Can i install my important softwwares in in N920 ? I ned to use Minitab software which is supported by Windows. Will it support in phone??
AnonD-133979, 11 Jul 2013the only thing lacking in this phone is the adobe flash player. it can't play streaming broadc... morePlease be more specific, which streaming video broadcast site that you can't watch their video, for me Youtube and facebook video playing there seems to be no problem for me here.....
the only thing lacking in this phone is the adobe flash player. it can't play streaming broadcast. and it can't also download those pdf sent to me by u.s. embassy. nokia pls update this apps! i thought this was a windows phone which i thought the latest version of windows...over all this is a great phone for me....
AnonD-56124, 08 Jul 2013I got update storage check,Network+,Display+Touch and updated I am in India anyone get thisYes I have it updated and not only those few update, install LUMIA Pusher and you can update everything there include Nokia Glam Me, NFC Writer, HERE Maps and much more.....
@kosan: Yes, Windows Phone is not a new OS it's an old OS in fact it 's been released since 2005, but since 2005 till windows 7.5 windows is still run under windows embeded OS not WinNT, and this version 8 is a rewritten from ground up using WinNT platform and this is a new OS for what I know transform from Windows embeded OS to WinNT OS thats what I call new(new platform)and its running CSS6 and HTML5 for the life tile and browser thats why it does not need flash player to play embeded movies as FLV and now everyone is moving ahead to CSS6 and HTML 5 for the future platform even Apple is following the windows platform now using CSS5 and HTML6 for their IOS 7 and you still mentioning Flash Player? Even Adobe themselves already stop supporting on flash support on android and now try surch for Flash Player at Play Store see can you find it for download unless you serch for torrent or other source and thats why you need file manager to install it, an I right?
kosan, 08 Jul 2013Android fix all bugs by update the donut 1.6 released on september 2009 is updated to eclair i... moreAndroid releases new software too fast one after the other, buy a new Android today, and next month it's running old software. By the time there's a new flagship running the newest version, you're still waiting for an update to the newest version...
gourav govani, 09 Jul 2013which colour i shall buy in nokia lumia 920....????yellow
Yes off course there are many PDF file readers on WP like Adobe and PDF reader from Microsoft
Can we copy pdf, ppt, docs from PC onto the phone and view them ?
rahul***, 08 Jul 2013hello Everyone...plzz help me out , i got activation error while downloading the songs from No... moreHi dude,
Just update your valid mail ID & Password in Nokia Account which was registered to your mobile soon after purchasing. If u do so your Nokia Music will work fine. A different mail ID will not be accepted, thus it shows that your yours is already registered.
I got update storage check,Network+,Display+Touch
and updated I am in India anyone get this
hi m using this lumia 920 and its realy superb hand set for using net downloading browsing chating ext. m realy happy with 920............
hello Everyone...plzz help me out , i got activation error while downloading the songs from Nokia Music unlimited unsubscription..it says Activation error , this number is already registered..plzz if any body know what to do ..help me out.
AnonD-38759, 08 Jul 2013What do you mean this phone is bad compare to android, I myself is an android and windows phon... moreAndroid fix all bugs by update the donut 1.6 released on september 2009 is updated to eclair in october same year and andrid foryo released on may 2010 but in windows phone you should wait at least 2 year to release update and windows phone not new os it released in 2009 v 6.5
kosan, 07 Jul 2013this phone is very bad if you cowpair it with android .there is no file manger no flash player... moreWhat do you mean this phone is bad compare to android, I myself is an android and windows phone user and quite a technical person.
1) In terms of smoothness of OS UI there's no way Android OS can be as smooth as WP8 OS on a dual core 1.5ghz processor.
2. yes wp8 might not have file manager and it depending on individual preferences, for me wp8 without file manager its ok cause I can access all my files within apps, unless you wanna use the file manager to install illegal apps that downloaded from torrent or any other site or you wanna root the phone like in android OS that not much I can say, I do root my Android phones and in the end I still flash back the stock rom cause foot or not root are still the same unless you wanna overclock or underclock the processor or other android apps that needed superuser access such as game hacks, so this define you as what type of person are you already.
3) For the auto rotation, maybe there's no way to fix the rotation yet for the moment but that does not anoy me at all.
4) For the touch vibration it's for those people that wanted to feels the feedback when they touches any function of the phone or the virtual keyboard like myself cause this phone touch screen are so sensetive sometimes you don't even feel that youve touched it but in fact it had been touched.
5) Can you name me any new released OS that does not chave any bugs, this WP8 is a re-written OS from ground up, and now the WP8 is running on winNT, remember when android first came out when HTC promoted their HTC Dream with Android OS 1.6(Donut) that phone at that time is ful of bugs also it hangs up to around 10 to 15 times a day, so that you don't call it bugs?
Any new OS that had just launched not long ago we should give it a chance, don't simply say anything that you heard from others.
I'm not saying that Android is not good but over the years they have improved a lot since ICS and JB launched, till now I'm still awn a android phone that is Sony Xperia SL, every phones and OS's have thier own pro's and con's.
No hard feelings, I just state out the facts and my 2 cents.