VoodooChild, 18 Jun 2012Very dissapointing, 1. poor battery life, 2. downloading Zune...come on guys really why don't ... moreJust saying, I dunno what's wrong with your device mate.. mine works perfectly fine..
1)For mine, the battery life is superb.. It could last more than 24 hours, even when i put on videos, mp3s or surf the web..
2)For me it doesnt make that much difference.. either you use installation cd or use download zune.. it took me barely minutes to download it and start synchronizing my phone..
3)I dont face any issues with its connectivity.. wifi is good.. mobile network is much better compared to other phones i've used..
4)Compared to androids that i've used, Lumia NEVER hang before and never reboot itself.. have you drop by the service center? perhaps they could provide you the necessary assistance....
5)The UI is great, sleek and fun lol.. The live tile is great..
6)The durability is good.. dropped it few times.. no sweat :)....
I'm writing this comment based on my own experience with this phone.. and also other phones i currently have, galaxy note, galaxy advance and iphone 4s..... each device has its own pro and cons.. Perhaps there could be any internal defect that cause ur device to not to work as it suppose to.. I do have buddies that face almost the same probs as you are.. HOWEVER not only with the lumia but also the new S3.. same issues : drastic battery drain, screen lock-up issues, synchronizing problems... just my 2 cents ;))
hhmmmm style up a lil more... this is not design for ppl, its designed against apple, therefore it will hurt people more... I wont buy this
Very dissapointing, 1. poor battery life, 2. downloading Zune...come on guys really why don't you just supply software in form of a cd in the box when you buy the phone, 3. stability of Windows Mobile is questionable, 4. connectivity to network (aerial) sucks, 5. the phone have a tendecy to reboot itself for no apparent reason, 6. I am not even going to metion the poor customization capabilities and this phone is most definately not user friendly!
If I could turn back time I would have gotten the Samsung.
ajay, 12 Jun 2012I just got nokia lumi 800 few days back..I regret that I didn't done some background research ... moreCome on dude... you should have save your contacts in that E71 to your sim card... Lumia has the option to import all your contacts from your sim card!! And BTW I have multiple email accounts (gmail,hotmail, etc) synchronized on the lumia and they all works just fine... So let's not put the blame on the phone shall we??? LOL dude whenever you download an app you could see the progress in the marketplace!! It even tell you the percentage of the download and even shows the que for pending downloads..!! And it is hillarious how you happened to buy a pricey phone without even, at least "GOOGLE' it???? LOL
I agree... don't want windows phone.. Android OS is good.
I've had this phone for slightly more than 2 months.Overall this is a great phone and I would recommend it to anyone... Easy, fun and sleek user-interface. Works flawlessly and never hang before. Battery life is superb especially after the update.(Well at the moment Im writing this post my phone currently still have 57% battery left, last charge was 19 hours ago. Even after surfing, facebook,youtube etc.). For me Zune is better than iTunes. Live Tiles is really fun lol :P
However there are some issues with the camera. Yes, no doubt it still snaps acceptable quality of photos but it seems like "it doesnt achieve its maximum potential. Video recording is great... BTW for better music experience get yourself Beats headphones lol
How can i upload music for my personal ringtone?
I tried evrything,but it s not working!!!!!
its better than samsung galaxy s ii in terms of design and performance and quality of apps from windows market i love my Nokia lumia 800
Bought this phone a couple of days ago .. After using android for more than two years .. i am still impressed with this phone .. it is fast, draws less battery than android and very good for calls, messaging, basic browsing .. the touch sensitivity is great .. never expected such a phone from Nokia .. great work ..
What is lacking is not many apps as in android and customization is not possible .. since I am not after customization and a million apps, I am very happy with this phone .. love it ..
Axl, 14 Jun 2012If thats your definition of a smartphone, then only android is a smartphone. Apple cant transf... morehi friend do you try it to your lumia smartphone or socialmedia phone..
1. No true multitasking for 3rd party apps -
they re frozen in the background.
2. No Divx/Xvid video codec support. Zune
will convert with loss of quality.
3. No mass storage mode.
4. No micro-SD card support.
5. Only support up to 16GB storage .
6. No filemanager. Directory system is totally
7. Need Zune to transfer files. Zune will only
transfer photos, videos & music. All other
files need to email/upload to yourself.
8. Your contact details are automatically
uploaded to cloud service whether you like it
9. Limited to 800x480 resolution.
10. Voice search is hardwired to Bing.
11. Cannot use any MP3 file as ringtone
except those with strict constraints.
12. Cannot set static IP address so no
connection to ad-hoc networks.
13. No VPN support for this “corporate
14. Cannot sync with Outlook.
15. Totally closed OS, cannot sideload apps
outside MS Marketplace.
16. System font size cannot be changed.
17. Images and photos cannot be renamed in
18. Windows Live ID account cannot change
country once set.
19. No centralized notification page.
20. Alarm clock cannot work when phone is
turned off. All Nokia Symbian and Meego
phones can do this.
21. The idle screen is completely blank and
cannot display time or notifications.
22. Only photos allowed as email
attachments, documents not allowed.
23. Bluetooth cannot stream to car audio
devices (no rSAP).
24. Cannot stream audio from video to
Bluetooth devices (No A2DP).
25. No support for full on-device encryption
required for secure applications like mobile
banking and online payment.
26. Cannot use Bluetooth keyboard.
27. Cannot silence ringtone or alarm by
flipping the phone.
