Anonymous, 09 Nov 2014thanks a lot. just downloaded opera mini nd beta or not i love it. having problems settin up b... moreThanks for ur prompt reply & it is good to know that the issue of ur video player has been solved through update. So, it quite clear that Microsoft is working hard to improve their OS & they care about the conviniency of the user. With every update, experince is getting better & better.
About BBM, sorry but i havent used it till now, but it may be the network issue, do the set-up after sometime orelse try doing a soft reset. If still the issue persists, kindly uninstall BBM & re-install it. It may solve the issue.
& ya, i am not an expert, but still u can anytime ask any issue, i will surely try to solve it.
shashi, 09 Nov 2014Exactly which phone is having screen flickering issue 730 or 735 can u tell me pls cause I wan... moredude both 730 n 735 are same phone.. only difference is one is single sim and other is dual sim.. so flickering is available in both... only few users affected by this.. it is definitely os flaw.. microsoft definitely fix it.
for your kind information 735 single sim phone not coming in India.. only 730 dual sim is available in india.
today another leaked image from china showing 3 new phones coming with microsoft branding.. microsoft launching these 3 devices at 11th november. 2 days to go..
KK 1512, 09 Nov 2014Hi freind,
- Opera mini (beta) is available in windows store from much time & it works as... morethanks a lot. just downloaded opera mini nd beta or not i love it. having problems settin up bbm tho....its stuck on 'setting up bbm' screen with that never ending rotation. maybe its network sha. updated my video player nd it seems to hav solved that issue
Heres to hoping for a beautiful experience...first windows phone nd all. permit me to ask u again at my next...errr confusion.
ramdhanu, 09 Nov 2014I shifted from android 2.2 LG P500 phone to Nokia Lumia 730. I bought it on 8th Oct., 2014 for... more1- dude screen flickering, double tap to wake problem is there with only 730..
730 has very initial build of lumia denim... microsoft still working on denim and ms definitely provide fixing update in coming days.
2- scroll lag is very very very rare thing for WP... just try soft reset as it fix or not... just press volume down key + power key same time fore 10-15 secs. your phone vibrates n restart.. soft reset doesn't delete anything so do it 2-3 times. then check your phones gives you scrolling lag or not.. let me know.
3- buy original microsim then try... wp os by default try to select best network in your area.. if 3G signal is weak then it try to switch on 2G...
4- for battery block background tasks of unessesary apps using battery saver application. also these batteries takes time to give its actual power... just complete few battery cycles to get more battery potential. charge battery to 100% then don't plug it until battry drains to 10% or less.. then again charge to 100% n so on.. do it occasionally.
5- yes email app lacks proper sharing feature. Hope ms fix it with W10 update. till then open office app n choose share to your mail... or download "Files" app from store and select documents n share it on your email...
6- try other headphones.
7- current IE11 lacks only background download n upload. other than this IE is best. other browsers also available like UC browser, opera mini beta, maxthon, surfy... use as you want.
with W10 microsoft working on new IE12.. I think it will solve all your problems.
8- you can share multiple photos in WhatsApp. update your WhatsApp.
9- official facebook App has photo uploading issue... hope facebook team fix it soon.
10- as I told Email app lacks sharing options. microsoft definitely fix it with W10.
in my opinion nothing is perfect in this world... OS development takes years of hard work.. so we can't get fully backed os.. you used android 2.2 froyo but android won't think 2.2 is matured and they still working on updates 2.2 to 5(lollipop)...
In school you cannot get admission directly in last year in graduation. you need to start from 1st standard n so on... same concept applies on all other things as well..
Microsoft still working on future updates of WP to add new features.
new Office app aka gemini coming to W10, new internet explorer 12 is coming, mkv video playback support coming in w10..
hope they also working on new email app...
if WP not suitable for you then shift to android. my personal advice for you otherwise wait for fixing update from microsoft.
wp8 lvr, 08 Nov 2014These screen issues are software related in my opinion. All high end lumias and samsung phone... moreExactly which phone is having screen flickering issue 730 or 735 can u tell me pls cause I wanna buy single sim and heading for 735
I want to buy ths lumia 730 mobile by saw ths specfctns its realy havng amazng thngs within my budget but i havng some fear to choose it... Any one tell me i will purchase it or not... what i to do..?
ramdhanu, 09 Nov 2014I shifted from android 2.2 LG P500 phone to Nokia Lumia 730. I bought it on 8th Oct., 2014 for... more1. It's common problem but rarely happens. It always happens in Help app. Other than that in 8-9 days of use I faced this problem 3-4 times in WhatsApp and IE.
2. Scrolling is faster than any Android.
3. It's problem by service provider
4. Stop WhatsApp background process and with moderate internet usage, 1-2 hours of video play and heavy music play it lasts more than 24 hours.
5. Yup, that's annoying. However you can attach via Office app.
6. Can't say...for me all headphones worked.
8. Other than background downloading issue IE is perfect.
9. Maybe you're using old version. I can share multiple photos.
10. FB photos upload is working fine for me. Update app.
should i go to nokia care for the battery drain or wait for the next update?
chintu3003, 09 Nov 2014Hey guys know you all have some problems with L730 let them be
, batter... moreWe customers need (and should demand) from handset manufacturer's the finished product, no a work-in-progress type of hardware (and software mix)..
It seems to be current business model (even worst, revenue model) in mobile handset industry for the developing countries like india.
