Nokia is just plain silly, caught up in old ways, doing the same old stupid stuff. Keep doing what you and you keep getting what you get which in Nokia's case is failure. Why always announce a phone and spend months before releasing it when the features are already archaic. Stupid Nokia!
Compare this 185g to 112g of the IPhone 5 it's like a big watermelon vs apple fruit.
i have the strongest of convictions that Nokia lumia 920 will see giga sales...its gona be an explosion...
people understand that Nokia is the father of all and accept the fact that he is been in any situation apple had not been to so you have 2 respect as you respect your parent.... Nokia alwayz better.
my prospects is this or note 2... maybe i'll wait for xiaomi m2 or optimus g
AnonD-70145, 12 Sep 2012Note 2 pales in comparison with this lumia. lol it may be having a bigger screen, but the pixe... moreThe Note 2 has S Voice, Eye Tracking, S Pen, bigger screen, double Ram, bigger internal storage+ memory card slot, better battery, 1.9 MP front facing camera, radio.
Well, to begin with, i have to mention that the first mobile phone i owned was a nokia. the first multimedia phone was a nokia. the first business phone was a nokia. the first 'do-it-all' phone was a nokia. then i moved to iphone. don't get me wrong, iphone is a cool device but, it has more of a hype than utility and requirement. seeing how nokia is trying to cope up with the competition is a sign enough which shouts out loud, 'we are still here. with innovation.'
iphone 5 has been announced a couple of hours ago and the world is going nuts over it. does an iphone 4s owner have any incentive to move over to the latest apple offering? maybe... maybe not... but i know i would not. in my humble opinion, what makes a good product is the 'innovation' it brings along. nokia has done wonderful things in the past. 'snake' in 5110, butterfly keypad of 8250, 'clipart' editing/making of 3350, white lights of 8310, the upward slide of the TFT to reveal the keypad in its premium titanium phones etc, etc, etc.... etc, all ring a bell - reminding me of a wonderful era. small changes and innovations truly made nokia a market leader. even today, i strongly feel that in terms of build quality, nothing matches up to a nokia phone and most likely nothing will.
pureview technology is super awesome. so is the new display tech on the nokia lumia 920. all in a well constructed, solid and sturdy build. i have played around with nokia lumia 800 for a little while. i think it is a good phone. but i am sure, lumia 920 will be a 'GREAT' phone. in terms of the OS, everyone needs time to grow. and with time, Windows will as well.
for all the people who still think other's opinions do not matter, here is a line from the 1st gen iphone reviewed by the gsmarena team in August 2007, and i quote, "It's above average, but it has a long list of drawbacks. It's not a business phone either, so don't confuse it with one." Apple has come a long way since then. Given time, the lumia list will grow strong as well and i am sure it will continue to amaze us with 'true' innovation. i can foresee nokia evolving still.
FOR ME, IPHONE(Y) WILL NOW NOT BE AN OPTION. MY MONEY IS WITH NOKIA LUMIA 920 FOR SURE. I KNOW I AM GETTING THIS 'TRULY INNOVATIVE' DEVICE THE DAY IT HITS MY NEIGHBOURHOOD MOBILE STORE.
P.S. i am not trying to convince anyone to support this phone. it is my personal opinion and i do not care about the so called 'bashers'. my advice to all would be, 'if you have to buy a phone, please evaluate the moneys worth before you do'.
AnonD-71192, 12 Sep 2012simply i knew this that 3g was launched by nokia in India in N70 along with sony k810i cybersh... more4 cars rolled out on your phone and it still worked??? You had a special version or what??? :P
AnonD-616, 12 Sep 2012You know i love nokia and can't wait for nokia lumia ! But there is one problem ! Nokia releas... moreIts a marketing strategy actually, but it does piss us consumers for being so late. but we all know that this device is actually worth the wait. :) they didn't even released its priced cause they wanted to match the much anticipated iphone5. But now they maybe working on it already knowing that it was a big joke only.
