this phone is amazin, it comes standar with ptt technology (unlike luppos L7) and has the best spec available considering the cheap price (handsets around £300, unlike the cheapo SLVR's £120) jus get one please
plzzzzzzzzzz anybody tell me its processor speed mean cpu speed.i m waiting.byeeeeeeeee
i just was just going through the particulars of this phone .. and i came accrross this .. about the os of the phone .. it says here "Symbian OS 8.1a , Series 60 UI"
does this mean its a series 60 phone ... and what does UI mean ???
I said I`ll let you know how long the battery lasted. Well, I charged it on tuesday 25th (at noon) and lasted `till today, May 2nd (in the morning).
Conditions: almost stand-by (no calling, no games, no photo-video), just some beeps + SMS received.
i have had this phone a couple of months now, and i think it is the best phone on the market 4 this amount of cash. the camera quality is crystal, as is the screen, and its immensely user friendly. get it, n u wont regret it, plus its free on an o2 contract ;-)
i think there's a faulty batch of phones out there. i live in pakistan and bought the N70 at the same time as several friends and colleagues. almost all of us have had the same problem as hoss described, the phone often doesn't ring! call is displayed but phone stays silent, so if u don't look at the phone u don't know there's a call. unfortunately there's no mention of this bug on nokia's site and the dealer here doesn't know anything about it. does anyone know where to download a patch software to correct this problem, short of having to send the phone back to an authorised service center far away? direct replies to firstname.lastname@example.org much appreciated!
Belive me! this nokia n70 is a very unfortunate set!like the diamond 'blue hope'!whoever bought this set they lost it. my one also stolen!
i think the internal ram of N70 is only 22MB. i dont know whether it's true that they used up some memory to speak to themself but the "Memory in used" is keep up increasing... so i dont know this is normal or not...
I have another problem with this phone: some contacts saved which are in my phone book don't ring when the people call me and also some new people or some land lines. I realised that if i put on silent i don't miss a call but when i select ringing it fails...I don't know how to solve this and i am missing very important calls...Help me please.
can anyone plese help me with my phone. well, got no problem at all because i just got this last week.
anyway.. i want to maximize the use of N70. for me, the front camera sucks compared ofcourse to the camera at the back of the phone. is there anyway that i can make the picture of the front camera better?
next is about the music files. im currently transfering audio files pc to phone on a M4A 48 kbps because i want to maximize the space. but there is still a lower option and that is the 32kps but i dont transfer at that rate because the music is not good. now, is there anything that i can do to transfer on a 32 kbps rate with still a good quality of music.
help please! i bet if anyone would answer this, it would help many... üÜü
I think you`re talking `bout the fact that, although the memory is about 32-35Mb, you having installed only 1.3Mb, it shows that it`s only got 25 or so left, right?
Well, let me tell you something that I guess it`s true: I have a 256Mb Mp3 Player that, when it`s free of memory, it shows also only 244Mb. My guess is, that those electronic devices need some secure memory (so to speak) for themselves, so you can format them, etc. I don`t know for sure, but they use that particular part of the memory for different things they need.
Honestly, I think its the best phone by far.Dont mind the size as its got enough features...
regrading the internal phone memory... does anyone know how to free the max memory?? the memory in use shown (1300KB) is it normal???
Hi, can you help me: i'm trying to save a contact but the number is saved and also the name. The problem is that when that person calls me it only shows me the number...how can i solve this problem. Thanx
I don`t want to get involved with diff. sh_t, and then to get some viruses (if I`ll find it on the Net).
If it`s available in brand-stores (where I got my phone), then I`ll buy it. But, even then, I wouldn`t want to play Nokia`s game and for each bug to buy-download everytime something. It`s almost a shame...
By now, I`ve already got used to this small problem.
i'm confused..... my symantec software says it expire on september 2006. wht da hell i'll do after that. i got f-secure. will it work?
plzzzzzzz some1 reply
All you need is to get V5 Firmware that will solve your media key problem out
You`ll see, at the begining of your user guide it`s also written N70-1. It`s the same phone, but other wiseguys just like to mumble about it all around!
I say you try the 512Mb first. It will surely work. Besides, you don`t know yet if you`d like that much space. I say take it step by step...
Nokia Mobile Phones Service Bulletin No.
New features in MCU SW 5.0609.2.0.1
* Bluetooth: A note implemented to the end user when activating Bluetooth from "Settings" menu, if the Bluetooth profile is set to hidden.
* Music Player Improvements
* Scanning both phone & MMC memory
* Better playlist support
* Active Idle plugin support
* Improve supported media
* Better support for Albums & Artist meta data
* Browser: The X-Oma-Drm-SD header implemented
* Sensitivity of Brightness Modification in Image Editor increased
* Flash lite support in Media Gallery reintroduced
* Speed of Returning from sequence post*capture view with many images increased
* Active Standby icon for e*mail correctly aligned
* Autolock/Anykey relationship realigned
* Night mode icon modified
* PIN code request sequence set correctly. Sleep mode behavior now appropriate
* Camera StartUp time improved
* Camera behavior in relation to ?keypad lock? improved
* Switching to secondary camera in video mode when burst is enabled: Sequencing improved.
* Sequence capture behavioral improvements when application closes
* Closing Left Navi Key no longer adversely affects saving sequence images
* Long sequence capture retains images
* Error note handling improved
* Inserting MMC will not close Gallery
* When adding thumbnails from folder - images now shown
* Added Image resolution is correctly aligned
* Slide show with music. Improvements in audio level settings and call handling behavior
* Image counter updated when memory card is replaced
* Music Player allows battery low warnings to be displayed
* JPEG decoding improved
* Notepad now opens large text files
* Creating audio*only clip in high quality mode (MP4) allowed
* MMS postcard name entering improved
* Access point configurator application and database improvements
* Chinese language FM radio: Selecting profile sequence corrected
* View certificate details for DRM content displayed correctly
* Opening OMA DRM protected audio/mp3 files in Browser facilitated
* Handset stability improved when using SAT menu originated SMS services
* 'Memory card not available' note disappears when appropriate after closing embedded app
* When search label is used for selecting the attachment to MMS, correct sequence takes place
* Wrongly formatted SIP addresses no longer cause handset to freeze.
* Reliability of Bluetooth connectivity improved
* Audio quality of voice command with BT headsets improved
* VS Cancel sequence correctly aligned
* Real player closing sequence after ISHO realigned
* ?Video Sharing" prompts now appear when appropriate
* Correct response to MO when MT ignores an invite in place.
* Emergency number update according to regulations
* Alternative ?Ringtone? issue resolved
* Simultaneous Video call and SMS receipt prompts correct ring tones.
* Video telephony Inter Operability optimized
* RSSI measurements in 2G re*evaluated
* Performance has been maximized by improving the 2G > 3G reselection algorithm