Hehe i am 520 user... 920 is much higher phone as compared to 520 But OS features are same for both phone... At this price range 920 is really a waste of money...
no zooming while video recording
no rotation locking
video downloading restricted
Bluetooth file sending function restricted for video files
no music equalizer
no separate volume control for music and ringtone
no good games for free
no custom settings for WiFi
no storage management. Other storage increases day by day...
no video and audio sharing via WhatsApp
can't send images via Facebook message
can't upload documents files like PDF to any site.
no pc suite like software
no usb tethering
and lots and lots limitations... That too in this high price range... Actually its not the phones problem. The problem is with its OS
Johny, 21 Jul 2013It's great phone.I will buyIt's a good choice, especially now the price has dropped. In some stores you can even get a nice deal including a wireless charger.
Using from 6 months,
when bought new 920, its not as android but days passed day by day many apps came slowly slowly, i installed one by one thought what is this phone not apps like android, now at this time 120+ app installed 45 only games and more but its same smooth like 1st day and today. No bugs no slow no restart even and not hang,
having s4 its great but when installed near 30 apps gonna some slow restarting everyday
920 is only heating but its not big problem
AnonD-99237, 19 Jul 20134G is indeed out of box, check with your service providers for coverage and subscription
HD... moreBacklight mode only highlight the foreground and background just over exposed. Its not HDR
4G is not out of the box in every 920. I contacted nokia dealer, they said 4G is only available to certain countries and other phones, they need to flash with a different firmware.
lumia 920 sucks!!!
i will give you so many basic reasons for that.
1. no seek bar in music player.
2. you can't zoom in/out while video recording.
3. battery drains quickly, needs charging two times a day.
4. most of the games are paid. for eg: all parts of angry birds are paid.
5. you can't rename gallery items. you need to connect your phone to computer to do so.
6. no haptic feedback option in keyboard. also, no option for turn on/off word suggestions while writing in keyboard.
not recommended to an android user.
Hey you dont need to comment like "great phone" every now and then as if you are paid to do so. Lumia 920 is for smart people like me and you and we know how amazing it is. Way better than droids out there when it comes to build quality, os reliability and UI smoothness. Its something to feel when you owe it. I define it as - a premium harwardare with a premium OS inside.
I already have mine for 2 weeks by now.
There are several issues that i am sure all of you had:
1. you can not modify IP adress or anything related if you connect to a wifi router that uses fixed IP address - solved that one out by enabling the DHCP on my router and it works now. yet i believe they should allow users to make changes in the phone's wifi connectivity just as any other phones out there do
2. facebook chat no matter if added as an account or as app is taking ages to deliver the messages
3. too many accounts you need to sign up for in order to benefit from apps, be it windows or nokia
4. transferring phone contacts from PC requires MS Outlook with CSV (comma separated values) saving capabilities, otherwise you'll have to find somebody that can save your contacts in CSV format
5. volume key adjusts everything, you can not leave your ringtone on 20 and listen to music at 30, once you modify the volume it will be the same level for everything (this is rather surprising as i believe it is one of the basic of features, even the cheapest of phones have the option to personalize different volume levels) - this is quite embarrassing
I strongly believe they are working on fixing those things fast, otherwise there's just gonna be a lot of near new condition Lumias out there for sale soon.
Other than the above, the phone looks and handles as promised, even better, the grip is good, it feels right, it is a proper phone with proper weight, it is something you feel it's there and so it should be.
Connecting this to a pc to sync is just really messed up. i guess the problem really is the os not the phone. the phone itself is nice to use. feels sturdy and it is responsive. aside from the really annoying problems with attaching it to a pc to sync, the phone is good.
in three words... I love it
in more words .. I love it heaps :)
love the feel of it, the size is good, the camera is very good both in photo mode and video mode.
it's not a toy phone. if you like gimmicks and play things get something else. if you want a serious phone to use for emails, web browsing and business it's great
may be you used duplicate lumia so it happed i am using last 2 months but no hang at all
Hi users, WhatsApp is updated again. Now its version 2.10.523.0 (July 19, 2013).
$korN~X, 16 Jul 2013After 1 month use of 920
Phone is really good except few restrictions.
I live in Sri Lanka. ... more4G is indeed out of box, check with your service providers for coverage and subscription
HDR is covered with Backlight(scene), different terms but same use to highlight objects in foreground dampened by bright backgrounds.
after 8 days of use ...result outs........(pH with maximum limitations)
1.no system wise file manager... .not even on Microsoft store.....
2.can't install open web apps( downloaded from web)
3.gaming fps are too low to play... (18fps amazing spider man)(stucking)
4.no mkv.flv video support.....(player is paid on Microsoft store)...
5.some time hangs too.......
got galaxy s4.....(no limitations)