does anyone know how to change the front face plate? got some instructions thru yahoo & google, tried to do it but it was really difficult.. if i bring it to Nokia Care Center do you think they will do it for me even if i bring my own replacement casing and not buy the casing from them? any suggestions?
@MSMF go to nokia site and search for Nokia Software updatre aka NSU. Then follow on-screen instructions!
music downloaded from itunes in right protected and cant be put onto mobile devices.
hey..can v display smilys on our fones....cuz in sony u can n also in some nokia fones..plz helf..if thr's any software available too
this phone is close to the best phone i've ever had. it's supurb.
one problem... the joystick nipple thing... it just falls off after a few months. I sent my phone in twice. nokia sort it each time no quibble. otherwise i've no gripes - would say buy this phone to anyone.
how cn i upgrade my n73??? because my cell phone is very slow... v2.0618.104.22.168...
is their a website that i cn upgrde my cell phone???? tnx
I have a Nokia N73, and i dont think its good. I cant download mp3 music from the itunes and i cant put in music. I believe these files are supposed to be able to put in the cell, but i couldnt. I am wondering if i should buy a N73 Music Edition so that i can download the music there.
should i update my N73ME Version 3 to Version 4?
ca everybody is saying version 4 is slower than version 4...
and what is ad2p?
I update the Firmware from V 3.0722.214.171.124 to V 4.07126.96.36.199 . That was a bad mistake. From now on, I can´t connect to my Bluetooth GPS mouse. The Mouse will be reconnized, but not data transfer. Nokia sending me wrong ore foolish responses. But this happend to many other guys. You can read this in Nokias own board - but Nokia hold it down. I wonder, if this bug will be fixed in the next Firmware- release. (The Nokia GPS-Mouse LD-3W, so say other N73 owners, works perfect.)
hellooooo all from australia.
just wondering, have been looking around blindly on the net for the sms storage capacity on this little fella.
most sites either have '0', or just a tic.
anyone have any ideas??
as for my opinion on the phone, i only bought it cos i lose my phones fairly often, and even though a dedicated sony ericsson customer, thought i should give another brand a try.
the only thing i prefer on the nokia is the wall charger.
apart from that, in my opinion SE is miles ahead.
I bought one 3 months ago, sold it again. Started getting very slow, games start fast and then it gets slower as you play. Its a bit bulky but still a good phone for business. It has nice features but was expecting a lot more from the phone
please help.i ve got this fone and its about 10 days now,the pics taken by the mobile just disappear after 2,3 days while the wallpapers and the other stuff remains there,please help,i am v.much dishearted about this
its a really good phone. no problems with the joystick whatsoever. i guess its how we take care of the phone. it had a few problems when i first got it like it used to shut down for no reason but after a month or so it didnt give me anymore problems. really great phone and the camera is also very good. the best phone to get. but u should take care of ur phone if u want it to last. i have been using mine for 11 months now and no problems at all.
by the time, u all discuss abt N73 - whether to buy or not; or whether it's a good phone or not, there are other models out already. dun waste ur time. get a life!
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW version 3.0705.1.0.31 to version 4.07188.8.131.52:
- New features
- FOTA (Flashing Over The Air)
- Bluetooth Stereo
- A2DP Support
- Dial-up over IR
- Lifetimer Reset for reflashed phones
- Vibra Boot notification
- Configurable Flash setting function for Camera
- Secure Formatter with TCB and All-Files capabilities
- N Series Music Player replaces S60 Music Player
- Online Album included
- Active Standby + UI Grid layout + application locations changed in-line with Pre-Space UI layout.
- Removed features:
- Weather Deck wording alignment
- Spurious “Out of Memory” indications
- Icons and text in Application Shell
- Icon in “Catalogs”
- Folder validity updates
- Alarm clock function, when handset is turned off
- Active Standby Shortcut 6 function
- Quick Office “Save” options
- Bluetooth search “Searching for Devices”
- Camera can not be launched if RAM is low.
- Music player - Indicator appears on the idle state background, after saving a music track
- Phone reboots if wrong memory card password is entered
- Memory card details are not read correctly if the card is locked by DUV
- Tutorial – Occasional malfunction
- Music player starts when BT stereo headset is switched OFF
- Unable to create FOTA Server profile
- "System Error" occurs when trying to synchronize after restoring the backed up info.
- "App. Closed: Device manager" is detected after exiting from New server profile view.
- Gallery crashes or phone reboots when moving rocker after making a new album in gallery
- Long name for messaging settings makes messaging unusable
- Online Print improvement.
- Streaming improment for H3G
i read (in the changelog) that the n73 ME with the latest firmware update has a2dp support. does anyone know if that's true? cause i don't have a stereo bluetooth headset to test and i don't know anyone that has one to test this...
It is a great phone. It is the first time for ages that I keep the same phone for over a year. And I will keep this one for a while because I dont see anything coming from Nokia with such a good battery (the N80 only lasted for a month before I gave it away in favor of this one). Just one thing: Wish Nokia could reintroduce this keypad autolock that can be deactivated by the push of two buttons, not a code and not this horrible key picture on the screen that covers the photo of my wife as if Nokia doesnt want her on my phone!!!!