Axl, 14 Jun 2012If thats your definition of a smartphone, then only android is a smartphone. Apple cant transf... morehi friend do you try it to your lumia smartphone or socialmedia phone..
1. No true multitasking for 3rd party apps -
they re frozen in the background.
2. No Divx/Xvid video codec support. Zune
will convert with loss of quality.
3. No mass storage mode.
4. No micro-SD card support.
5. Only support up to 16GB storage .
6. No filemanager. Directory system is totally
7. Need Zune to transfer files. Zune will only
transfer photos, videos & music. All other
files need to email/upload to yourself.
8. Your contact details are automatically
uploaded to cloud service whether you like it
9. Limited to 800x480 resolution.
10. Voice search is hardwired to Bing.
11. Cannot use any MP3 file as ringtone
except those with strict constraints.
12. Cannot set static IP address so no
connection to ad-hoc networks.
13. No VPN support for this “corporate
14. Cannot sync with Outlook.
15. Totally closed OS, cannot sideload apps
outside MS Marketplace.
16. System font size cannot be changed.
17. Images and photos cannot be renamed in
18. Windows Live ID account cannot change
country once set.
19. No centralized notification page.
20. Alarm clock cannot work when phone is
turned off. All Nokia Symbian and Meego
phones can do this.
21. The idle screen is completely blank and
cannot display time or notifications.
22. Only photos allowed as email
attachments, documents not allowed.
23. Bluetooth cannot stream to car audio
devices (no rSAP).
24. Cannot stream audio from video to
Bluetooth devices (No A2DP).
25. No support for full on-device encryption
required for secure applications like mobile
banking and online payment.
26. Cannot use Bluetooth keyboard.
27. Cannot silence ringtone or alarm by
flipping the phone.
28. Very limited customization option.
29. Ugly 2D flat interface. Oversized fonts
for headings treat you like an idiot.
30. No always visible status bar for battery
life, signal strength, carrier, 2G/3G wi-fi,
31. Taskmanager has no option to shut down
apps you don’t want running in the
32. Search and Back button cannot be de-
activated in apps or games and easily
touched by accident which interrupt your
33. Lockscreen need to be activated to show
missed call/sms notification.
34. No way to close an app except pressing
back button all the way to the first screen.
35. Tiny fonts in messages is very hard to
read for those over 45.
36. Cannot edit playlist or create new
playlists from phone.
37. Cannot delete a song from phone.
38. Cannot search your music collection on
39. Cannot close music player, can only
pause. Music player on lockscreen will stay
until you reboot.
40. No progress bar for current track playing
and no indication which track in an album is
41. Cannot lock screen orientation.
42. Online and phone contacts are mixed
together with no ability to filter.
43. Cumbersome dialing with no smartdial.
Not able to enter alphabets into dialler for
44. Cannot save draft sms messages.
45. Call history only show phone number
type. If a contact has multiple phone nos.
for a type the number used is unknown.
46. Cannot recognize phone numbers in sms
or email to save or use as calling number.
47. Text messages can only be deleted one
48. Cannot select multiple pictures for
deleting, sending or uploading. They must be
done one at a time.
49. No way to see photo meta data -
dimension, date/time taken, etc
50. Apps are listed alphabetically with no
way to group by category. Can be hard to
find if you don’t remember the name.
51. Calendar scheduler has no weekly view
and monthly view is non-zoomable.
52. No peak/off-peak scheduling for email
53. If both wi-fi and data connection are
available which one it chooses to use is
unpredictable. User experiences don’t agree
with Microsoft that it “typically” choose wi-
fi over 3G.
54. No video call. (Though its available on
55. No haptic feedback for keyboard.
56. No Swype.
57. No flashplayer support.
58. No support for Java apps.
59. No call recording or app to do it.
60. No call blocking or app to do it.
61. No screenshots or app to do it.
62. No auto wallpaper changer and no app to
63. Totally locked down os means apps
which interact directly with hardware not
64. No equalizer for Zune music player.
65. FM radio doesn’t work on speaker.
66. IE browser has no text reflow, no
download capability and no offline reading.
67. No 3rd party browsers allowed except
those based on IE.
68. Volume up/down buttons cannot be used
to zoom in camera (sign of an immature os)
69. Cannot open zip or rar files received as
70. Cannot send or receive video by MMS.
71. Office Mobile has much less features
than 3rd party Office editors like
SmartOffice, QuickOffice and Polaris. Shame
on you, Microsoft!
72. No native Google maps and Bing maps is
useless for most countries outside U.S.
73. Email time stamp does not show the
74. Wide difference in apps availability in
different markets and users locked to one
75. Not all Bing features available outside
DUMB AND DUMBER
76. One volume control for all functions
including media playback, ringtones, alarms,
77. Wi-fi disconnects when screen sleeps.
Too bad if you are in the middle of a
78. If you receive a text message when
talking on the phone an audio alert will blast
your ear at the full volume set. All other
phones will give a soft beep.
79. Can only enter one mobile phone no. for
each contact. Mobile nos. entered in other
fields will not accept sms.
80. Cannot send/receive MMS without
enabling 3G data connection. MMS does not
use 3G data.
81. Phone cannot be charged when off.
82. Need to be plugged in to wall charger to
sync wirelessly (a funny definition of
83. Oversized fonts for headings waste
screen space and result in low information
84. Phone will wake up and display sms
content on lockscreen when locked – a
85. Phone can be rebooted without unlocking
to bypass security lock.
