Hi all, after one month of hands on, here's my thoughts on Lumia 900:
1. Solid, I fumbled it when I was climbing on a staircase and it was dropping off my shirt's pocket and flipping and keeping rolling over for ten stairs. It has some bumps but really nothing happens with internals.
2. Screen is big enough, fits my hands well and I can reach anywhere with my left or right hand
3. Fast, it is very responsive to touch and the action was never late.
4. Reception and voice is good, and the ringtones are great.
5. Top banner update, cool. You can touch it and directly move to that program
6. I like Zune better than Itunes. It was easier to navigate and utilize Zune. And I like it was synch back my phone to computer. Itunes doesn't do that. I don't know how to synch my camera rolls pics from ipad/iphone to computer.
7. Not so many programs in Windows such as no instagram, no facebook (somehow it says not suitable for my phone).
Something hopefully corrected:
1. when you have update from whatsapp or other chat program (new messages, etc), you get only beep and couple of seconds of notifications on top banner. But, it doesnt stick to it so if I left it for a while, I don't know which program was beeping.
2. SIM extraction module is bad, hard to use it.
3. Camera is good, but the white balance was bad.
4. The battery might not last as long as you want, but it's acceptable to re-charge once a day on active play.
5. The internet sharing was not really good, hope it will be fixed in Win 7.8.
At the end, it was almost all about software, but as a hardware, this is what I call a reliable cell phone, and smart as it is.
AnonD-4863, 18 Nov 2012I just received my Lumia 900 yesterday here in Pangasinan, although the other os is fine, usin... moreHey there buddy! Where did you bought that Lumia 900 in the Philippines? I bought an Xperia S recently and I want to buy L900 too but i didn't think that the prices justified the single-core Nokia phone. Can you tell me where you bought that (I hope cheaply)?? Many thanks =)
I just received my Lumia 900 yesterday here in Pangasinan, although the other os is fine, using the wp7.5 on single core is awesome unlike some future proof device that are announce can handle the next version without issue, they're lying ... Single core wp7 vs. Single core Other OS,.. clear winner single core wp7... in user experience, you know what i mean... Mabuhay Lumia
Guys please help..Can the Nokia Authorized Personnel replace the Non-user replaceable battery of this Nokia Lumia 900? Or the battery is stuck forever?
jACK, 15 Nov 2012As far as i know X BOX is not yet available in our region (Philippines ) So no need to downloa... moreIf it was not available in the region, the marketplace should have warned so, but it didn't. Like when I tried downloading 'angry birds' from the US Marketplace, the marketplace said it was not available in the region. But for the xbox games I tried to download, there was no warning like that.
John, 13 Nov 2012How to download xbox games in marketplace?To John and jACK:
I just typed 'xbox' to search on games. Mostly are published by Microsoft Studios. Some from Glu and Electronic Arts. I'm not sure if there are other publishers and what ate their names.
And I already have an xbox account I set up just last month. And my location as recorded is Philippines. I don't know if Microsoft is just starting to roll out this feature, but since some Xbox games are already available on Philippine Marketplace, I believe it should have worked already.
Hope the next update will fix this issue.
I was trying this handset. It´s great!
Habib, 06 Nov 2012You may buy any on between samsung galaxy SII and Lumia 900. It depends on you demand. s2 is far far better! and why they refused to go withy android , because elop the person who destroyed nokia under the name of ceo was for 4 years an employee for microsoft which destroyed nokia with useless windows phone in favor of microsoft!
John, 13 Nov 2012How to download xbox games in marketplace?If its available in your region you can download it If not you cannot. you cannot even see the x box icon in your screen if its not available in your country.
Zyvvilla, 11 Nov 2012i tried downloading some xbox apps from the marketplace to my phone (lumia 900), but NONE of t... moreAs far as i know X BOX is not yet available in our region (Philippines ) So no need to download x box games.
saurabh, 02 Oct 2012Same problem Can't get it connected to Zune Only charges Even disabled laptop's firewall &... moreTo me nokia is the best constructor of all around the world i had thn nokia classic 2700 is very solid and it last me more than 2 years it even falls in a bucket of water it still function well after about 30 minuts i 'm crazy for nokia my best constructor mobile. Only what i want nokia to do for me it s to make a nokia with the same size of the lumia 900 with 2 GB Ram and 8 GB up to 64 gigs Who run java,ois,symbyan because i very very like the design of the lumia 900 to me it's the best design ever made on any phone. From wade
i tried downloading some xbox apps from the marketplace to my phone (lumia 900), but NONE of them worked. actually, they dont even show to be in collection. However, when i try to re-intsall it, marketplace says it's "in collection".. help please.. im from the philippines. and my phone was bought here..
Coto, 10 Nov 2012RealyI have recently purchased Nokia Lumia 900 model, the specification are use full to handle the professional's requirement
petkammy, 09 Nov 2012Some sites tells it support JAVA? But here you gave no java support????? Realy