Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreWhich ecosystem? Only stupid games and apps? How about real and useful apps which we all want in tablets and even phones, like a good office (word, power point, excell), lightroom, corel, photoshop etc etc etc? Android will never give us such experience, because it's poor management of resources. So shut up. There are only two real ecosystems now on the market: MS and Apple. Maybe Ubuntu? Android for sure is a bad joke, nothing more.
Marc, 05 Jan 2013WP ecosystem started 2 years ago. Plenty of time to make something bigger than 2-3% market sha... moreThe Eco system that was started 2 yrs ago was of WP7. Which had a CE kernel. It was a desperate attempt to save Nokia. Since MS and Nokia are a big names, it was certain that this step would somehow stabilize nokia's hardware and MS sfotware and it did. Now that both are stable. They are bringing a advanced NT kernel which is better, and that is kernel is extremely new. I also wish it would have been a good choice if Nokia had gone with Android or even given MeeGo a second chance. But oh well, lets hope this works out. For Nokia at least. Least cared about MS and WP. But its a good OS. It will get into good position soon. Its a wait and watch game.
Using android for 2 years and I'm not satisfied, but this time I'm going to WP8.
I agree with you about preferences and I hope Blackberry, Jolla, Tizen, Ubuntu will succeed. I can't wish the same for WP. Why? Because it is created by one of the worst company in last decades: no ethics, bribes, threats, smear campaigns, unfair competition whenever possible (look what they did to Nokia: killed all competing OS's and very possible that Nokia itself will soon join these OS's and for what? Microsoft ambitions?
Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreSome people like Android, other people prefer WP. Choices, preferences, no OS is better than the other, it's what people prefer! And when people prefer WP and Nokia, that's good. If the whole world would be Android, there wouldn't be any choice any more. Yes, there are people who prefer WP rather than IOS or Android, every OS has it's pro's and cons, just live with it. WP has potential, just the way it is. I have had several phones with different operating systems, so I know the pro's and cons of them. This time I will go for WP8, like many other people.
ethereal, 05 Jan 2013NOKIA will NEVER show up with an android phone. Reason? NOKIA is after an eco-system, which an... moreif nokia would have chosen android now it would have been in the position of Samsung ! the first!!
WP ecosystem started 2 years ago. Plenty of time to make something bigger than 2-3% market share (Samsung's Bada (similar age) did better last quarter without any new models for a long time and promised death. Remember that Microsoft is a huge software company and Samsung is not)
Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreChill WP ecosystem has just started. Give it some time to mature. Neither iOS nor android was complete and perfect when it was launched. Just like these two did MS is trying to keep things simple at first. Though it won't be as open Android but it is never ment to be. So relax, take a chill pill. Get a vacation. Enjoy the world.
google now blocking wp8 access to maps.google.com
shame on u google!!
DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC One X+/DNA, Sony high-end phones, LG Optimus G and so on). These phones are very fast and stable (not like rebooting WP8).
Also consider this:
- Windows Phone 8 OS is less functional than Android (lack of personalization, worse multitasking, worse (and more buggy) data sync with windows PC than with PC-Android, only one (and not the best) web browser...).
- Windows Phone is less open than Android (that means WP apps will be less functional than Android)
- Games - only Windows Phone use DX (and this OS has less than 3% users worldwide) and no, Windows games do not work in Windows Phones. Android and iOS use OpenGL (as well as Play Station and Wii).
- Windows "integration"/ecosystem. This one is one of the funniest WP "advantages": Android has less buggy integration with Windows than Windows Phone :), XBOX integration with WP is incomplete and buggy (oh, and Android has "SmartGlass" too), MS Office "integration" with WP8 is very limited in functionality (and Office is coming to Android too, plus Android has many alternatives already). Remember that PC (notebook/desktop), where Microsoft has very strong position, sales are declining (even with Holiday season and Windows 8). Tablets and smartphones are growing very fast, but Microsoft has almost zero of tablet market (dominated by iPAD and Android) and less than 3% in smartphones (and almost zero growth). Microsoft ecosystem is SHRINKING.
- Now lets talk about Android ecosystem: smartphones (75-80% users worldwide), tablets (around 45% worldwide and growing fast), smartwatch, cameras, home electronics (washing mashines, freezers...), TV's. Linux (Android kernel) is used in personal/gaming (PS) computers, web servers and super computers. Sony is heavily investing in Android smartphones (Play Station and Android "ecosystem" if you like. Watch for PS4). Android ecosystem is GROWING.
NOKIA will NEVER show up with an android phone. Reason? NOKIA is after an eco-system, which android simply doesn't offer. WP8 with its well-executed eco-system is a way to go for NOKIA for now. GO NOKIA!
lumia 920 is a saleman use phone and the market can download to andriod software in the end....
i have prebooked lumia 920 at mobily(nokia priority) trivandrum, delivery promised by jan 15 and offer for first 100 purchase(maybe wireless charging plate)
When nokia launching the android phone. if they not lounching then they are loosing there lots of customers
m.sharaf, 04 Jan 2013I can 't Believe there is peeople who searching for phones other than Android & IOS . Go f... moreWindows phones are far far batter than android.
android phones are slow, most are hanging lots time and battery consumption is main problem.
Now Windows Phones are rocking. gotta HTC 8s. amazing. before also I have used HTC HD 7 with windows phone 7.5. loving it. really amazing.
y google blocking their service on windows phone user??? buz wp8 and wpx x,.. is gng to b a super phone!!! N Google kw dat!!!google forgot d past n dng stupid things like a child!! Microsoft is a real king in os world!! Who need 6m or 8m apps??? Go for android!!! Ha ha ha i think u need one TB memory phone to install all apps!! Ha ha ha !! Choise wise!!!
jbpianist28, 05 Jan 2013Why put quad core in if its only going to put a strain on the phones battery? Just like the ot... morei ve already put the reason in the prev. Post-nokia flagship has to be the best beast of ui,cores,apps(wp store has got now 3 million apps,and nokia is busy updating the collection),camera(thats already proved),music and all other aspects.the flagship wud compete against all(like s3) either when its os and ui are given versatility(wp never intends to so,it only relies on modern ui.personally i like it more than any other ui,save for the jolla sailfish) or when given a lot of sheer power in terms of processing speed(1.7 ghz or more),gpu and battery power ,though its not really needed for improving the os speed,but for some heavy apps and games.