28. Very limited customization option.
29. Ugly 2D flat interface. Oversized fonts
for headings treat you like an idiot.
30. No always visible status bar for battery
life, signal strength, carrier, 2G/3G wi-fi,
31. Taskmanager has no option to shut down
apps you don’t want running in the
32. Search and Back button cannot be de-
activated in apps or games and easily
touched by accident which interrupt your
33. Lockscreen need to be activated to show
missed call/sms notification.
34. No way to close an app except pressing
back button all the way to the first screen.
35. Tiny fonts in messages is very hard to
read for those over 45.
36. Cannot edit playlist or create new
playlists from phone.
37. Cannot delete a song from phone.
38. Cannot search your music collection on
39. Cannot close music player, can only
pause. Music player on lockscreen will stay
until you reboot.
40. No progress bar for current track playing
and no indication which track in an album is
41. Cannot lock screen orientation.
42. Online and phone contacts are mixed
together with no ability to filter.
43. Cumbersome dialing with no smartdial.
Not able to enter alphabets into dialler for
44. Cannot save draft sms messages.
45. Call history only show phone number
type. If a contact has multiple phone nos.
for a type the number used is unknown.
46. Cannot recognize phone numbers in sms
or email to save or use as calling number.
47. Text messages can only be deleted one
48. Cannot select multiple pictures for
deleting, sending or uploading. They must be
done one at a time.
49. No way to see photo meta data -
dimension, date/time taken, etc
50. Apps are listed alphabetically with no
way to group by category. Can be hard to
find if you don’t remember the name.
51. Calendar scheduler has no weekly view
and monthly view is non-zoomable.
52. No peak/off-peak scheduling for email
53. If both wi-fi and data connection are
available which one it chooses to use is
unpredictable. User experiences don’t agree
with Microsoft that it “typically” choose wi-
fi over 3G.
54. No video call. (Though its available on
55. No haptic feedback for keyboard.
56. No Swype.
57. No flashplayer support.
58. No support for Java apps.
59. No call recording or app to do it.
60. No call blocking or app to do it.
61. No screenshots or app to do it.
62. No auto wallpaper changer and no app to
63. Totally locked down os means apps
which interact directly with hardware not
64. No equalizer for Zune music player.
65. FM radio doesn’t work on speaker.
66. IE browser has no text reflow, no
download capability and no offline reading.
67. No 3rd party browsers allowed except
those based on IE.
68. Volume up/down buttons cannot be used
to zoom in camera (sign of an immature os)
69. Cannot open zip or rar files received as
70. Cannot send or receive video by MMS.
71. Office Mobile has much less features
than 3rd party Office editors like
SmartOffice, QuickOffice and Polaris. Shame
on you, Microsoft!
72. No native Google maps and Bing maps is
useless for most countries outside U.S.
73. Email time stamp does not show the
74. Wide difference in apps availability in
different markets and users locked to one
75. Not all Bing features available outside
DUMB AND DUMBER
76. One volume control for all functions
including media playback, ringtones, alarms,
77. Wi-fi disconnects when screen sleeps.
Too bad if you are in the middle of a
78. If you receive a text message when
talking on the phone an audio alert will blast
your ear at the full volume set. All other
phones will give a soft beep.
79. Can only enter one mobile phone no. for
each contact. Mobile nos. entered in other
fields will not accept sms.
80. Cannot send/receive MMS without
enabling 3G data connection. MMS does not
use 3G data.
81. Phone cannot be charged when off.
82. Need to be plugged in to wall charger to
sync wirelessly (a funny definition of
83. Oversized fonts for headings waste
screen space and result in low information
84. Phone will wake up and display sms
content on lockscreen when locked – a
85. Phone can be rebooted without unlocking
to bypass security lock.
FEATURES EVEN DUMB PHONES HAVE BUT
86. No bluetooth file transfer.
87. Cannot handle USSD codes necessary for
prepaid users to obtain services.
88. Cannot filter call history into Missed
Calls, Received Calls, Dialled Calls, Recent
89. No way to backup or export call history.
90. Cannot show call duration in call history.
91. No way to edit MMS profile to work with
a carrier in the OS. Need an app which is not
available in all markets.
92. Call history does not group calls by
93. Call history does not show the time of
call for calls older than current day.
94. Cannot set custom sounds for different
types of notifications.
95. No ringer profiles.
96. No silent option (no vibrate and no ring)
from ringer menu. Need a trip to settings and
another trip to revert.
97. Cannot send/receive contact as a csv
98. Cannot backup sms to PC.
99. Cannot save contact to SIM card.
100. Cannot change alarm ring tone or use a
101. Cannot set alarm snooze interval.
phone is grand easy a lot of apps very fast got no problems with sync gmail, hotmail and work mail office very handy all u need to do is get apps, change from iphone 2 month already all ok
Every ph is very nice plz remembered that what type of mobile browser data you used.....and nothing more....
Pls is Nokia lumia 800 available in Nigeria? What is the price in Nigeria.
I got this beautiful phone in less than 48 hrs the phone did not switch on... very much disappointed, unlike NOKIA
I haven't had any, but the icon doesn't fit the phone's hardware. People get attracted by graphics, they should have make the best graphics(icons) possible. Example.. the icon of Internet Explorer.. Looks old fashion of IE6. The color combination of every boxes for icons, better if they use other variations and not to stick in blue. Nevertheless, the phone looks exciting to use! :)