Feel sad, even some of the basic functions missing from the phone. I love this phone not because of the Windows OS but because of Nokia. Nokia has the best camera. I have been using Nokia Phone since many years ago. I'm not sure if Microsoft is really serious about making Windows Phone as the top OS in the market. I'm putting hope on them. Less party and do your work. I think these people are having fun at the party more than doing their work
From Finland, 03 Sep 2013Price of Nokia was ridiculous. Nokia bought some years ago some small American map company. Tu... moreMicrosoft gets hold of a patent portfolio larger than any companies out there at dirt cheap prices – just to get things into perspective – Microsoft also purchased Skype but for a larger price tag of $8.5 Billion than Nokia’s $7.17 Billion price, effectively making Skype worth more than Nokia.
Even unable to control the volum for media, Ringtone and other alerts, no orientation lock. This is a big disappointment. I am glad that I am still in the grace period and I can return my phone. Will return it tomorrow and go get an android phone. People at microsoft own cellphones, so they should know to cover the basics. If I open a youtube video, I have to put the volume down. Then If I forget to put it up, I will not hear my phone or texts. So stupid.
You guys bought a smart camera instead of a smartphone. You got ripped off by Microsoft.
Where is my Downloaded files and Bluetooth recived files are gone??? I downloaded a PDF file via Internet Explorer its visible in phones pdf reader but unable to find the file when connecting to pc and no share option in phone. And no way to attach to email. The phone frustrating me to core. Useless crap. Brainless developers, everything is crap.. i lost my money and time. Never into windows phone again
Sire, 06 Sep 201350MB/20MB limitation. I really can't believe such limitations can be seen on a smartphone!!! W... moreJust to add, i have Lumia 920 with a coveted speed of 50 mbps download, and phone don't allow download more than 50 mb, even 3g can download 1000s of mb data in a short time, idiots are sitting at Microsoft.
50MB/20MB limitation. I really can't believe such limitations can be seen on a smartphone!!! What the heck is wrong with Microsoft? Its like they don't really care or wants everybody to be unhappy once u purchase a phone with this trashy OS. I paid good money to purchase this trash and I see no reason why a damn stranger will dictate to me what I should do and what I shouldn't. WindowsPhone is the worst OS I have even seen. I am so unhappy buying this phone. This would be the last Nokia/Microsoft phone I will ever purchase. Idiots.
Dear Mr. Joe Belfiore, WP8 has an opportunity to make up ground on a some what stale market right now, Apple and Google/Android seem to be at a stand still. WP8 is missing so many basic features and customizations that I would assume given your probably unlimited resources you could make happen.
1. How in the world is there not a notification center yet?
2. The status bar needs to be able to be hidden and shown, very annoying even though mail
3. Screen Auto Rotation on/off, also little but important to several people that use WP8
4. Need to be able to "X" out or close apps or swipe or some way to close them
5. Some type of actual multitasking menu, and apps need to be able to run in the background for real
6. I know apps is not Microsoft but I work in IT so let's put some pressure on real business apps, Logmein, Labtech, Team Viewer ect... please put some pressure on these people as you say your geared toward business but I can't use my phone on a day to day basis
I would love to use the Nokia Lumia 920 as my daily driver but everything I just listed makes me have to carry my Galaxy S4.
This is possibly the worst phone I have ever had. After 2 days the screen was flashing up and down. I took it back to the dealer and they exchanged it for another. A bit annoying when all your data ie music, photos etc, have been installed. After using the second one for 24 hours the same thing happened to that, plus the fact the phone kept switching itself off and I could not get it to stay on, when eventually I did get it to stay on it would not let me call anyone and the screen kept going blank. Took it back again, now have Lumia 925 I am keeping everything crossed that this one doesn't let me down.
I can't download a file that is more than 27MB with my mobile data. Always telling me to download via Wifi. How can I achieve the download without Wifi since I don't even have a Wifi connection?. Also how can I select a personal ringtone without using Window Phone App on PC. Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks...
very good camera!!! Amazing...Battery depends on usage, but one day for sure. Display much better than samsung S3, sunlight legability the best.Never have to restart phone. I install Amber, but sound was better on W8?
I bought this phone because of good camera and display.Windows martket is still in progress...I m waiting.I love my phone
im using the lumia 920 for about 4 months & it was a awesome phone i liked every thing about it. since recent i'm facing the current issues
1. the phone compass does not work any more
2. gyro doesnt work (so no more racing games)
3. auto screen rotation does not work
4. cannnot set the screen brightness to auto mode
5. on call screen doesn't go off when u bring the phone closer to your ear.(due to this the calls get disconnected when the screen touchs your face)
6. the lights in the windows key, back key & the search key does not light anymore.
7. cannot run the Here lens app (says your device does not support motion sensor)
But every thing else works perfect. i did a reset, tried every thing i could but its still the same. is there any body else who faced the same issue or is it only me?
AnonD-182516, 05 Sep 2013Hi Guys,
I bought Lumia 920 two weeks ago, below are the problems faced
1. There was no rece... moreThere is nothing wrong with this phone.
There may be lot of applications running together, so the battery will discharge early.
You have to close all unnecessary applications.
First you consult good technician.
Most technicians are not familiar with the windows phone & they always support only android.
Don't worry, you will soon love this phone. Its a solid built. The battery charging is faster than other phone.
I bought Lumia 920 two weeks ago, below are the problems faced
1. There was no reception of signal at all had to restore to factory setting 4 times and then i started receiving network coverage
2. Very very poor signal reception when compared against Android, i reside in a populated city and i am able to receive good reception from same service provider on my other phones S3 and DUOS and when i use the same SIM from my S3 to 920 i get only one bar out of 5 signal bars
3. The phone automatically locks on 4G signal which is not available in many places, and since the reception is weak it loose this signal and then the phone doesn't even switch back to 3G ultimately leaving the phone out of coverage
4. Frankly i am still struggling to get coverage on this crappy phone
5. This phone has very poor battery-life, i opened the box kept the phone on full charge as said by the shopkeeper and got it 100% charged and started setting my accounts on the phone by the time i finished the battery had faded to 35%
6. This phone gets heated very fast
In-short its my bad that i opted for this phone i am planning to return back this crap to the store even if i have to loss couple of bucks, its a personal choice if anyone is planning to buy it or one has to be a die hard fan of nokia to buy it, i have used Nokia before never had i encountered such problem, but this has shattered everything
Nokia try to fix technical problems first
one of the best phone i have ever used
very good camera and design
nokia support is really good
the draw backs are
1)low battery backup compared to lumia 720
2) bit heavy
3)cannot download bigger files on mobile network
At least the new phablet 'bandit' will be still a Nokia, as well as some Asha phones which are in the pipeline. Pus a tablet, probably.
For those asking what will happen to current and upcoming Nokia Lumia phones in terms of branding, as far as the press release is concerned, Current, leaked and upcoming devices to be released and approved by FCC, will still retain the Nokia Lumia brand on it.