I bought a lumia920 I have had lots of problems freezing and recently it got really hot I turned it off took 3hrs to cool ,really frightened me i expected it toblow up there was no reason for this, also my sim reader failed left me with no phone in Euope I am disappointed in it as I have always us Nokia
Nura Aminu, 04 Apr 2017I have a Nokia Lumia 920 by model but I'm not able to create my Microsoft account neither to d... moreIf You Use Any Screen Protector then remove it from your Mobile Your screen won't Go Black During Calls.
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 by model but I'm not able to create my Microsoft account neither to downloads applications and whenever I called or receive a call the phone goes dark and latter it will come back. Please do helping me I want to continue using my phone.
Anonymous, 13 Feb 2017Hi there guys. I have a 920 which I love however I'm having some minor issues. 1- I cannot ge... moreAccording to the whatsapp notifications, is the phone on energy saving mode perhaps?
If you really need windows denim you should download preview for developers program to find the latest update but my suggestion is to update from the settings.
Hi there guys. I have a 920 which I love however I'm having some minor issues.
1- I cannot get notifications for whatsapp so I only get them when I'm online. It days its the WiFi connection but is it really?
2- My phone is windows 8.1 how do I update it to windows denim?
I bought my Lumia 920 (white) in December 2012 just after it came out and was the Nokia flagship. It's been my primary phone ever since. Yes, some major apps, like SnapChat, are lacking, but overall, since many are games and I'm not a gamer, I haven't felt particularly hampered. So it's not a perfect phone (what phone is?) but I've been able to make it work for me, and I'm just attached to it.
Below are a few tips. Maybe all of which have been posted by others at some point before.
1. If I'm using the Alarm app to wake up, I also put the phone in Airplane/Flight mode.
If I'm just sleeping in, I turn the volume all the way down to vibrate.
2. If your 920 is frozen you can do a soft reset by holding down together the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds. You may have to then go into settings and reset the correct date and time.
3. Also make sure you're updated to the latest Windows Phone 8.1 ("Lumia Denim"). Check Extras & Info under settings. Due to hardware limitations, the 920 (among other Nokia Lumias) is not updateable to Windows 10 by Microsoft edict.
4. As others have said, the SIM card is accessed through a small tray/drawer at the top/headphone jack end of the phone. You'll need to insert a small pin in the hole to open it. Your phone may have come with a tool for that purpose. Some older 920s are getting SIM card errors. This may be corrected by putting a (folded) piece of paper over the non contact side of the SIM card to act as a shim.
5. It's also a good habit to power down and restart your phone about once a day. This will completely clear the memory of any orphan processes that may be slowing your phone, using up the battery, heating it up, etc.
6. I generally charge my phone overnight through the USB port on my computer. This is a slower way to charge and as such may extend the battery life.
Oldman, 31 Jan 2017Is there a setting that I can set my Lumia 920 so that it can be silent at a certain time peri... moreI think it has quiet hour. you can turn it on automatically during the period you want.
Is there a setting that I can set my Lumia 920 so that it can be silent at a certain time period every day? Working automatically, off at 22h00 and on at 6h00, everyday?
Huskydog, 26 Jan 2017I have a huge problem with my new Nokia Lumia 920.... I'm unable to remove the back cover t... moreThe back doesn't come off. Battery is inside, somehow o think you'll already know this... Next to the headphone jack is a small pin hole... Insert say a paper clip and it will pop out!
Huskydog, 26 Jan 2017I have a huge problem with my new Nokia Lumia 920.... I'm unable to remove the back cover t... moreThe Lumia 920 cannot be opened. The SIM is actually inserted in a slot beside the headphone jack. You'll need a little pin (every brand new Lumia comes with one) in order to pop the plastic cover off to fit the SIM card in.
I have a huge problem with my new Nokia Lumia 920....
I'm unable to remove the back cover to insert my SIM card. I've spent hours attempting to do this, following the instructions with no luck...I've also asked a male to try but he also had no luck....I previously had a Nokia Lumia 635 which was also hard but I was able to manage! Is it just me??
Can someone help please?
I hace this phone for 1year and is a great phone all you hace to do is a configuration and it will work as you wish is excelente i never have any problem i love lumia
Nokia Lumia 920 is not work well. many time this phone freezing some time display not working . I was used Nokia lumia 820 before Nokia lumia 920. Eventhough it was freezing, it was able to open the battery then its fine. But the new Nokia lumia 920 is not able to open the battery; therefore, i have no way to work the phone when it become freezing. there is no way to restart the phone because the phone does not turn off completely when display become out of order. thus, many times I got trouble with using this phone while I working. Please check these problems of the Nokia Lumia 920. I hope you will considered this comment. I hope I will never going to be use Nokia lumia 920
With no snapchat, no instagram, and now no Myfitnesspal, I don't see the point. I had this phone for 2 years, and will never ever get a windows phone again. I might as well have my 2001, 7th grade flip phone that offered no apps, because the selection of apps is garbage.
I had one...I went to the beach with it in my pocket...it broke...got Samsung...miss my lumia😢