Here's why i would choose the New Nokia Lumia 730 over samsung galaxy grand prime;
1) Secondary Camera or Front camera or the "Selfie" Camera; Both the companies are marketing their products on the selfie camera. The term selfie reminds us of the chainsmokers song "But first let me take a selfie" thats right before we start comparing the other specs, lets take a selfie and compare these "selfie phones" and although both have 5mp selfie cam but Im more inclined towards the lumia 730, also the lumia selfie app makes it more fun to use the front cam or the selfie cam
2) Primary camera; Although a layman would go by the numbers and think that 8 is bigger than 6.7 so samsung's cam is better but in this case Nokia's 6.7 Mp with carl zeiss optics clearly beats samsung's 8Mp camera. Nokia has far better stabilization than Samsung. Nokia clicks 6.7 Mp pictures in 16:9 size whereas samsung clicks 6mp photos in 16:9 size and to click 8mp pictures the size has to be compromised to 4:3. Also the Camera app is both more user friendly and professional in Nokia Lumia 730.
3) Display and Touch; Although smaller in size but the AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels (~316 ppi pixel density) in Lumia 730 makes it far more superior than TFT Capacitive touchscreen with only 540 x 960 pixels (~220 ppi pixel density). Nokia lumia features a ClearBlack Display technology which it has been using since the N series phones tough improving it each time. The display sucks less battery and is even viewable/readable in sunlight with low brightness which is not possible with any samsung or even the fancy & expensive iphone.
Nokia is using Corning gorilla glass 3 while its not confirmed with samsung which glass they are using although its pretty thick and feels like gorilla glass not confirmed whether its gorilla glass 2 or gorilla glass 3.
4) Operating system; Nokia lumia 730 features Lumia denim the successor of Lumia cyan. Windows phones have changed a lot since its inception and tried a hard to win back the nokia customer base it had when nokia was on symbian os. With almost all the essential social apps the Windows store is quite satisfactory and updating really very fast. Also unlike Androids, Windows phone Os do not suck batteries. So even if Samsung features a 2600mAh it would perform quite equivalent to 2200mAh battery on Nokia Lumia 730.
5) Conclusion; Lumia 730 is giving you what you are paying for whereas it looks like samsung is just trying to get back the money it spent on their advertisement campaigns. The build quality of Nokia is quite good and it feels like you're holding something strong where as holding a samsung galaxy prime grand feels like you're holding something that will break if it falls or slips off hand accidently. Nokia also offers some good colour options to choose from like Bright green and orange other than the regulars black or white.
[deleted post]Ok.. Microsoft next device release soon but L730 is still out of stock. That's why I am asking. Is L730 is an wide angle front cam? How many degree wide angle lens? Is any bsi sensor for both front and back cam?
Anonymous, 09 Nov 2014when will be the next stock release.. everywhere its out of stock!!!Am not the company person to give the exact date of next stocks as of now fingers crossed, it might be a surprise release as re-branded printing Microsoft on devices too lets hope so and wait till next stock comes out cheers
AnonD-325239, 09 Nov 2014Can anyone tell me how can I make my SD card as mass storage on lumia 730 so that I can view t... morei guess you don't have that type of option now
But don't worry wait till next major update i.e wp10
AnonD-329284, 09 Nov 2014Thanks for the reply but can u tell me how do i know that my phone does not need any more batt... moreThats my pleasure always in the way to help other fans here
i will number your question and then answer to it
1) how do i know that my phone does not need any more battery cyles?
Actually you will see the amount of battery drain becomes less after few cycles so that its indication that your battery is calibrated..
2)how much time it takes to fully charged a lumia 730 from 0 to 100%?
Nokia India provides Nokia AC-50 MicroUSB Charger which is 1.5 amp charger if am right...it takes 2n half to 3 hours for full charge, and i advice you to put it on flight mode and try not to use the phone while charging it will heat the device when u use the phone while charging n takes more time to full charge, so keep the phone idle let it charge to 100%..
if you use a 2 amp charger it will charge soon i guess so i did'nt try though i stick with the company provided charger so not to worry about charging time..its smartphone so it will cut off charging the battery internally even when it is on plug
Can anyone tell me how can I make my SD card as mass storage on lumia 730 so that I can view the contents on my TV through USB?