They force us to buy all these handset who are basically same in making phone calls, sending msgs and surfing internets..with customizable additional consumable features.
i purchased nokia lumia730 before16 days. very next day i m facing network connectivity problems. in this problem telling complete condition of phone-
1 sim network is showing
2 data connection option in setting is not shown.
3 if i make a new call can not connect and i also cannot cut the call by end button.( only seeing dialing on screen)
4 IF I CALL ON MY NUMBER by another phone its shows switch off.
5 this problem is from second day of purchase so i go to nokia care. there they complete format and update phone software but same problem again from next day
i have also checked by changing new sim but same problem.
what shoud i do now?????????????
Hey guys know you all have some problems with L730 let them be
, battery drain
But don't worry this is because of early build of Lumia denim, and they will be solved in next GDR before windows 10. So don't you worry about these temporary problems and grab this masterpiece before someone else does,,kudos!!
ramdhanu, 09 Nov 2014I shifted from android 2.2 LG P500 phone to Nokia Lumia 730. I bought it on 8th Oct., 2014 for... moreYou probably got a defective phone. Nokia has high defective rate. Windows Phone has the smoothest scrolling since Windows Phone 7 with single core processor. iOS is second smoothest in scrolling.
Beware of the A 730 back cover. It broke on Day 1 despite all the precautions.
ramdhanu, 09 Nov 2014I shifted from android 2.2 LG P500 phone to Nokia Lumia 730. I bought it on 8th Oct., 2014 for... moreall phones aren't meant for all dude.
business phones, smartphones, featured phones, basic phones blah blah blah....
ios, wp, bb, android all os have their own specialties
wp is not bad as there are many happy windows phone users...
i myself upgraded from wp7.8 to wp8.1.
(i wasn't desperate. It suits my type so i upgraded)
maybe windows phone is not for your type, better shift to android or bb i think it suits you.
ramdhanu, 09 Nov 2014I shifted from android 2.2 LG P500 phone to Nokia Lumia 730. I bought it on 8th Oct., 2014 for... moreSory for you......brother i told my friends frustration is the second name of l730......even after 4 years OS is still not stable....you made a big gamble......refund your money and switch back to android
I shifted from android 2.2 LG P500 phone to Nokia Lumia 730. I bought it on 8th Oct., 2014 for INR 15000.
Following are the problems:
1. Screen flickering (seems to be a common problem),
2. Scroll lag (even my old android 2.2 was smoother),
3. If 3G signal is weak, internet does not work at all (i have to switch to 2G mode, advised by vodafone customer care),
4. Battery drains out very fast, with just 4-5 calls a day, whatsapp and internet browsing (no video watching, no games, i have no games loaded),
5. I am still in search how to attach a file to my email. It always goes to photo album. Very annoying and disturbing for business users (again, in my old android 2.2 i could select the file and send directly),
6. I use XB 30 sony headphones, which does not fit properly, though i understand audio port is 3.5 mm size. And a pathetic ticking sound comes. And i am not able to play music through my music system due to same problem. Probably i have to buy some cheap and not so good sound quality microsoft/nokia product.
Does anyone use bose or better headphones with these lumia phones (same problem with lumia 630 also, my sister is using).
6. Tap to wake does not work most of the time.
7. Internet explorer in windows phone is pathetic. My android 2.2 with dolphin browser/ mini opera was better.
8. Multiple photos can't be shared on whatsapp. To be selected and shared one by one.
9. Could not upload photos on facebook. A simple select and upload was good enough in android 2.2.
10. Worst thing is i am not able to send any doc, pdf, xls, ppt files while replying to any email.
Is Lumia 730 a smartphone? Or meant for business use? It seems my age old android 2.2 LG P500 was far superior than this Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia 730.
All my friends and colleagues warned me that WP and Nokia are not good. But i trusted the brand nokia and microsoft. And now i am suffering.
I am not an android fan, because i just used android 2.2 for past 3 years, and do not know what other versions are capable of.
But one thing is for sure, my android 2.2 was much smarter than this lumia 730 windows phone. Feels bad to spend my hard earned INR 15k on this unsmart, dumb but good looking lumia 730.
tensei, 08 Nov 2014Dint know id miss opera mini this much. But trying to get used to I.e nd uc browser though.
A... moreHi freind,
- Opera mini (beta) is available in windows store from much time & it works as it says, very fast & consuming very less data, though it needs improvements. But full version is expected soon with added features & bug fixes. UC browser is best for downloading but for surfing, i prefer Opera. UC & I.E consumes too much data. So if u are on unlimited data or using wifi, then use I.E.
- Sorting of the videos are just for that moment when you sort them to the desired sorting attribute i.e by date, size or any other, but once you leave that screen, it would revert back to the default. & u cant fix an attribute of ur liking, u will have to do it manually everytime.
- The fonts of the music files in music player are large by default, so its normal that the names are incomplete. It is not a very big issue as it doesnt affect the usability of the user, but if Microsoft thinks it to be improved, they'll surely fix this in their next update.
- Cortana can make u enjoy using ur phone. If u havent used it, give it a try. She can tell a joke, talk with u, answer ur questions, set-up reminders, open apps & much more.
- While downloading any app from the store, first see the no. of stars rated by the users & then read the most recent comments, if u find it satisfactory, only then download. This applies to the updates of the apps too.
if u have any further issues, feel free to ask.