OK, Lumia could happily survived without Google maps,but what about other wdph8 OEMs with poor bing maps ??
So sad, no more Google maps support to Window OS.
Latest info about release of Lumia 920 in india is 11th Jan... This time look trust able... i hope so...
f9, 06 Jan 2013i feel shame on people who are saying android is best and try to compare the techno specs of n... moreLumia920 is the world best phone till now and no other phone has as masny feature that this phone have and android phone can compare to this phone this phone is present and future one word U can say that amzing and awsome
sanbin24, 06 Jan 2013Google has started stopping it's access on windows phone what do u say..?? I mean to say that... moreIt is really cheap business tactics. Its like Microsoft stating that office document will only be opened by Microsoft office, this can have adverse effects on Google.
sanbin24, 06 Jan 2013Google has started stopping it's access on windows phone what do u say..?? I mean to say that... moreMy friend please make a study properly. Google gets its revenue from ads not from the OS, the services you mentioned are also free and these cannot be stopped by Google as they fetch revenue by displaying ads in them. It doesn't matter to them what OS they are displayed on. They might stop the services temporarily but they will work out soon. As for the maps service, chill, they have already given a statement that they are working on it and as the WP Eco system grows, they will eventually make apps also. They where kicked out from iOS as well, what happened?They made a separate app. No need to get hyper. As for staying updated, i follow, arstechinca, engadget, verge and slashgear day in and day out. The moment they are updated, the moment I get the notification. The only time I miss is when I sleep. Peace :)
Nokia Lumia won 12 awards, now dont tell me this isn't the best phone..
TheApprentice, 06 Jan 2013The Eco system that was started 2 yrs ago was of WP7. Which had a CE kernel. It was a desperat... moreGoogle has started stopping it's access on windows phone what do u say..??
I mean to say that the windows phone users will not be able to access ''GMAIL, GOOGLE MAPS, SEARCH ENGINE, YOU TUBE AND EVEN MORE'' in future.
Just be updated my fren..
What does Microsoft has for alternatives..??
tito73, 05 Jan 2013if nokia would have chosen android now it would have been in the position of Samsung ! the first!!Dear friend, although I use a dozen of android gadgets, I can far see that android days are now numbered IMHO - same fate as symbian. There will be better alternatives to take over soon, since open-source is now exposed for its flaws & shortcomings, especially the fragmentation nightmare it taught us to live with!
Anybody who badmouths MS/WP must first use WP for a few days (not at store for few minutes). Then if he/she returns disappointed with most of the stuff, he/she has full rights to bash WP for its flaws. Bashing WP without even first living with it is I would say plain stupid and mis-leading for other potential buyers. Remember - no OS can be perfect and moreover its about personal tastes/preferences! Thank you!
f9, 06 Jan 2013i feel shame on people who are saying android is best and try to compare the techno specs of n... moreThat's true, Android is so buggy. It always feel like beta version. Doesn't matter what Android phone you have from G1 to Nexus 4, they are much more buggy than iPhones and WP8
lumia 920, took too much time to come here in india, this late launch will cost a lot to nokia.
i feel shame on people who are saying android is best and try to compare the techno specs of nokia and android, you find that android is experimenting on mobie phones and most of its mobile phones are worst in operation and worst of it is that the system software and applications sucks data bundles every second,i think nokia world and apple are a better world.
Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreHigh end Android use quad-core Cpu and it still slow down after 2-3hours continuously... WP8 not lags or slowdown, yes it have reboots issues same as Android has for year long... but WP8 still 3months old and fix will coming in next 3months...
Also consider this:
- Windows Phone 8 OS is NOT less functional... it made for easy-to-use in best way... yes it need little polish for features and it will fixable with Apollo+ update... Yes it has one built in Web browser IE10 And it works fast and better than chrome in android... there is also had UC browser and Nokia Xpress web browser for WP8... WP8 Sync with any Windows Pc... it supports usb storage mood and also there is app for Windows 8 to make your WP8 and PC good buddies (Auto Sync everything)...
- Windows Phone is not open operating system like Android... but that not means it never have good functional apps... if it true than Android never copy WP app design in there Google play app on phone...
- Games : Yes Windows Phone 8 adds DirectX, That means developers have chance to port PC games to WP8 easily and no other phone os support it... Windows games do not work in Windows Phones as like Mac games do not work in iPhone or iPad... WP8 supports Cx codes (C+ or C++) that mean heavy games soon hit the WP8... WP8 also have Xbox live and it Sync between your WP8-PC-Tab-XBox...
- Android never integration with Windows PC, it only open folders in usb mass storage mode. and USB Mass Storage mode included in WP8 as well... only WP8 truly interget with Windows PC, That mean it allows auto sync of your music, video, photo, contacts, email, office files bad etc... XBox SmartGlass and MS Office app available for Android and ios but it less functional compare to WP8... and WP8 live with Windows ecosystem 24/7... and about PC market never ever shrinks... Yes tab and smart phone market growing fast but it never takes PC place... Android already feel pressure of WP8, So it taking step to avoid Google support for WP8...
- There is no true Android ecosystem... Less than 25% users have jelly bean on there phone... yes android in use in smartwatch, cameras, home electronics, TV's and it required it, cause when they loss smart phone market than the need alternative markets to make money... Yes Sony depending heavily on android, Just imagine Sony using WP8... Xbox and Play Station in one platform... ha ha haa, it only happens in dream...
At last my suggestion is use WP8 atleast 3-4 months before talk about it...
Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreWhich ecosystem? Only stupid games and apps? How about real and useful apps which we all want in tablets and even phones, like a good office (word, power point, excell), lightroom, corel, photoshop etc etc etc? Android will never give us such experience, because it's poor management of resources. So shut up. There are only two real ecosystems now on the market: MS and Apple. Maybe Ubuntu? Android for sure is a bad joke, nothing more.
Marc, 05 Jan 2013WP ecosystem started 2 years ago. Plenty of time to make something bigger than 2-3% market sha... moreThe Eco system that was started 2 yrs ago was of WP7. Which had a CE kernel. It was a desperate attempt to save Nokia. Since MS and Nokia are a big names, it was certain that this step would somehow stabilize nokia's hardware and MS sfotware and it did. Now that both are stable. They are bringing a advanced NT kernel which is better, and that is kernel is extremely new. I also wish it would have been a good choice if Nokia had gone with Android or even given MeeGo a second chance. But oh well, lets hope this works out. For Nokia at least. Least cared about MS and WP. But its a good OS. It will get into good position soon. Its a wait and watch game.
Using android for 2 years and I'm not satisfied, but this time I'm going to WP8.
I agree with you about preferences and I hope Blackberry, Jolla, Tizen, Ubuntu will succeed. I can't wish the same for WP. Why? Because it is created by one of the worst company in last decades: no ethics, bribes, threats, smear campaigns, unfair competition whenever possible (look what they did to Nokia: killed all competing OS's and very possible that Nokia itself will soon join these OS's and for what? Microsoft ambitions?