AnonD-45845, 12 Sep 2012S3 and note have issue with 32gb memory cardWaiting for lumia 920 ..... Nokia get ready for real business now
simply i knew this that 3g was launched by nokia in India in N70 along with sony k810i cybershot and AMOLED concept is also by NOKIA only yaar,at that time apple was no where in phone industry even they were just a music machine... now they launched iphone 5 so what new ,,u can't compare nokia with anyone.i m not dying hard fan of nokia but when my nokia fell down on express highway and i saw 4 cars rolls out that and still it is working fine so this is the quality of nokia ...NO COMPLAINTS.... they are believing in durability and innovation... Was NEWTON only the first person to see falling apple from TREE ,,, yeah now u can compare with any one...
Well, the new iPhone most certainly isnt anything particular. Still doesnt compete feature or spec wise really with any other flagship out there. Apart from the app selection, I dont see what the hell makes iPhones so popular. I dont really even baseline dislike iPhones, I just dont see their charm. They just cashcow their customers every few years with a phone that has barely changed at all.
AnonD-30362, 12 Sep 2012stop bashing about: 1)no bluetooth file transfer! 2)lack of fm radio! 3)non expandable me... moreYou know i love nokia and can't wait for nokia lumia ! But there is one problem ! Nokia releasing too late ! :-( i will go for lumia 820 in my opinion it is better than iphone 5 !
Nokia Lumia 920 is the World Heavy Weight Champion phone for the year 2012/13.
lumia 920 gets the age over iphone5....failure of icrap5 will give boost to 920 sales.....go on ....start selling
stop bashing about:
1)no bluetooth file transfer!
2)lack of fm radio!
3)non expandable memory!
5)WP having less apps!
Now I will enlighten you all.
1) Nokia announced the WP 7.8 update which is a little bit similar with WP8 to be rolling out for its 1st gen lumias and said this update will enable bluetooth file transfer which lacks out of the box. (see it on engadget.com) so expect bluetooth file transfer on WP8 especially on nokia's 2nd gen lumias.
2) why are you crying about the lack of fm radio? Come on guys, you dont need to whine about it. You can just easily download an fm radio app.
3) 32gb is not that small but not that large memory but still its already enough and knowing it has usb on the go. And besides we got pc's and laptop's, there we can store our files to clear some space.
4) do you really have an idea how 185g weighs? Its not that so called "heavy" so dont be so gay and lazy about it. the weight is due to the high quality materials being used and for its solid build, unlike other phones that weighs lighter but is made out of plastic and has cheap build. And also the weight contributes a lot for making this awesome phone more stabilized for taking pictures.
5) is 100000+ apps in WP few to you guys??? But if you insist then so be it. WP for now may have only few apps, but the ones that they have are the ones that are useful. Unlike the other OS's which has tons of apps but most are scrap. now WP is undeniably a growing OS and is considered as the "Future OS", so expect a lot developers jumping on its bandwagon.
Now lets talk about its innovations on board:
1) does your phone have a 332ppi screen? It may not be a super amoled screen but its has the most brightest and most gorgeous screen right now. Nokia actually wants to demonstrate here that amoled screens are not best in class and.
2) does your phone have a better camera other than lumia's 920 pureview technology?
It has OIS that has smoked iPhone 4S which has the best camera in the market. Mind blowing low light capabilities which even Exmor can go near with. preloaded camera apps and crisp pictures. See all of this in youtube! Nokia may have an issue due to its ads but there weren't even claiming that it was taken and shot from the 920, they were only showing off its capabilities.
3) does your phone have a super sensitive and PureMotionHD screen? All I can say is Fluidity and super easy navigation cause you can almost use anything to scroll it.
4) can your phone do wireless charging? now this makes this phone really standout of the crowd. very futuristic!
Now thats what we call "INNOVATION", Nokia is the king and always will be and this handset will surely sell like hotcakes and you haters cant do anything to stop it. *End of conversation!
It is ridiculous what grounds people ate complaining on about this phone. External memory is not needed since when WP crashes you don't lose everything unlike some androids. What modern phone can't stand the rain? And what phone can you actually swim with?!? People should also be aware that when a device has HTML5 support it extends by default to java as well, although everything worth using is coded in native today.
to those who ask if the lumia 920 got dolby headphone?? read nokia's website specs for lumia 920.. hope this can help you.. thanks and more power to lumia 920..cant wait to have this beast.. :)) http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/lumia920/specifications/