by the time, u all discuss abt N73 - whether to buy or not; or whether it's a good phone or not, there are other models out already. dun waste ur time. get a life!
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW version 3.0705.1.0.31 to version 4.0718.104.22.168:
- New features
- FOTA (Flashing Over The Air)
- Bluetooth Stereo
- A2DP Support
- Dial-up over IR
- Lifetimer Reset for reflashed phones
- Vibra Boot notification
- Configurable Flash setting function for Camera
- Secure Formatter with TCB and All-Files capabilities
- N Series Music Player replaces S60 Music Player
- Online Album included
- Active Standby + UI Grid layout + application locations changed in-line with Pre-Space UI layout.
- Removed features:
- Weather Deck wording alignment
- Spurious “Out of Memory” indications
- Icons and text in Application Shell
- Icon in “Catalogs”
- Folder validity updates
- Alarm clock function, when handset is turned off
- Active Standby Shortcut 6 function
- Quick Office “Save” options
- Bluetooth search “Searching for Devices”
- Camera can not be launched if RAM is low.
- Music player - Indicator appears on the idle state background, after saving a music track
- Phone reboots if wrong memory card password is entered
- Memory card details are not read correctly if the card is locked by DUV
- Tutorial – Occasional malfunction
- Music player starts when BT stereo headset is switched OFF
- Unable to create FOTA Server profile
- "System Error" occurs when trying to synchronize after restoring the backed up info.
- "App. Closed: Device manager" is detected after exiting from New server profile view.
- Gallery crashes or phone reboots when moving rocker after making a new album in gallery
- Long name for messaging settings makes messaging unusable
- Online Print improvement.
- Streaming improment for H3G
i read (in the changelog) that the n73 ME with the latest firmware update has a2dp support. does anyone know if that's true? cause i don't have a stereo bluetooth headset to test and i don't know anyone that has one to test this...
It is a great phone. It is the first time for ages that I keep the same phone for over a year. And I will keep this one for a while because I dont see anything coming from Nokia with such a good battery (the N80 only lasted for a month before I gave it away in favor of this one). Just one thing: Wish Nokia could reintroduce this keypad autolock that can be deactivated by the push of two buttons, not a code and not this horrible key picture on the screen that covers the photo of my wife as if Nokia doesnt want her on my phone!!!!
k fine... the main problem here is the joystick... even i had hell lotta trouble wid it... so what causes it? ur jeans pocket!! i bought a crystal case 4 the phone which had a joystick protection too... and what do u kno.. its got better!! and 4 those of u who complain 4 slow software.. upgrade the firmware.. thats what firmwares r 4.. i hav no regrets buyin this...
Oh yeah, and if all that wasnt bad enough; the middle 'joystick' button just fell off and i never found it again!!
DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!!
I bought it after reading reviews on this website and was so let down. Its like a 15yr old computer, crashes all the time; takes ages to load programmes; to boot up from power on; displaying incoming calls start with a blank screen and a vibrating phone, then about 5/10seconds later the screen finally wakes up to the fact that its needed!!
The camera, which is said to be very good produced images (if i was lucky- sometimes just a black screen) worse than that on my previous sony ericson W800(i think, the first walkman one with a camera anyway).
What a rubbish phone, it promised so much too!
n73 is the coolest phone you could ever have next to n95! =) i've had it for 10 months and its still in its top condition. The joystick's fine. got no problems with it so far. =)
can anyone tell me if n73's joystick good? and is the phone very lack.. slow? hope anyone can tell cos im buying n73 soon.. im afraid it will not worth it.. yupp.. thkq..
All i can say is Brilliant Phone.. very cool and very stylish.. just like diamond ring in hand. i got this phone yesterday and i am very happy to get it. work so fast.. i used to have E65 mobile.. but i was not happy about it.
one thing i wanted to ask is what is light sensor...
for themes you can go to this website.. very nice themes..
can anyone tell me the real difference between N73 and N73'music edition' leaving the colour or memory card...thanks
is it me or is the n73 very slow and cant be used to its max capacity?
is tere a way to make it faster or is the phone simple ****ed
What luck DJSBR, you should have checked thoroughly the very first unit you had before leaving the shop. You would have been saved from all the trouble you've gone through. Anyways man, good luck on that fourth unit. Hope you won't have any other complaints about it. Cheers!
All i can say is, terrible phone, i am now on my 3rd N73, had 2 N73's and currently have the N73me, i have always liked Nokia but this phone is beyond me, my network provider (ORANGE) will only swap it for another N73, i have even offered to pay the difference, but no luck, i am now stuck waiting for a 4th N73 to come through the post, Avoid it like the plague
Recently upgraded to this phone,first thing I did was update the firmware on Nokia web site, took a while to get used to the phone but no problems what so ever... great phone
Is the sound quality comparable to apple-ipod or even SE phones..
Should I go for N73 or N70.. for me camera is not priority but stability & good sound surely is.. PLEASE reply guys..
Thanx in advance :)
N73 camera basically is good, if you found out there's a problem on quality, maybe you should go for your retailer to either change or fix it. Some themes maybe not suitable for OS S60, so when you download and install themes you need to choose the certain themes that suitable for software S60