AnonD-322967, 09 Nov 2014Phone will turn on when charging that is normal in WP and i advice you not to drain battery... moreThanks for the reply but can u tell me how do i know that my phone does not need any more battery cyles? so i can charge it when ever i want? and how much time it takes to fully charged a lumia 730 from 0 to 100%? i have the mobile on charging for 3hrs and 30mints and its still charging 99% done.. so why it takes so much time? is it bcoz its new and the charing time will be reduced after some time?
AnonD-100814, 09 Nov 2014Yes dude all wp8 devices are upgradable to W10...
at current stage microsoft has three differ... moreThanx wp8lvr for explaining the future of wp os ecosystem.
Yes, i am aware of the security issues in google n android products. Thats why i didnt upgrade in android system, but shifted to wp, didnt consider ios due to high cost.
Yes, i am a music lover. So i was disappointed with this audio port issue. I read somewhere in gsmarena that sony is expected to bring wp sets. I'l love to grab that one.
For All Those who are waiting to buy this phone but confused about the reviews from android fans feeling jealous of this phone writing and trolling about the nonsense here.... here is million dollar answer:
The Device is Already a Success ppl pls just view the Rank of Daily interest given here in gsmarena
wp l730 Simply,Speedy OS,Success
AnonD-329284, 09 Nov 2014Hi Guys,
I purchased Lumia 730 on friday and currently i m liking the set. but i have a quest... morePhone will turn on when charging that is normal in WP
and i advice you not to drain battery till 0%, but if u don't have the choice to charge before that then its okay , always put in charge at 10% battery..
your battery needs some cycles to conform your mode of usage , Heavy, moderate,basic ,so it needs few cycles to show its performance
AnonD-100814, 09 Nov 2014Yes dude all wp8 devices are upgradable to W10... at current stage microsoft has three differ... moreAccprding to inf lumia denim will be rolling oit this dec for 920,1520 and 1020 later it will cme to all dvicea nxt yr and about other platforms Android is an open source so everyone including a student can develop app not bother about any security which leads to many viruses but iOS and wp are cloaed source only developers can develop app with high security that is why there won't be any lags in iOS and wp cmpred to android which is known as lagdroid
I purchased Lumia 730 on friday and currently i m liking the set. but i have a question regarding Battery Cyle when i use the set for the 1st time the set comes with around 50% of battery and then i used it for a while then i think when the battery was around 30% i charged it to 100% but then i read about battery cyle that do from 0 to 100 and same thing told to me by a friend who is also a lumia user. but older then me.
So i wanted to know how this battery cycle works? do i always fully discharge the phone before charging the phone again like 0% or when it reaches around 5-10% i have it on charge and let it charge till 100% ? or i have to do that for few days or weeks till the set is new? today in morning when my phone reached 0% i have it on charge and when the phone was charged 60% i went away for work and did not get the chance to fully charge it. so after almost 8 hrs of usage which include whatsapp. internet. few mins of gaming. sms + few calls. my battery ends so now i have again it on charging as it was 0%. so i will let the phone charge till 100% now. And when i put the charger on offline mode i mean when the battery is 0 the phone is turn off but when i connect charger the phone auto starts. so i want to know that does this phone dont have any option for charging the phone by turning off ? bcoz i tried doing it but cell gets start. Thanks :)
AnonD-316641, 09 Nov 2014Thanks wp8 lvr and Yeah I'll do that. But I think its software problem Also check ur wifi sense(not wifi), if it is on, turn it off. Wifi sense drains battery.
Anonymous, 09 Nov 2014Dude its been 20 days and I've followed the proper charging methods. But the battery backup is... moreI dont know abt 730, but some months ago my frnds 630 gave him only 12/14 hour backup with very low use. But my 630 give me 30+ hour backup with medium use. Aftr smtime he get a firmware update, it improves his battery life. So, may be there are issue with firmware.