this phone looks pretty good! I want to know its price in us dollars pls.
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2012no memory slot and built in memory just 8gb... funny for windows phone 8gb is memory is nothin... moreIt is 16 gigs internal plus 7 free gigs via a cloud service called skydrive. You can upgrade that service to 25 gigs.
I have had the Nokia Lumia for almost a month now, using it as a daily driver. First off:
1. Battery Life: Insanely good. I chat on facebook, text, call, and have two emails on push. Using the built in Social hub and just doing normal use, I easily get almost two days from the battery. You have to watch third party apps and how they run in the background in order to get this kind of life. Just fyi. Even using Navigation for three hours, I still get a full days worth of battery.
2. Offline navigation: Nokia maps is not as user friendly as google maps. However, with the different apps on it for maps, Nokia maps can be completely offline. Meaning you download the maps and then you can use gps even when you don't have a signal. It is concise, and simple and works well.
3. Sound: Very loud and crisp. Even the mics for video capture sound very well and process it without any excess. I think this is a strong point.
4. Display: Ok, I know it is less resolution than a ton of android phones. You don't normally notice it though. The screen is very vibrant and the colors are sharp and crisp. I actually am more please to look on this screen than my HTC vivid. amazing display.
5. Speed: Using the native apps, the phone functions fluidly and moves with a purpose. The coding of some third party apps makes it harder if they are not done right, and it creates a bit of hesitation.
6. Windows OS: amazing. It is a step in the right direction. Clean, simple, and it takes a bit of getting used to. Once you do though, I think a ton of people will enjoy the fresh look. Keyboard is awesome and does very well. voice Input is accurate, but I think needs more updating. Live tiles is a really good alternative to a notification bar.
7. Windows 8? Well the 900 will only get 7.8. Which is the windows 8 start screen, all the stuff that will work from windows 8 put on the nokia. That includes built in skype, more custom colors. There is not a HUGE change between 7 and 8. And apps will be designed for mango for a long time. DEvelopers will ensure the apps can be used on both platforms, and according to developers, will take little to no time to switch the app from windows 7 to 8. Just to share this info.
8 Summary: A great addition to the ecosystem of smartphones, designed for the person that wants a little simplicty and still stay in touch with all the social media. Zune does a great job of adding a sub service, and nokias customer support is amazing. For the price, it is unbeatable.
i can not get arabic language ont lumia 900 ? why ? very needed on social networks and web ...
Anonymous, 14 Oct 2012hi this is darwishco from egypy, please help me where can i find-purchase this phone in egypt... moreit is not present in egypt yet, i found it in kuwait city with about 3000 pounds
hi this is darwishco from egypy, please help me
where can i find-purchase this phone in egypt or the middle ease region
I hate this windows phone. This is my 3rd one and still have to restart before every single phone call. why did I not get an iphone?
no memory slot and built in memory just 8gb... funny for windows phone 8gb is memory is nothing...nokia must concentrate upon this point....thatsy nokia is behind in the race of cellular world...bkzzz droid phone are providing both memories and mostly thier mobiles can be open from back for battery replacement,,,nokia u should do the sameeee..........
Ozair, 10 Oct 2012Does it have SMS rejection for incomming call. Yes it has
nokia forget somethings in it, one is memory slot, nokia n8 having 16 gb inbuilt and 32 gb expandable,and 12 mp cam.why dont they give these features to other costly phones. And ram, most smart phones r came with 1.2ghz processor,1gb ram. But nokia dont have a 1gb ram. Nokia....... This is the time to change.... Release xtreme phones get the market. I am a nokia fan, but now i dont like any nokia phones exept n8. But it doesnt have 1ghz procesror, 1gb ram,accelometer,nfc,android/windows, i like it ,beause of cam & memory.
If any body ask me to choose a nokia smart phone ,i go for n8. No other phones.
I NEED A NOKIA PHOHNE HAVING ALL OUTSTANDING FEATURES LIKE 1.2GHZ PRO,1GB RAM,12MP CAM WITH DUAL LED FLASH,16 GB INBUILT,64GB EXPAND,TV OUT,PENDRIVE SUPPORT(N8),3G,WIFI,NFC,BLUETOOTH,3.5MM AUDIO JACK,TOUCH SCREEN,A GOOD GRAPHIC CARD,RAM,ROM. NOKIA.......CAN YOU MADE THIS..... OR WE NEED TO GO FOR ANY OTHER PHONE.ANY OTHER COMPANY. Decide you ......
bbyelfnt, 30 Sep 2012i'm in the stage in wanting to buy lumia 900. should i go for this or another brand?well...in few weeks time nokia 920 will be out..so why dont you hold on for few more weeks..since its going to run windows 8...the luima 900 will not be upgraded to 8...the far it would reach is 7.8.
so you are better off wait for the 920 which most likely will be out be frist week of novmber.
very nice phone,with HSDPA up to 42MBPS and 1.4Ghz processor.kudoz for Nokia this time.
bye lumia 900, 05 Oct 2012bye lumnia 900 hello acro s.I have this phone almost a month, its not a good phone even a nice... moreI have both Acro S and Lumia 900 Honestly, But I find Lumia 900 much joy to use.
bye lumnia 900 hello acro s.I have this phone almost a month, its not a good phone even a nice phone. its too slow and i can't connect to zune and even wifi.If your planning to buy a nokia phone its better to choose phone lumnia 610. its more fuctional louder and surprisingly mush more crispier photo that lumnia 900, I have lumnia 610 as my secondary phone. If nokia made android phone it may be a big bang.
jACK, 01 Oct 2012Reset your Phone to factory settings. it will resolve all your problem. Good Luck Buddynice mobile*********
saurabh, 02 Oct 2012Same problem Can't get it connected to Zune Only charges Even disabled laptop's firewall &... moreDear, Uninstall other video softwares from your laptop like powerdvd, realplayer, quick time and itunes, also pc suite and nokia connectivity drivers, then re in stall zune. I tried this yesterday on My phone and it connected.