Anonymous, 10 Aug 2012Not at allBetter than any phones.use it and say.dont see comment.
My experience with Nokia Lumia is a never ending daily struggle and I regret the fateful decision of ordering a Lumia 800 in December last year. My experiences / issues:
1. The first model received had issues with battery longevity. After a week, Nokia replaced this model with a new one.
2. The new model still had lingering issues with battery longevity. Nokia issued an update that was supposed to fix the problem. However, instead of fixing the issue, it led to a worsening of the issue. First visit to Nokia Care.
3. All is well for couple of months. Suddenly, one fine day Lumia's screen freezes. The issue is discussed at http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Freezing-issue-with-Lumia-800/td-p/1271733. Another visit to Nokia care.
4. Nokia returns the set claiming that the problem is fixed (however, no explanation of what the problem was and what the fix was). Used the set for two weeks, and again the problem resurfaces and the screen freezes. Another visit to Nokia care in the offering.
Apart from the above, there are number of issues that made me realize how I used to take the absence of the issues for granted in other sets. For example,
1. Intermittent automatic reboots once / twice every 3-4 weeks of usage. It seems that the phone has brain of its own and realizes that it is hosting a Windows OS so a reboot is customary.
2. When ending a call, Lumia will take almost 2-3 minutes before allowing me to the opportunity to redial.
3. USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) does not work, denying me the easy way to check my prepaid balance. Now the only way is to call the Service Providers IVR and go thru the multi-hop mennu system to get the same information.
4. Every update of the OS/firmware release by Nokia wipes my data on the phone, no matter how minor the update. This even includes all the apps that I would have downloaded.
There are a number of other minor quirks, that I am now willing to overlook - thanks to the issues mentioned above. However, one thing is certain, I am not trying any new Nokia and Windows mobile for the foreseeable future.
rahin, 10 Aug 2012which platform is best symbian or windows? suggest me ...quick ...obviously windows..
rahin, 10 Aug 2012which platform is best symbian or windows? suggest me ...quick ...I am happy with Windows...
I find that the battery of the new Lumia does not live u to the expectation, One has to charge this phone every 5 hours despite the fact that I had charged it for 16 hours prior to usage. What could be the problem?
what is an supported application for nokia lumia 800 camera viewer software
nokia lumia 800 is a great fon even now with the new long lasting battery life, internet sharing and dlna features installed through the updates from nokia and microsoft. hence gsmarena has to update the full specification for this phone!
i liked this phone becuz of its appearance and windows os with powerful processer. But later i realised that this phone is good for nothing. It doesnt even hav features like bluetooth ftp , card slot, secondary camera, cannot choose ringtones of our favourite mp3's. I think Micro sim feature is the horrible :D .. If i hav to buy my next phone than it will be only android or ios. Nokia wil probably clean out their offices if they continue making stupid phones like lumia. Bye bye nokia,, and come back only when u r with android understand :) may god bless..
Nokia is going to release blutoth 4 file transfer between two device 4 lumia.
This phone or any new windows phone do not have Bluetooth sharing. it is only present for wireless ear phones..so lumia 800 or other window phone is not made for sharing data through blutooth....!!! Just clear every thing before buy any product..!!
Am having difficulty in connecting to the internet using Wifi.. I had to connect it always through Zune while cable in place, can you please advise??
i thought nokia lumia 800 will be a great phone. I was thinking of buying it but when i saw my friends who bought it and than crying i made myself and bought my new nokia n8. I m so happy dat i made a right choice. But still i feel pitty for u all who purchased nokia lumia. Hopeless we even need to cut our sim card. Certainly i feel dat nokia has gone crazy by adapting windows. And i think dat the company wil die soon but thanx nokia u left me with n8. I m so happy wit it :)