1) Good camera & sound = SE
2) Good music = Motorla
3) Good software = Nokia (Symbian)
I bought Nokia because i like its Symbian OS. Else I will be migrated to SE already.
Good points you writ here LINX about folders in the galery, is a big step back for Nokia...Iwonder what can happen if Nokia will put to every phone another MENU,With every new one you will need to learn every move...
N80 is briliant, but I will have to wait a lot and the price will be the beautiful as the phone.But you know how the people say...one step in front of the other...First an N70 and in a few months...N80,or why not N92 the beautiful one with TV,news everywere,fresh music...:)
hello everyone ...DOES anyone know if I can use the blitz like a flashlight,to work continous???If yes, how you do it??
Well i am a new owner of the Nokia N70 and i must say i am not overly please with the device. As stated it is too slow as a phone and there are some memory management issues in a few areas. The gallery was the worst idea ever. It makes arranging the media on the phone very slow and untidy. When entering into my gallery with around 600 poeces of media it took 4 minutes to load (no progs running in the background) why would you load so much data into memory on a phone. Not being able to make folders is criminal. People like to categorise pics and videos in different folders to be organised. Imagine looking for a picture you took a few months ago and having to trawl through all of your media to get to it. The Jpeg decoder is very slow in updating images and this is not accepable considering the system was not broken before. This should have been an option and not a necessity in this OS. I hope they sort this out in the next firmware. Pissing me off already, especially my private images. Dont need to mention the crap alarm again. But over all theses are the main issues so far in a few hours of using the phone. More comments later. Keep up the work guys. You have the best reviews on the net. Peace
i have compared the photoes taken by N70 to the ones taken by 6280 and trust me N70 sucks....the lens is rubbish
i bought 1 a few weeks ago. generally its quite good but there are a few apps which when u open it starts lagging or jus takes way 2 long 2 open
I have had this phone since November. It is the 2nd one as the 1st kept on freezing and wouldnt always connect to my bluetooth. I got it replaced but I am still having some problems. Some functions freeze and the only way of turning it off is to take out the battery. Once it has rebooted, it works perfectly.........until the next time! Any suggestions apart from getting another one?
If i buy this phone.. I expect my money to be worth it.. which i mean all the function of this phone will work in my ability..
So my point is.. This phone has 3G features. If this phone's 3G capabilities will not work in the US.. why should I buy it?
Check this out.. Look at the example of the 668X series.. They made 6680 a 3G phone.. and they made an exact same model without 3G and called it 6681..
Which is my point again is you should buy a phone that would fit your lifestyle.. Not just for the flashy design and the popularity of it.
i own N70 since november 2005 and so far i havent found any flaws on it. Its a small, compact, gorgeous and absolute latest handphone of all time. the features are breathtaking. except the small buttons but that can be forgiven. the battery lasted at least 2 days if you're doing extreme picture taking, messaging and web browsing. If not, up to 6-7 days on standby mode. MP3 sounds are amazing and picture quality superb.
the N70 will work as a normal phone in USA. the problem people keep mentioning with the phone is the 3g frequency proposed which is incompatable with european models. this phone is great with fantastic features and a superb camera, ignore all that 1.92mp bolloks! buy and enjoy!!!
what ever michale says about the callender is wrong!! its the same calender as other s60 mobiles and who ever complained about them? me thinks hes some sony ericsson fan boy.
I got this mobile yesterday and it rocks..yeah it had a few problrms at first but i got no how to fix it.So people if ur thinkin of buyin this mobile, dont think, hurry before it gets too late.
I just got this phone today...
In my opinion, it's great...!
I had first problem with PC Suite, but I found a way to fix it quickly...
This phone rox, no matter what!!! =D
This is my 4th Nokia N70 in just 2 weeks and I’m not impressed.
The first one kept on hanging on menus. The only way to reset it was to take the battery out. The second one was brand new out of the box. I charged the battery over night and woke up to find that the screen had black and white lines on it. Using it that day I discovered that the screen saver was the causing this. For the third phone, I selected a preset ring tone that came with it. When ever the phone rang the tone would work fine for the first 2 rings ok but then would play the tone as if it’s on a flat battery.
When it was working, the features of the phone are not that great.
• It’s very slow to load up menus. I mean “snail” slow it’s not funny.
• With such a big screen you would think there is some option to make the fonts larger for SMS, or Calender.
• Very small amount of calendar options from within the phone, to set up appointments.
• Ringing volume is not loud enough when set to maximum. Half the times I cant here the ring tone if it’s in my pocket. My other Nokia’s are much louder.
• The options you get for calendar are not as great as other brands and previous Nokia’s
• Very prone to minor scratches. Honestly, I walk around with this phone at work in my hand because it gets minor surfaces scratches very easily in my pocket.
• The radio can only be used if you have plugged in enhancements. Such as the accompanied ear phones. With these the radio will not even switch on! What a shame if you have forgotten your ear phones at home.
• PC suite software made me laugh. I can do all sorts of things with the software except manage my contacts. I can create a contact from the software and upload it to the phone but I can’t download all my current contacts on my phone my edit them etc…..
• PC Drivers for the phone are not recognised on my brother’s brand new computer. However they do work on my work notebook. I have loaded the latest version (6.7 I think) of Nokia PC Suite and it has not helped.
• Awesome camera features though, but it’s a shame I don’t want a “Camera” I want a “Phone”.
For a business professional this phone is not up to speed and it’s advertised as one. Socially, this phone is awesome. Its camera features are great and I have to admit the camera does very well in the dark. It’s a shame thought,
I don’t want a “Camera” I want a “Phone”. : -(
No music files, ring tones, software was loaded on any of the phones. So if any one tries to blame outside software then don’t.