I shifted from android 2.2 LG P500 phone to Nokia Lumia 730. I bought it on 8th Oct., 2014 for INR 15000.
Following are the problems:
1. Screen flickering (seems to be a common problem),
2. Scroll lag (even my old android 2.2 was smoother),
3. If 3G signal is weak, internet does not work at all (i have to switch to 2G mode, advised by vodafone customer care),
4. Battery drains out very fast, with just 4-5 calls a day, whatsapp and internet browsing (no video watching, no games, i have no games loaded),
5. I am still in search how to attach a file to my email. It always goes to photo album. Very annoying and disturbing for business users (again, in my old android 2.2 i could select the file and send directly),
6. I use XB 30 sony headphones, which does not fit properly, though i understand audio port is 3.5 mm size. And a pathetic ticking sound comes. And i am not able to play music through my music system due to same problem. Probably i have to buy some cheap and not so good sound quality microsoft/nokia product.
Does anyone use bose or better headphones with these lumia phones (same problem with lumia 630 also, my sister is using).
6. Tap to wake does not work most of the time.
7. Internet explorer in windows phone is pathetic. My android 2.2 with dolphin browser/ mini opera was better.
8. Multiple photos can't be shared on whatsapp. To be selected and shared one by one.
9. Could not upload photos on facebook. A simple select and upload was good enough in android 2.2.
10. Worst thing is i am not able to send any doc, pdf, xls, ppt files while replying to any email.
Is Lumia 730 a smartphone? Or meant for business use? It seems my age old android 2.2 LG P500 was far superior than this Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia 730.
All my friends and colleagues warned me that WP and Nokia are not good. But i trusted the brand nokia and microsoft. And now i am suffering.
I am not an android fan, because i just used android 2.2 for past 3 years, and do not know what other versions are capable of.
But one thing is for sure, my android 2.2 was much smarter than this lumia 730 windows phone. Feels bad to spend my hard earned INR 15k on this unsmart, dumb but good looking lumia 730.
tensei, 08 Nov 2014Dint know id miss opera mini this much. But trying to get used to I.e nd uc browser though.
A... moreHi freind,
- Opera mini (beta) is available in windows store from much time & it works as it says, very fast & consuming very less data, though it needs improvements. But full version is expected soon with added features & bug fixes. UC browser is best for downloading but for surfing, i prefer Opera. UC & I.E consumes too much data. So if u are on unlimited data or using wifi, then use I.E.
- Sorting of the videos are just for that moment when you sort them to the desired sorting attribute i.e by date, size or any other, but once you leave that screen, it would revert back to the default. & u cant fix an attribute of ur liking, u will have to do it manually everytime.
- The fonts of the music files in music player are large by default, so its normal that the names are incomplete. It is not a very big issue as it doesnt affect the usability of the user, but if Microsoft thinks it to be improved, they'll surely fix this in their next update.
- Cortana can make u enjoy using ur phone. If u havent used it, give it a try. She can tell a joke, talk with u, answer ur questions, set-up reminders, open apps & much more.
- While downloading any app from the store, first see the no. of stars rated by the users & then read the most recent comments, if u find it satisfactory, only then download. This applies to the updates of the apps too.
if u have any further issues, feel free to ask.
Bought it yesterday and very satisfied. Very beautiful phobe and interface. Maybe in this phone BBM seem to work smoothly beacuse of this hardware's so well though there're still bugs here and there. Very, very good camera result and makes me want to use it every time I do nothing. Purple tint is noticavle but is not such a problem for me. What I like even more is this WP's whatsapp beautiful background customization.
And while I'm still new with this new device, so I have trouble finding music I received over bluetooth. Overall very good, beautiful, and smooth phone.
AnonD-235761, 08 Nov 2014Hello, first of all welcome to the Lumia & Windows family, i am sure you are & you wil... moreDint know id miss opera mini this much. But trying to get used to I.e nd uc browser though.
Any tips nd tricks that'll enhance my enjoyment of this device ll be highly appreciated
AnonD-235761, 08 Nov 2014Hello, first of all welcome to the Lumia & Windows family, i am sure you are & you wil... moreWow!!! Thanks mehn
Please one more thing...in video player,it keeps sorting videos by date,even after I change it to sort by a-z,it reverts back to date
Secondly in music player in list of songs,its kinda shifted causing incomplete title of songs showing. Is this normal?
Thanks once again
730 great, 08 Nov 2014Best phone!!!!! aaawwwwwwwwwweeeeessssssoooommmmmeeeee!!!!!.My lumia 730 battery is lasting 2 ... moreEven the Lumia 630/635 lasts two days also. Windows Phone is super efficient in both battery and performance.
Now slowly quality games are coming to wp ...and 2 gnaws are recently released for wp they are
1 ...beach buggy racing (free)
2...fast and furious 6 ( free)
Download now and enjoy😃
AnonD-100814, 08 Nov 2014Surprising news dude..
just leaked image shows 3 different lumia devices with Microsoft bra... moreyeah that's awesome, looks like 5"2 inches, 535 has qhd resolution, but at least for mid-range they should at least give 310-330ppi.
or like 530(4") 630(4"5) 730(4"7)
they might release a 5", 5"2 and a 5"5 that would be cool
AnonD-325969, 08 Nov 2014I don't think Microsoft will release L730 with its name.
B'coz the 1st rumored Microsoft devi... moreSurprising news dude..
just leaked image shows 3 different lumia devices with Microsoft branding... really surprising news.
one is recently leaked 5" lumia 535
2nd looks 6" phablet which is 1330
3rd looks slightly bigger than 535.. it is mysterious. don't know it is renamed 730/35 or something else. it shows cyan(blue) color n same camera, flash light n speaker positions as 730...
looks like microsoft launching 3 new lumia on 11th november with microsoft branding.
Nokia lumia730 awesome phone
Battery life good
Must have phone iam using it for last 15 day and iam loving this phone ya windows phone have some restrictions but its ok for me.
Executive class do have restriction..
Karan, 08 Nov 2014Hello friend i m palning to buy This lumia but after reading post on this site or many other s... moreNo dear don't worry about quality of this phone. This is a good device. There is no problem regarding screen or battery or anything. This is fact that many people on gsmarena post comments who even have not touched the device on which they are commenting. This happens with every device. Better option is just go to Nokia priority dealer and spend some time with this device. This is the best way to get answer of your questions. And if your concern is for battery than think practically, windows operating system is known to use less power and with 2200 mah battery it lasts for 36-48 hours easily. I am using this device for last 15 days and belive me " no problem at all".
I don't think Microsoft will release L730 with its name.
B'coz the 1st rumored Microsoft device(LOW-END) has 5"inch screen,
so can we expect a MID-RANGE phone with 4'7inch screen!
Hello friend i m palning to buy This lumia but after reading post on this site or many other sites I m really a confused.becz of Flickering broblem.there i no word from MS Nokia How to solve I dnt wana a device who need A NOKIA CC.plz help me friend what should I do. Becz I M BIG FAM OF NOKIA and its durability. i want this device But not the lots of problem Suggest what should I do. Thank you dears
AnonD-328985, 08 Nov 20141. Unable to post pictures to Facebook 2. In google mail can only see Inbox. How to see other... moreHi, there is sometimes issue of posting pics through default facebook app. So, it is better to use Internet Explorer or any other browser for posting pics. & for other folders in google mail, select the three dots in the bottom right & select folders. Then select All folders. You will see all the content.
1. Unable to post pictures to Facebook
2. In google mail can only see Inbox. How to see other boxes
Please advise. Thanks