1) Does 930 have a severe heating issue like its predecessor 925?
2) Does viber work as it should on a 930? Per my experience, it doesn't work well at all on a 925.
Simply a great phone packed with tons of features and a price others can't offer.
A friend of mine received his Lumia 930 with faulty display.
Another one had problem with display detached from the body.
My brand new Lumia 930 died suddenly and completely after only 17 hours :(
-> make your own judgement, but I have my doubts about quality of this phone.
Riniss, 07 Nov 2014 i need suggestion from someone, i dont know if i should get Lumia 1020,930 0r 1520... i know ... moreIf you are ok with 6 inches you should get 1520. It has better battery and SD slot. The camera is the same between 1520 and 930. 1020 has better camera but is a bit outdated. I remember I read that 1020 won't take Denim update (next update for pureview phones with camera features). But if you can, wait for 1030. I have Lumia 930, it takes really good pictures, but not so great-unique. You can search for samples on the net though, don't want to let you down.
i need suggestion from someone, i dont know if i should get Lumia 1020,930 0r 1520... i know that lumia 1020 have 41 megapixel and all that but i really love 6 inch screen of 1520,strong battery life and also sd card, also wanted to ask its the same quality camera of 930 and 1520 i mean 20 megapixel camera? also its big difference in camera of 1020 and 1520?? whhat you suggest? im a big fan of camera, hope someone will answer and help, thanks.
Microsoft has already announced that all phones running Win OS 8 (including Lumia 520) will be upgraded to Win OS 10. This update is expected in 2015. So rest assure bro, L930 is upgradeable to OS 10. & OS 10 has already been deveoped & it is in final stage of testing.
1. VOIP call support very bad, Common net dialers are not available. Dialers like, pronto dialer, hellobyte, apple dialer, mac dialer, olive dialer, zen dialer, (whatever voip dialers are available in WP store are useless and cannot easily buy credit for the same)
2. No calling option on BBM on windows phone
3. ICQ also not working, only rings other person cannot hear the ring and also using windows phone
4. Cannot click picture while video recording, which is possible in Android and ioS
5. No calling option on facebook messenger like ios and android
6. Cannot attach/download audio file (mp3) in whatsapp
7. No app to app calling apps, like talkray, Vonage, maaii, tango, viber
8. VPN is not so easy to use like in android and ioS
AnonD-327767, 05 Nov 2014cute tube is an excellent youtube app as well! you can use it to search for videos on dailymot... moreHmm, I can't find it in the store. Maybe I should try change region. Does it have Full HD support? The one I use has only HD :/
Fallen138, 04 Nov 2014Just about YouTube it was Google that forced Microsoft to remove a nice YouTube app MS had mad... morecute tube is an excellent youtube app as well! you can use it to search for videos on dailymotion and vimeo as well... and unlike the youtube app I used to have it seems to support better resolution when available
google has no issues making apps for iOS but it does not want to make apps for WP. Therefore it's just a childish and pathetic company. Glad I don't use google.
SohailZafar, 04 Nov 2014~MY THOUGHTS WINDOWS PHONE 8.1~
Having using using Microsoft ecosystem since last May on my s... moreJust about YouTube it was Google that forced Microsoft to remove a nice YouTube app MS had made. But I think that you can still find some great unofficial YouTube apps. I am using MyTube and it is far better than Andoid YouTube app. Generally I think Google doesn't care to make apps for WP, not MS.
I liked your review anyway!
~MY THOUGHTS WINDOWS PHONE 8.1~
Having using using Microsoft ecosystem since last May on my secondary NL720 device. Although it has some cons. but overall configuration of OS is really sleek and stylish. It will take a while for familiar.
No doubt Microsoft done a superb job to established its mobile OS to give customers another option in very competitive smartphone market where Android is the king.The good which i like is u can control your background running apps, in result of this OS battery last a long, although live tiles are also a unique idea to stay updated but tiles updates info only for some period of the day.
1. SETTINGS: 1st major cons. of this OS is its settings menu which is really confusing it should be determined in a different category wise tabs or groups for easy and user friendly access. But Microsoft throw all controling components of OS and settings here and there. Suppose if you are looking for hard reset option or mobile data option or even you want to copy your contacts from sim to phone then it will definitely make you annoy to find all this in emergency.
2. CONTACTS: If you store two different numbers with same name in your contact list and u want to make call one of them well no you press one name and it will automatically make call without showing number which is obviously irritating. Even if you want to copy your contacts from sim to phone then its really hard to find where the hell this option us exist specialy if u r new user even it took 2 to 3 days for me to find out this which is located in people hub option. Finally whenever u want to store or create any new contact it didn't display the storage location like sim, email or phone.
3. ACTON CENTRE TOGGLES: In action centre there is only 6 toggles u can add it should have more option for new toggles to add specialy heavily used mobile data option which didn't exist in action centre.
Above all cons are only my thoughts and observation and they are the minor issues which will definatly solve in near future updates.
Most of commonly used apps are there in store but majority of those apps are still in beta phase and functionality wise they are 2 years behind specialy social apps (like FB, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram,Viber etc) then Google and Apple apps library.
THE MOST concerning thing is that windows phone didn't have any Google & Apple apps in its store . Which is really sad and main problem for its downfall.Majority of the customers in globe are using google apps to meet their daily demands specialy google maps for navigation and entertaining youtube app . Although Here maps are good option but this application have some issues in some regions like in my country Pakistan . Microsoft should sort out what matter they have had with Google on urgent basis to brings there apps in WP store. If it happens then it will be a huge bonus for this OS . Even Google and Apple have each other apps in their respective stores including Microsoft apps as well, then why windows phone dont have all this stuff in its store . Microsoft become so lazy to sort out these issues with other vendors otherwise they will lose the battle and majority of their customers will shift to other OS.Even i am also shifted to Andriod although i like windowsphone so much and functionality and smoothness wise i rated it above on andriod and iOS.
These are the genuine issues which i found during my experience and then describe here to share with all of you . Microsoft has to address all these matters on war footing basis to stay alive in competition.
Thanks and Waiting For Your Thought's ..
tony, 26 Oct 2014can this phone update to windows 10?Brother first let Windows Phone 10 take Birth ! For now the latest version of WP is 8.1 and 8.1.1 is available for developers
Anonymous, 01 Nov 2014Does this phone have a place for SD card No it does not support
I like the blue color, but unfortunately there is not available in all series of lumia
Anonymous, 01 Nov 2014Does this phone have a place for SD card lumia 930 really awsome phone
We need a 935 before 1030
with improved specs
SD801 or 805
Better Front Cam(Wide Angle 5MP)
4k and slow motion video support
Thinner Bezels and thinner body
1080p Screen is OK No need for QHD screens we can expect QHD from 1030 and 1530
2800 mah + battery