Im using it for the past one month. I didnt find any fault in it. the design is good, Handy when compared to N90 Series. Audio clarity is also good when compared to other Nokia Series Mobiles. Audio clarity is clear when using Headphones. Over all Good design, Good Features Good Performance.
What do you guys think of the bat life compare to the N70 and 6280 thinking of it but I saw the life on the N80 and am a sceptic after that. please please please help need to know by the 11-07-2006
i wish to record some of my unpleasant experiences with the N71:
1) the gallery/images & video will stutter upon selection. when a picture is chosen it will jerk before displaying. if a picture is backed, a similar jerkiness is also seen. this is irritating to the eye, but according to staff at the nokia centre the fault is inherent in this model. shouldn't the new symbian o/s be better?
2) voice reception is acceptable but not as clear as the N70, my previous model. the quality of tone wavers and fades from time to time according to environ.
3) headset is not ideal. there is a slight buffering noise in the background. the end point does not fit well into the radio slot, allowing frequent adjusting to the connection.
4) after about 37 days into using this model the covers are giving me problems. slight pressure, as i sometimes keep it in my trouser pocket, will automatically switch off the set. to turn the mobile on again, several presses on the on/off button is required. also, this does not guarantee that it will continue to function as per normal for the set, when opening or closing or slight depressing of the keypad cover happened, disables the mobile again. it is indeed frustrating to constantly keep the N71 alive.
5) after web browsing and exit, the 3G/double arrows still shows. this ought not to be the case and the system should return it to the larger font, "3G". let's say a user is unaware of this, can you imagine the bill at the end of the month incurred for non online usage? i had to exit twice before my connection was terminated.
6) in some areas, reception can be down and out for an unspecified length of time. this is not the case with my previous phone.
i like the design and feel of this model, but in a way i am very disappointed with its slack performance.
not even a month of using the phone and it had to go for repairs. there is a problem with te network reception. but still love the phone
n71 it has 3 g umts suppot and can offer fast data tranfer via gprs and edge besides the 2 mega pixels camera there is one camera for video call.display of the n71 is really very good high quality camera with flash made me to buy this.
Can some of you users please post an input on N71's audio quality n quality of it's music player ?
Wow a flip phone with large screen, I wonder if it has LARGE FONT . . .
I would like to know from forum about the speaker of N71.Since i am looking forward to buy it please tell me about it
i like this phone but since its expensive ill buy 6131 instead... huhuhu...
very nice and clear.
symbyan.mobiletheme;mobile9 with google & i"m lucky.
mess with agilemessenger.
and mai phone work fast.
in principal it's a matter of taste
sigh..the more i read..the more i feel afraid to buy N71.. some says it's more for males.. but i want it..though i'm female.
is it ok for female?
and i really have to make sure bout its sound.. does is suck??
and i heard that only a few people are interested in this phone.
for grograms,games and themes there is
a very good site
Hello Dear Nokia N71 User friends!
I own an N71 and Im interested where I can find programs, applications, themes. Any websites you people know?
And does anyone know how to take the phone apart?
the music mp3 quality is not as loud or clear as 3230 or that twist phone.. i haven't tried the ACC file as my ringtone tho but mp3 yea.. i don have any hearing problem but to me, if i play it to level 7 or 8, then it'll b ok.. sumting wrong wif my speaker?
n one more thing.. no links for the symbian downloads? or java applications which is applicable for this fon? i'm itching to sell this fon if there's still not symbian ware which is applicable..
the model is really nice..and it looks complete on fitures.
but umm..i'm curious bout its audio player?? does it sound nice?? coz i ever bought nokia 3230 that's advertised as Music Phone, but it sucks! so if the audio player of N71 was cool, I'd buy it!