I have Nokia Lumia 930 for a few days. The battery is discharging for 5% per hour if use it normally.
This is a nice smartphone,but I am so disappointed by battery...
In the past I had Lumia 1320 and I sold it, and now I am sorry for that. The Lumia 1320 have a battery for two-three days.
Nokia MS has gone mad, releasing 2qtrs back spex of 1520 now, without sd slot ad smaller screen. 930 batt is putz!
I wud still prefer 1520 even now at 500$ n warranty.
Wireless charge started n 920 but never picked up till today.
930 is dam expensive, think twice before buying a out dated spex.
I soooo want this phone. But no glance screen support!!! Hoping that the 1020 successor has this, + I'm all in with wireless charging. So convenient I'll never switch back to wires lol.
WP8.1 is the best OS out there right now.
ankeet gala, 19 Jul 2014what is the price you bought609USD w/out tax and shipment.
Timing of entry into the market for Nokia Lumia 930 is bad talking about the specs compared to other phones released but i love the design & waiting to buy one.
Lumia 930 was removed from Nokia India's official website 2 days back. Am afraid this phone would never come to India....
Battery usually takes 1-2 weeks to settle down. Also turn off background apps that you don't need running in Battery Saver app.
I've played with the Lumia 930 (got it on contract, rather cheaply) and decided to return it. Why?
- abysmal battery life. I'm an intensive user, always connected to 4G, using 2 storage clouds and sync'ing 4 email accounts across Microsoft, Google and Yahoo. The battery doesn't last the day. Almost fully charged in the morning, I return home after 8hrs with around 15% left.
- no support for apps I need: my provider makes a few great apps that I assumed they were fully supported for WP. They are not. Integration with Yahoo Mail is horrendous (aside from the useless UI, you delete a mail from inbox? it's still there on YM, unlike Android). Poorly implemented Hangouts, no GApps, no official Yahoo app.
- no SD card support. WP 8.1 takes much less space than Android, sure, but even with 26Gb available out of the box (as opposed to 18Gb for my former Note 3) it's annoying to manage for music lover like me (for those who play on mobiles it's impossible).
.... and that's that.
- phone feels amazing in hand: 5' size is the best IMHO. It's a bit on the heavy side but I found I really like that as it makes the phone feel serious and reliable (which it is).
- screen is great: perfect legibility in sunlight, minimal color distortion, great contrast
- as a long time Android user (and developer) I found the UI stunning from an usability point of view. No wasted space, live tiles are an amazing way to keep the user updated with info non-intrusively.
- new WiFi sense that allows you to share WiFi connection info to contacts can be awesome. It can also be annoying (we have two wifi in a shared apartment, my gf also has a Lumia and sometimes connects to another network, after I got my 930 I come home only to automatically connect to that other network which is slow as hell).
- some amazing apps: Facebook on WP is much better than on Android, Nokia Storyteller, OneNote, the Nokia camera app and most other Nokia/MS apps are simply awesome. Android has a lot to learn.
- camera is the best. Big sensor, super quality. Don't care about filming or 4k.
- Cortana is great, even if you live outside the US and just switch regions. Much better than Google Now, even if the latter can push more useful info without hassle. Also I Like it how Cortana integrates with some apps like LinkedIn.
In the end it came down to what I need. I really need some of the poorly supported/missing apps. And I need a better battery life. Not everyone can be a Z2 but given the Lumia Icon experience, MS/Nokia should have done better.
I also learned I love WP 8.1 live tiles UI on the phone (still hate it on laptop). As a developer I have a lot more good things to say about the 930 WP 8.1 system (such as the great support you receive to develop Cortana-enabled apps).
Eventually I might pick it up again, sometime in the future, hopefully in an updated version with better battery.
AnonD-285204, 19 Jul 2014Nokia Lumia 930 was listed on Nokia India site as "Coming soon" and I have been foll... moreIt is really strange, Nokia know what they are planning, whether to launch this in India or not at present.
I bought my 930 today in p4u. Seen it .girl let me feel the white one out of the box. I snapped it up. I wasn't sure a month ago. But after handling it. Its mega nice. Fantastic screen. Good sound. 8.1 and cyan in board . I can now adjust my phone speaker equaliser like the old Nokia n95.
Smooth as butter in hot summer. If your thinking bought it. Just get it. I love it