1.No front camera
2.No bluetooth file transfer
3.No dual core processor.
4.No adobe flash support
5.No better battery life
THEN, HOW IT IS BETTER THAN GALAXY S II ?
Creative studio app for Lumias with Panorama at marketplace.Enhanced Panorama mode integration with Lumia camera to come soon,says Damian Dinning!!
andywt, 12 Mar 2012U need to download zune software in ur PC, then u can transfer files from ur phone to ur PCYou can ONLY send photos, Mp3 and video to the phone - no other file types!!
no secondary camera?very disaapointment and verd experiance with nokia touch series
it does nt support downloading media file like mp3 .can i call it smartphone?
AnonD-24476, 11 Mar 2012After the recent update how is the battery back up guys? has it really increased by 3 times? M... moreBattery life improved. It can last more than 1 day. The improvement was only felt since 15 mar 2012 ie 2 days ago.
looks interesting with the features but all touch screens are problematic
Smoked by Nokia 808 PureView.
Wow, I am surprised about the comments about this phone. So much that I thought people are talking about an iOS clone, seeing the restrictions.
Before buying this device consider the following 4 annoying "features":
1. Phone hangs up while in call. Maybe due to design fault as the proximity sensor is in the top right corner which may occasionally go outside your year (if you are right handed), screen flashes and because it is close to your face just hangs up. Particularly annoying.
2. Phone switches itself off and remains non-responding for about 30 seconds. After that you can switch it back on. 4-6 times/week.
3. While switching on/off wireless, it may occasionally freeze, needs a proper restart with holding down the power button for over 10 seconds.
4. One would need a diploma to dial a number from the phone book. This is how it is done: Click on Phone, Then The small Book Icon, Then Search, Then type the name, Then click the name, Then select call or TXT... (Did you think that you can dial a person you have called before simply by going into history, Yes!, you can, but if for the past 30 minutes there were 10 calls with one and the same person, these are not grouped; scrolling down must be your second nature.)
4. Sending files - Get back to reality! Only Photos are allowed.You can, though send a DOC file: open SkyDrive, Find the file, download it to your phone(this is reasonable) then share... via email. One file allowed only, Sorry! It might be faster to find an internet Cafe, especially if you have more files to send.
PS: I can assure you there are a few more things that seemed to be annoying at times, just like the amount of time you need to save a contact, change some settings or simply use the calendar. I was looking forward to this device with great anxiety. But cannot explain how much regret buying it, already sold it, though, got back to android device.
ARUN, 16 Mar 2012Hi Everybody... I Bought the Lumia 800 a month back and here are my comments :
1. The first 1... moreCONT....
2. The latest update on the software (1600.2487.8107.12070) has made a world of difference.
I am NOt going to dwell on the problems I HAD BUT will only talk of the problems that persist :
3. The BIGGEST irritant is that this phone cannot be programmed to NOT receive the mail (say) between 11 pm and 6 am. Since there is no control, it will keep notifying you even at midnight spoiling your sleep UNLESS you EVERYNIGHT turn the mail off !!! This is on single biggest irritant for me.
4. If we send multiple sms , the receipt will show delivered but it will only give the number and NOT the persons name. For that you will have to click the number !!!!
5. There is no LOG on this phone. After you make a call you will not be able to find out how much time you talked !!!
6. The Mail and SMS notifications cannot be customised and the available alerts are very faint.
7. Google Maps does not function on the phone.
8.One cannot delete the recent calls log….I mean it deletes in the calls list BUT does not delete in PEOPLE RECENT TILES.
I do hope NOKIA takes come corrective stand soon on this .....All in All the phone really rocks !!
Hi Everybody... I Bought the Lumia 800 a month back and here are my comments :
1. The first 15 days was a pain getting used to the phone and its peculiar problems. Also dealing with some idiots at the NOKIA CARE CENTRE who have no clue abot some of the features.
Viber is in development, so yes.
Lumia series is the first time ever that
Nokia not only was not the best
cameraphone, but it actually
regressed. If you like your
cameraphone, you are better off
buying a 1 year old N8 than any of
the brand new Lumia phones. The N8
was so good, that the first side-by-side
test with HTC's Titan II - with a 16mp
camera, and the N8 produced better
pictures. That is Nokia knowhow! And
Lumia? Abandons it all.