Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreChill WP ecosystem has just started. Give it some time to mature. Neither iOS nor android was complete and perfect when it was launched. Just like these two did MS is trying to keep things simple at first. Though it won't be as open Android but it is never ment to be. So relax, take a chill pill. Get a vacation. Enjoy the world.
google now blocking wp8 access to maps.google.com
shame on u google!!
DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC One X+/DNA, Sony high-end phones, LG Optimus G and so on). These phones are very fast and stable (not like rebooting WP8).
Also consider this:
- Windows Phone 8 OS is less functional than Android (lack of personalization, worse multitasking, worse (and more buggy) data sync with windows PC than with PC-Android, only one (and not the best) web browser...).
- Windows Phone is less open than Android (that means WP apps will be less functional than Android)
- Games - only Windows Phone use DX (and this OS has less than 3% users worldwide) and no, Windows games do not work in Windows Phones. Android and iOS use OpenGL (as well as Play Station and Wii).
- Windows "integration"/ecosystem. This one is one of the funniest WP "advantages": Android has less buggy integration with Windows than Windows Phone :), XBOX integration with WP is incomplete and buggy (oh, and Android has "SmartGlass" too), MS Office "integration" with WP8 is very limited in functionality (and Office is coming to Android too, plus Android has many alternatives already). Remember that PC (notebook/desktop), where Microsoft has very strong position, sales are declining (even with Holiday season and Windows 8). Tablets and smartphones are growing very fast, but Microsoft has almost zero of tablet market (dominated by iPAD and Android) and less than 3% in smartphones (and almost zero growth). Microsoft ecosystem is SHRINKING.
- Now lets talk about Android ecosystem: smartphones (75-80% users worldwide), tablets (around 45% worldwide and growing fast), smartwatch, cameras, home electronics (washing mashines, freezers...), TV's. Linux (Android kernel) is used in personal/gaming (PS) computers, web servers and super computers. Sony is heavily investing in Android smartphones (Play Station and Android "ecosystem" if you like. Watch for PS4). Android ecosystem is GROWING.
I truly love this phone !!!!! Why??? I don't know i just love it
NOKIA will NEVER show up with an android phone. Reason? NOKIA is after an eco-system, which android simply doesn't offer. WP8 with its well-executed eco-system is a way to go for NOKIA for now. GO NOKIA!
lumia 920 is a saleman use phone and the market can download to andriod software in the end....
i have prebooked lumia 920 at mobily(nokia priority) trivandrum, delivery promised by jan 15 and offer for first 100 purchase(maybe wireless charging plate)
When nokia launching the android phone. if they not lounching then they are loosing there lots of customers
AnonD-96694, 04 Jan 2013I can 't Believe there is peeople who searching for phones other than Android & IOS . Go f... moreWindows phones are far far batter than android.
android phones are slow, most are hanging lots time and battery consumption is main problem.
Now Windows Phones are rocking. gotta HTC 8s. amazing. before also I have used HTC HD 7 with windows phone 7.5. loving it. really amazing.
y google blocking their service on windows phone user??? buz wp8 and wpx x,.. is gng to b a super phone!!! N Google kw dat!!!google forgot d past n dng stupid things like a child!! Microsoft is a real king in os world!! Who need 6m or 8m apps??? Go for android!!! Ha ha ha i think u need one TB memory phone to install all apps!! Ha ha ha !! Choise wise!!!
AnonD-32581, 05 Jan 2013Why put quad core in if its only going to put a strain on the phones battery? Just like the ot... morei ve already put the reason in the prev. Post-nokia flagship has to be the best beast of ui,cores,apps(wp store has got now 3 million apps,and nokia is busy updating the collection),camera(thats already proved),music and all other aspects.the flagship wud compete against all(like s3) either when its os and ui are given versatility(wp never intends to so,it only relies on modern ui.personally i like it more than any other ui,save for the jolla sailfish) or when given a lot of sheer power in terms of processing speed(1.7 ghz or more),gpu and battery power ,though its not really needed for improving the os speed,but for some heavy apps and games.
WP8 is not only faster than Android but way less bugs. Android is super buggy. Android phones slow down after awhile during usage. Factory reset will fix, but pain in the ass. WP8 and iPhones don't have that issue.
go on top nokia.
AnonD-80545, 05 Jan 2013Windows phone is the smoothest os in the market...That's right.
- an iPhone (first one) - not a bad phone,
- an Android on LG G2X - what a piece of crap and now
- I own a simple Nokia 710. This Nokia running Win 7.5 is a much smoother device and even with less features when it costs only $199 it's unbeatable.
Microsoft did a very good job.
AnonD-96673, 04 Jan 2013Yes plzzzz.. Nokia please don't bring any successor to LUMIA 920!! I beg you!! Progressing is a must to survive.
Nokia should produce many successor to lumia 920, lumia 820,lumia 710 with improved battery backup,
better sound quality,
removable back case,
higher ppi density of screen,
quad core processor etc etc.......
General public needs varieties of handset choice for their money to spend on.
A Nokia tablet with the Lumia design would be great. But first I want my Lumia 920.
AnonD-36414, 04 Jan 2013that cud only mean wp9 or wp8.x must be around the corner that wud support high resolution scr... moreWhy put quad core in if its only going to put a strain on the phones battery? Just like the other quad phones do, all they do is over heat and waste battery..