Battery usually takes 1-2 weeks to settle down. Also turn off background apps that you don't need running in Battery Saver app.
I've played with the Lumia 930 (got it on contract, rather cheaply) and decided to return it. Why?
- abysmal battery life. I'm an intensive user, always connected to 4G, using 2 storage clouds and sync'ing 4 email accounts across Microsoft, Google and Yahoo. The battery doesn't last the day. Almost fully charged in the morning, I return home after 8hrs with around 15% left.
- no support for apps I need: my provider makes a few great apps that I assumed they were fully supported for WP. They are not. Integration with Yahoo Mail is horrendous (aside from the useless UI, you delete a mail from inbox? it's still there on YM, unlike Android). Poorly implemented Hangouts, no GApps, no official Yahoo app.
- no SD card support. WP 8.1 takes much less space than Android, sure, but even with 26Gb available out of the box (as opposed to 18Gb for my former Note 3) it's annoying to manage for music lover like me (for those who play on mobiles it's impossible).
.... and that's that.
- phone feels amazing in hand: 5' size is the best IMHO. It's a bit on the heavy side but I found I really like that as it makes the phone feel serious and reliable (which it is).
- screen is great: perfect legibility in sunlight, minimal color distortion, great contrast
- as a long time Android user (and developer) I found the UI stunning from an usability point of view. No wasted space, live tiles are an amazing way to keep the user updated with info non-intrusively.
- new WiFi sense that allows you to share WiFi connection info to contacts can be awesome. It can also be annoying (we have two wifi in a shared apartment, my gf also has a Lumia and sometimes connects to another network, after I got my 930 I come home only to automatically connect to that other network which is slow as hell).
- some amazing apps: Facebook on WP is much better than on Android, Nokia Storyteller, OneNote, the Nokia camera app and most other Nokia/MS apps are simply awesome. Android has a lot to learn.
- camera is the best. Big sensor, super quality. Don't care about filming or 4k.
- Cortana is great, even if you live outside the US and just switch regions. Much better than Google Now, even if the latter can push more useful info without hassle. Also I Like it how Cortana integrates with some apps like LinkedIn.
In the end it came down to what I need. I really need some of the poorly supported/missing apps. And I need a better battery life. Not everyone can be a Z2 but given the Lumia Icon experience, MS/Nokia should have done better.
I also learned I love WP 8.1 live tiles UI on the phone (still hate it on laptop). As a developer I have a lot more good things to say about the 930 WP 8.1 system (such as the great support you receive to develop Cortana-enabled apps).
Eventually I might pick it up again, sometime in the future, hopefully in an updated version with better battery.
AnonD-285204, 19 Jul 2014Nokia Lumia 930 was listed on Nokia India site as "Coming soon" and I have been foll... moreIt is really strange, Nokia know what they are planning, whether to launch this in India or not at present.
I bought my 930 today in p4u. Seen it .girl let me feel the white one out of the box. I snapped it up. I wasn't sure a month ago. But after handling it. Its mega nice. Fantastic screen. Good sound. 8.1 and cyan in board . I can now adjust my phone speaker equaliser like the old Nokia n95.
Smooth as butter in hot summer. If your thinking bought it. Just get it. I love it
this phone is a monster. i was an android user back days and trying lumia 520, now i never touch my android. about the OS, i like if they delete notification center (just put action center only) and make some improvements in live tile.
sorry for my bad english
Guys how is the battery life?
If I use it for say 3-4 hr music + 2 hr video per day + mail app, how much it will drain?
Nokia Lumia 930 was listed on Nokia India site as "Coming soon" and I have been following it with huge interest. But 930 is no longer listed now.
For the last three days, there is no Lumia 930 page on Nokia India site. Wonder why?...
NOkia Lumia 930 was listed on Nokia India as Coming soon. But the phone is no longer listed now? For the last three days Nokia 930 page is gone. Strange?...
Microsoft has certainly been interventionist during the few years that lasted its industrial partnership with Nokia. Slowly but surely, the Finnish manufacturer has moved away from its conductive lines introduced in 2011 with the Lumia 800. Round and tapered lines, similar to those of N9, the only Meego smartphone Nokia. Lines that Nokia has maintained throughout the three years of virtual independence, with the Lumia 720, 820, 920, 1020 and 1520. Already with the Lumia 925, some differences appear. With the 930, the step is far more pronounced. As if Microsoft had not yet taken on Nokia during the development of this mobile announced a few days before the actual redemption of Devices & Services business which it is today form Microsoft Mobile.
More than any other feature of the Lumia smartphone range, the new phones coming out 930 is a symbol. That a transition between Nokia and Microsoft Mobile. First flagship to promote Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia Cyan, it bears the marks of an ambitious two-headed strategy, but clearly influenced by Microsoft.
full repport @ http://newphonescomingout2.blogspot.com/2014/07/new-phones-coming-out-nokia-lumia-930.html
specs are good but internal memory could have been more like 64 GB or 128 GB. with only 32 GB, memory will get exhausted quickly if you are game love and download some of the huge games available in for WP.
otherwise great phone
raj, 18 Jul 2014From my lumia 520. I am unable to attach pdf file with my mail. Can anyone help mego the pdf file itself and right click on the file, click share and your email will be there as an option. Make sure your email settings is already set up
raj, 18 Jul 2014From my lumia 520. I am unable to attach pdf file with my mail. Can anyone help meupdate to windows 8.1. install the "files" app which is the official file manager. then you will be able to long press on a file of any type in the file manager and share it using the email client.
Although even I cannot find a way to attach a pdf file to a mail from the compose dialogue.