my nokia lumia 800 can't pair bluetooth connection with other device advice pls.
I can here that Lumia is getting more and more popular...but as I have read the specs above, I wonder if this will last on its popularity sooner or later.
This phone needs an app to filter incoming calls.
It's the only reason I haven't bought a Lumia 800 yet.
I've had it in all my phones, from the cheapest ones to the most expensive, like iPhone 4 (hate the battery!).
101 Reasons and Facts Why Not to Buy Nokia Lumia Phones with Windows Phone 7.5 Mango OS
1. No true multitasking - apps are frozen in the background.
2. No Divx/Xvid video codec support. Zune will convert with loss of quality.
3. No mass storage mode.
4. No micro-SD card support.
5. Only support up to 16GB storage .
6. No filemanager. Directory system is totally opaque.
7. Need Zune to transfer files. Zune will only transfer photos, videos & music. All other files need to email/upload to yourself.
8. Your contact details are automatically uploaded to cloudservice whether you like it or not.
9. Limited to 800x480 resolution.
10. No wi-fi hotspot. (Has to arrive with Tango Update)
11. Cannot use any MP3 file as ringtone except those with strict constraints.
12. Cannot set static IP address so no connection to ad-hoc networks.
13. No VPN support for this “corporate enterprise” phone.
14. Cannot sync with Outlook.
15. Totally closed OS, cannot sideload apps outside MS Marketplace.
16. System font size cannot be changed.
17. Images and photos cannot be renamed in the phone.
18. Windows Live ID account cannot change country once set.
19. No centralized notification page.
20. Alarm clock cannot work when phone is turned off. All Nokia Symbian and Meego phones can do this.
21. The idle screen is completely blank and cannot display time ornotifications.
22. Only photos allowed as emailattachments, documents not allowed.
23. Bluetooth cannot stream to car audio devices (no rSAP).
24. Cannot stream audio from video to Bluetooth devices (No A2DP).
25. No support for full on-device encryption required for secure applications like mobile bankingand online payment.
26. Cannot use Bluetooth keyboard.
27. Cannot silence ringtone or alarm by flipping the phone.
28. Very limited customization option.
29. Ugly 2D flat interface. Oversized fonts for headings treat you like an idiot.
30. No always visible status bar for battery life, signal strength, carrier, 2G/3G wi-fi, Bluetooth on.
31. Taskmanager has no option to shut down apps you don’t want running in the background.
32. Search and Back button cannot be de-activated in apps or games and easily touched by accident which interrupt your user experience.
33. Lockscreen need to be activated to show missed call/sms notification.
34. No way to close an app except pressing back button all the way to the first screen.
35. Tiny fonts in messages is veryhard to read for those over 45.
36. Cannot edit playlist or create new playlists from phone.
37. Cannot delete a song from phone.
38. Cannot search your music collection on the phone.
39. Cannot close music player, can only pause. Music player on lockscreen will stay until you reboot.
40. No progress bar for current track playing and no indication which track in an album is playing
41. Cannot lock screen orientation.
42. Online and phone contacts are mixed together with no ability to filter.
43. Cumbersome dialing with no smartdial. No way to create a ‘Favourites’ list of phone contacts
44. Cannot save draft sms messages.
45. Call history only show phone number type. If a contact has multiple phone nos. for a type the number used is unknown.
46. Cannot recognize phone numbers in sms or email to save or use as calling number.
47. Text messages can only be deleted one by one.
48. Cannot select multiple pictures for deleting, sending oruploading. They must be done one at a time.
49. Notification for recurring events is only given once and none thereafter.
50. Apps are listed alphabeticallywith no way to group by category. Can be hard to find if you don’t remember the name.
51. Calendar scheduler has no weekly view and monthly view is non-zoomable.
52. No peak/off-peak scheduling for email downloads.
53. If both wi-fi and data connection are available which one it chooses to use is unpredictable. User experiences don’t agree with Microsoft that it “typically” choose wi-fi over 3G.
54. No video call. (Though its available on Lumia 900)
55. No haptic feedback for keyboard.
56. No Swype.
57. No flashplayer support.
58. No support for Java apps.
59. No call recording or app to do it.
60. No call blocking or app to do it.
61. No screenshots or app to do it.
62. No auto wallpaper changer and no app to do it.
63. Totally locked down os means apps which interact directly with hardware not allowed.
64. No equalizer for Zune music player.
65. FM radio doesn’t work on speaker.
66. IE browser has no text reflow, no download capability and no offline reading.
67. No 3rd party browsers allowed except those based on IE.
68. No built-in pdf file reader, need to buy app.
69. Cannot open zip or rar files received as email attachment.
70. Cannot send or receive videoby MMS.
71. Office Mobile has much less features than 3rd party Office editors like SmartOffice, QuickOffice and Polaris. Shame on you, Microsoft!
