After 1 year of Apple IOS, 3 years of Android, I switched from HTC One X (still rocks) to the Lumia 925 32 Gig special edition, and I am really happy with this phone. I was looking for premium looks, specs and quality build, choosing between the HTC one, Sony Xperia Z1, and Nokia Lumia 925. Not a fan of iphone, don't like the Samsung S4 (but love my Samsung note 10.1)
This phone is elegant.
The camera is amazing, camera pro, creative studio, much better quality and options than my one x.
The windows experience is great, fast, smooth, no lag love the live tiles.
I think apps and storage space are over rated. I have thousands of photos + videos on my one x and still have 18 gig free space left. Most people download apps just for fun, but only use 10% of them. Windows has all the apps you need and more....All the apps I use on android are available.
I have no heating issues, I am training the battery, and get a full charge in 2 hrs. Normal use 1 day 17 hrs max.
It would be nice to have the home key as a notification light.
don't want to sound redundant, but it is the best phone i have ever had!
the material is wonderful holding it in your hands is just too nice to feel (except for the tiny bit slippery thing, though it didnt fell from my hands yet :P)
the apps available are mostly what you need, everything u want is there (instagram, facebook, skype, twitter, foursquare, viber, IMDB, DI.fm app)!
whatsapp is a bit ... slow? not flexible? not sure, though it should get updated soon.
the windows phone 8 OS... everywhere i go i hear what an awesome interface my Lumia 925 has! quiet amazing when u hear that from an android fan
the auto-correct / predict although not practical for my home language typed in english, it is really amazing how fast you can type a text in english.
everything is fast, i have not experienced any lag or anything
The camera, amazing pictures!! plus with Nokia Camera app you can get the interface that the Lumia 1020 has
one last thing to add: any Microsoft office file opens in a blink of an eye!
really great phone! i advise people to get it!
@, 03 Jan 2014920 vs 925
price difference is 100 USD
which one is feasible to buy ?
Thank u . I had the exact same dilema. I love the aluminium touch on the phone, it really makes the phone look much more premium and feels wonderful on my hands.
I like polycarbonate uni-body of L920, but it still feels 'plasticy' (especially the buttons on the right side of the phone).
specs are almost no difference
lumia925user, 04 Jan 2014Only problems starting day 1 - self restarts at least once in 2-3 days, wifi connectivity issu... moreBeen using the phone for 2 months now and I luckily don't have those problems you've mentioned. I assume youra still has warranty, return it and get the proper one. :)
AnonD-171580, 07 Jan 2014hi
i am thinking to buy this phone
but i am having below confusion
1. battery backup i ... moreHi Azhar, I bought this phone end of November and been using it for almost 2 months now. I can say, it might not be the best phone out there on the market, but it is the perfect one for me.
regarding your confusions :
1. I am also a normal user and sometimes play 'easy' games (e.g. Minion Rush). It lasts for 12-15 hours. Not that great, but still acceptable in my case.
2. I notice a little overheating issue especially when I play games while charging, which I know isn't healthy for the phone.
3. No issue
4. Seriously? I sometimes recieve calls while listening to music and everything works flawless.
5. It is said that L1020 and L925 will be the first ones that get the update (gdr3 and black).
6. I don't get what you really means but for sure you can open your read mails without net.
8. Of course we can
9. You will get notified and if you wish, it will get automatically updated. Or you can check manually, it's all up to you.
10. I didn't try it yet but I think it's doable.
conclusion : It is a wonderful phone with great camera and premium design, build and feel. Money well spent I'd say. �� Love it!
I hope I could help. Cheers!
I am a Nokia Fan... I was using N8 for last 3 yrs and i was way too happy with it ... Lumia was my next upgrade option and i was happy to get the look i wanted in a ph , however The ph has too many draw backs... Cant transfer songs vai wats app... cant personalise your ph . Deleting Video histories and many more such issues . Wish it could hve better aps and give more value for money
i am thinking to buy this phone
but i am having below confusion
1. battery backup i am very normal user of phone msg,calls,whatsapp, 1 movie on mobile which is once in a week this thing only
2. overheating issue
3. bluetooth issue
4. we cant talk over earphone
5. gdr3 update is arriving on phone or not
6. Email i dont want to sync my phone from mail server again again & again e.g. if i downloaded some mail on mobile then i can open tha mail without net also
7. is there any app for monitoring call,data,sms plan in windows phone
8. in whatsapp new update we can send pre-recorded videos,images
9. how we can check that updates for any app arrived in wp marketplace
10.we can send video over bluetooth
thanks in advance for your kind reply
sharath, 01 Jan 2014Guys.. gonna get my first smartphone.. shortlisted two devices.. Nexus 4 and Lumia 925.. which... moreu should buy lumia 925 since it is your first smartphone.. nexus 4 battery and camera totally sux.. im myself use both of the phone..
which one is better- 925 or xperia z1.plz help me out. m gonna buy a smartphone dis july
Anonymous, 06 Jan 2014I am planning to switch to this phone soon.. Please, does this phone supports opera mini and w... moreYou should use UC BROWZER except oppera mini....its awesome in windows phone.....
Nd whats app is confirmed available in lumia windows phone
Its very disappointment that mobile has problem in catching signal. Same sim work very well in other phone but in Lumia 925 very week.
I open my gmail with attached video, I can not open video player?
or I need to download any software?
I am planning to switch to this phone soon.. Please, does this phone supports opera mini and whatsapp? Thanks
Only problems starting day 1 - self restarts at least once in 2-3 days, wifi connectivity issues, bad voice quality. Have 2 units - both have the same issues. NOKIA, please do something fast to fix your flagship or the whole armada will sink.