FEATURES EVEN DUMB PHONES HAVE BUT
86. No bluetooth file transfer.
87. Cannot handle USSD codes necessary for
prepaid users to obtain services.
88. Cannot filter call history into Missed
Calls, Received Calls, Dialled Calls, Recent
89. No way to backup or export call history.
90. Cannot show call duration in call history.
91. No way to edit MMS profile to work with
a carrier in the OS. Need an app which is not
available in all markets.
92. Call history does not group calls by
93. Call history does not show the time of
call for calls older than current day.
94. Cannot set custom sounds for different
types of notifications.
95. No ringer profiles.
96. No silent option (no vibrate and no ring)
from ringer menu. Need a trip to settings and
another trip to revert.
97. Cannot send/receive contact as a csv
98. Cannot backup sms to PC.
99. Cannot save contact to SIM card.
100. Cannot change alarm ring tone or use a
101. Cannot set alarm snooze interval.
phone is grand easy a lot of apps very fast got no problems with sync gmail, hotmail and work mail office very handy all u need to do is get apps, change from iphone 2 month already all ok
Every ph is very nice plz remembered that what type of mobile browser data you used.....and nothing more....
Pls is Nokia lumia 800 available in Nigeria? What is the price in Nigeria.
I got this beautiful phone in less than 48 hrs the phone did not switch on... very much disappointed, unlike NOKIA
I haven't had any, but the icon doesn't fit the phone's hardware. People get attracted by graphics, they should have make the best graphics(icons) possible. Example.. the icon of Internet Explorer.. Looks old fashion of IE6. The color combination of every boxes for icons, better if they use other variations and not to stick in blue. Nevertheless, the phone looks exciting to use! :)
haa, 11 Jun 2012hi guys what is scratch resistant glass and gorilla glass???plzzz any one tell me.....Like I dropped my Lumia 800 for 5 times now,it has no screen protector but it doesn't have any scratch...
AnonD-58926, 14 Jun 2012easy to use os than andriod and ios?.. use it for 1 month you will see what the dffnt btween... moreIf thats your definition of a smartphone, then only android is a smartphone. Apple cant transfer files as well. You need to buy apps to do that. Not all of us use the phone lika a PC. For the usual day to day stuff, WP does the job with flying colors. I have tried iOS, Android and WP. WP fits my day to day needs perfectly. For other stuff, I use my Android.
is nokia lumina 800 work like pc?is its windows work same like pc? is microsoft office there in it? can i use it instead of computer?
easy to use os than andriod and ios?..
use it for 1 month you will see what
the dffnt btween thm..
lumia only offer fresh dsign..
but it is not a smartphone..
it is a socialmediaphone only..
smartphone can transfer any files in any
dvice for file sharing..
and manage it whatever you want..
if you own lumia just on pc or laptap to mange the files on you lumia..
why so many "NO" on this Lumia smartphone ?
JAVA........... NO !
SECONDARY CAMERA......... NO !
MEMORY CARD SLOT.......... NO !
DivX XviD video SUPPORT......... NO !
working BLUETOOTH........ NO !
REPLACEABLE BATTERY........ NO !
I really want nokia to be a bigshot cellphone company again but unless they let windows and Sambian go and go for Android (as i dont think apple is giving IOS to any1) nokia will die :S
ajay, 12 Jun 2012I just got nokia lumi 800 few days back..I regret that I didn't done some background research ... moreSo you just bought thephone without looking it up? How stupid is that? BTW you can see download progress in the appdrawer as well as in the Marketplace.
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2012wow a walking Samsung Advertisement... How much did they pay for this crap?He is actually right and it doesn't require a genius to come up with this conclusion, the Lumia 800 is pretty good in terms of speed, the iPhone is the same as for Android it's fully customizable but very open source that it's scary, my bro ROOTED his nexus and he can access my facebook using his phone without having my password or my permission just because I have another android phone and on the same WI-FI.
I am getting a Lumia 800 soon and we'll see how much of a difference it is to move from One X to Lumia 800...
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2012wow a walking Samsung Advertisement... How much did they pay for this crap?Samsung galaxy nexus is really good, I am using Sony ericsson Xperia Neo V but I just Can't resist how good Dalaxy nexus is, specially it Exceptional design
I just got nokia lumi 800 few days back..I regret that I didn't done some background research before deciding to buy lumia 800..following are the reasons.
Not able to transfer contacts..I had Nokia e71 with 500 contact list, LUMIA 800 didn't connect with e71..I did software upgrade on E71 still the issue..lumia simply won't connect to e71..fibally I took my lumia800 AS as well as e71 to nokia store, the dealer was kind enough and he knew this problem..Immediately he used some latest phone to transfer contacts from e71 to x6 and then to lumia 800..but still I am not able to back up my messages from old phone.. Lumia 800 won't support bluetooth file transfers..grr..then software usability is very bad..very few applications..to enable disable features you will go through hell lot of scenarios which is not good for smart phone. downloading and installing applications also not easy...I configured my gmail account on the phone but the phone won't syncronize with m.google.com server..gives some protocol error..however it connects with yahoo.. Biggest pain is applications installation..doesn't provide what is status of download..so you never know how much application has been downloaded..This is a shame on calling itslf a smart phone..its barely even a phone..