72. No native Google maps and Bing maps is useless for most countries outside U.S.
73. Email time stamp does not show the year.
74. Wide difference in apps availability in different markets and users locked to one market.
75. Not all Bing features available outside U.S.
DUMB AND DUMBER
76. One volume control for all functions including media playback, ringtones, alarms, notifications.
77. Wi-fi disconnects when screen sleeps. Too bad if you arein the middle of a download.
78. If you receive a text messagewhen talking on the phone an audio alert will blast your ear at the full volume set. All other phones will give a soft beep.
79. Can only enter one mobile phone no. for each contact. Mobile nos. entered in other fields will not accept sms.
80. Cannot send/receive MMS without enabling 3G data connection. MMS does not use 3G data.
81. Phone cannot be charged when off.
82. Need to be plugged in to wall charger to sync wirelessly (afunny definition of wireless).
83. Volume up/down buttons cannot operate when screen is off.
84. Phone will wake up and display sms content on lockscreen when locked – a privacy violation.
85. Phone can be rebooted without unlocking to bypass security lock.
FEATURES EVEN DUMB PHONES HAVE BUT WP7.5 DOESN’T
86. No bluetooth file transfer.
87. Cannot handle USSD codes necessary for prepaid users to obtain services.
88. Cannot save new contacts from call history.
89. Cannot sms contacts from callhistory.
90. Cannot show call duration in call history.
91. Cannot delete individual callsin call history.
92. Call history does not group calls by contact.
93. Call history does not show the time of call for calls older than current day.
94. Cannot set custom sounds fordifferent types of notifications.
95. No ringer profiles.
96. No silent option (no vibrate and no ring).
97. Cannot send/receive contact as a csv file.
98. Cannot backup sms to PC.
99. Cannot save contact to SIM card.
100. Cannot change alarm ring tone or use a MP3 file.
101. Cannot set alarm snooze interval.
Should i buy this phone? Is it good for intrnet? How bout the wifi? Any sugestion?
lumia 800, 13 May 2012i like the way that nokia is changing the way of market and show some innovative idea. Battery backup is too low. We need to use as PC I.e always should connect for charge.
any truth in this?
I changed my mind and buy Nokia 808 instead if this is the case with wp phones,please let me know.
http://www.youtube.com/user/nokiaindiaofficial?v=KOua9N9PRPE everyone should watch this specially android and iphone fanboys
i like the way that nokia is changing the way of market and show some innovative idea.
Great device, really good design, feels good in hand and gives well finished experience.
AnonD-52980, 11 May 2012hi i want to get a mob around or above 20 k. I had almost finalized Motorola Atrix 2. But also... morebetter go for motorola dude!..motorola are the best in the world..this one,is single core..
Sandra, 11 May 2012Does Nokia 800 have Hotspot features?Nope but they say it will be available on the next firmware update
natsir, 07 May 2012how to use find my phonehttps://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1336741637&rver=6.1.6195.0&wp=MBI&wreply=https:%2F%2Fwww.windowsphone.com%2Fen-IN%2Ffind&lc=16393&id=268289
luidi32, 10 May 2012Not necessarily. I was talking yesterday about it with some nokia seller, he told me the same ... moreActually i spoke with Nokia AND Microsoft reps yesterday (i get that chance cause i work in the biggest telecom company in my country) and both said that currently there is absolutely NO information about an update to WP8. It all depends on what aspects of WP8 will the current hardware of the phones support. But one thing is sure...WP8 apps will be ported to WP7.5 and even if WP8 update won't be available for Lumia 610, 710, 800,900 then the phones will still receive updates and will be updated to as close as possible to WP8.
hi i want to get a mob around or above 20 k. I had almost finalized Motorola Atrix 2. But also want to know smthng about lumia 800 as i loved the sleek design of lumia 800 over Atrix 2.specs say atrix 2 is dual core.is lumia single core or dual core? atrix 2 is having front cam but lumia 800 is very dissapointment here no front cam ( bcoz the phone is too costly at 25000 INR so should had a front cam) what is advantage of buying windows over Android ICS? both the mob have 8 MP. atrix 2 got larger 4.3 inches Im quite confused Atrix 2 is real cheap at 22k. is Lumia 800 worth of 25k? i got a review link of Atrix 2 i am so impressed http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=OhRz6UCm7hQ so pls clear my queries
howz the music experience on lumIA 800.....???
i came to know that it does not have the equalizer in music player, even not that audio settings application.
is it true?
howz the sound quality???