What can i say except that i am sick and tired of the n series from nokia.. within the last 15mnths i have owned the n90, n91, n80, and the n73.. waste of money.. I had the same freakin problem with all the units. After about 4-5 days of moderate to heavy text messaging, i would have to reset the phones because it would take too long for it to send.. i'm switching back to a windows mobile device..i'm sick of the excuses from nokia.. just a heads up for those of you that are thinking of purchasing an n series phone.. By the way, i'm sure the same problem will occur in the upcoming n95..
I got the N73 back in August, I was very impressed with it, even though I thought it was a little slow, now for the past week, whenever anyone tries to ring me, the phone switches itself on and off, not happy with it so I am sending it back to my mobile provider for a new phone, thank god I took out insurance on it, I have told them I want a different phone as the software on the N73 isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Anyone having trouble with the pc connector go to nokia.com an then you tell them you can not connect your phone an they will repair the pc connector for you straight away it only takes a couple of minutes an then you can use the nokia pc suite easily i did that today
m planin 2 buy da n73 bt after seeing all da reports n comments of da fone...m really confused ....some1 plzz help meh ..
thanxx alot whueva..
Tips / undocumented functions:
- At the top of the main-menu and every folder, the keys 1 to 9 are shortcuts to the icons 1-9
- A shortcut on the left menukey in standby-mode will take more time to open than a shortcut on the right menukey. Reason: The left key is also used for the keylock so it shortly waits for pressing the * button.
- While writing text press and hold "#" to switch between Alpha mode and Number mode. You can also press a key long to insert its number.
- In standby-mode, press and hold 0 to launch your wap home page.
- If you have your keylock activated just press the on/off button to turn on your backlight to look at the time when it's dark without having to unlock the keypad.
- To keep the backlight on, run Torch (freeware), press and hold the Menu button and go somewhere else on the phone.
- To check your current firmware version simply type *#0000# in standby screen.
- To check your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) type *#06# in standby screen.
- To check your Bluetooth device address type *#2820# in standby screen.
- Start up in Safe Mode (no 'auto start' apps will be running): Hold down the pencil key when you turn on the phone and hold it on until you have to enter your PIN code.
- Format the phone memory by typing *#7370# in standby screen.
- In standby mode,
45# + dials the number on your sim in memory slot 45.
50# + dials slot 50 and so on.
why create this phone without wifi and upnp in this day and age those this phone really worth it , the camera is great but thats it. n80 is better ! and far more go for the n95 when it releases it has everything automatically # 1
if anyone is deciding between this and K800i get this or if you have any spare left get the N80 instead becuse it has abit more features WI FI UnNp
i bought a full black housing of music edition from ebay and i fit it to the phone. now is perfect with the full black colour, try some ebay sellers to buy the black housing. its amazing
I am impressed with the size and camera resolution, however not very happy with the phone software as the phone hangs, switch off automatically and viewfinder scrolling become slow after i receive 10 mms continuously. now my sms "sending message" time slows down a lot. (btw phone memory is 40mb - i only store my things in memory card)
Please help. I was changing setting on my N73 for the T-mobile zone, and now my PC won't recognize my N73 for the Nokia PC Suite. What can it changed that my PC no longer recongnize my N73. Thanks.
I LOVE THIS PHONE! only got it today and yet have spent this day fiddling and trying to figure out stuff. what an amazing phone!!! and a great cam!!!!!
Hay duuud its an amazing set , u can feel the beauty of camera 3.2 mp with da lenz , and the true soundz its cooooool , i recmnd 2 hav N73 , Must Try
The option to disable the camera shutter sound is not supported by the Nokia N73. This is not a fault with the phone as the phone was manufactured and designed in such a way.
Nokia N73 is compatible with the Nokia AD-46 Audio adapter and not with the Nokia AD-49. Kindly note that both these audio adapters allows you to connect stereo headphones (with the standard 3.5-mm plug) to the Pop-Port connector of your compatible Nokia phone and not with PC or Hi-fi speakers.
I have a little problem with my N73.. i tryed to install all the themes from my n73 CD.. but the phone says "Unable to install" for all of them .. what-s wrong? What shall i do? Please e-mail me if u know something about this !