the reviews from android fans feeling jealous of this phone writing and trolling about the nonsense here.... here is million dollar answer:
The Device is Already a Success ppl pls just view the Rank of Daily interest given here in gsmarena
wp l730 Simply,Speedy OS,Success