Hell GSM Arena,what can v do, pls call nokia to improve battery life. Lumia facing battery problm.
subhro, 31 Dec 2012Hello all, i am planning to buy this phone. I see most of the review are based on 3G performan... moreNokia recently introduced serveral now Models of Lumia but the major drop downm down is with the battery ,,, The battery back up is pathetic.....,
I use Nokia Lumia 800 in which the battery is worst.,.,.,.
According to Nokia no gorilla glass
Nokia, pliz do something to improved the battery issue on this phone.
Also, don't forget Master Gorilla’s security guard frm accidental falls.
Good features, nice users friendly designed with replaceable battery & SD Card slot.
but net browsing / video playback Battery short life issue has spoilt my interest on this handset.
Most afforadable 5" screen, quality smartphone like Micromax A110 ,A101/ galaxy grand are best for reading ebooks,FB, G+,Tw etc.
Lumia 920 & 820 wouldn't be affordable by most youngs.
Great lost !
Here's my experience with the phone :
1) surfing the browser : Very good browser (IE10). Does not have flash support but one of the best mobile browsers there is, battery life will be 4 to 6 hours of browsing, especially since it uses a white background with uses up battery on AMOLED displays. Also available is UC browser which is a very good browser with a dim (night) mode.
2) battery life while watching any video : you should get around 5-6 hours worth of battery life. Standby battery life is good, especially on 2G Network, its better than most androids and will last you usually from morning to evening most days with moderate use.
3) also will it be still dependent on Zune for file transfer : No it doesnt depend on Zune, simply connect to ur pc with Mass Storage mode. You should know that the SD card only supports media files like video, music and pictures, no other use of the sd card is supported, you cant install apps there either.
4) bluetooth compatiility with other phones ? Very good, working with all my accessories and phones, However, I am no able to get NFC to work.
5) i hear no radio as well , but i get that from all mixed opinions : No FM radio, rumor is that the hardware is there and will be activated via a future update, not present out of the box.
6) call rejection with sms? : Will be available as part of a future update which has rolled out in North America but will come to the rest of the world in February 2013.
7) is there an option to record calls ? No. A walkaround is to use speakerphone and an audio recording software, but the results are poor. In-mic recording is not available.
Hello all, i am planning to buy this phone. I see most of the review are based on 3G performance. I wanted to know if any one has checked the battery performance and everything on a 2g network. 3G in India is yet to be fully developed in terms of network facility. My basic requirements are:
1) surfing the browser
2) battery life while watching any video
3) also will it be still dependent on Zune for file transfer
4) bluetooth compatiility with other phones ?
5) i hear no radio as well , but i get that from all mixed opinions
6) call rejection with sms?
7) is there an option to record calls ?
thanks and regards
Wish you all Happy and prosperous new year.
Has anyone here successfully used NFC with the Lumia 820? I have tried it with all NFC accessories I have like headsets/tags and phones but find no evidence of working NFC in my Lumia 820.
Could you explain me that 820's camera performance is good? compare with 920
Please people I will get a Lumia but am not sure whether to get the 820 or 920. So please tell me is the 820 better not only by price but as a whole than the 920?
bro, Wdp8 OS might increases consumers tasted in 2013,
its Application numbers has crossing 3 lakhs marks within this 2 Years period.
many peoples eagerly waiting for more affordable choice of wdp 8 smartphone from Nokia ,Samsung, HTC, Huawei etc etc... in 2013.