Ok - here it goes. I got my Nokia N73 2 weeks back. I got it for a decent price of INR 24000 in Chennai with a 128 MB SD card. Overall this is an excellent phone with most of the features that I required. Here are my thoughts
1. Creaky phone - There is a definite creak in the options button, cancel, file viewer buttons as does the camera cover. K790i is much better.
2. Photo Quality - Overall impressed with the photo quality of the phone. However I had a couple of family photos, where the person in the middle is well focussed but those on the sides are not as sharp.
3. Usability - Not bad at all. Yes sometimes I have to go a couple more clicks to get what I want but its not too bad.
4. Video - Good video quality. Better than SE K790i
5. Connectivity - I generally use this for bluetooth connection with my laptop. What I have noticed the Nokia Suite drops the bluetooth connection often (once in approx 4-5 hours). I am able to connect directly over blue tooth, but cannot use Nokia Suite.
6. Speakers - Excellent speaker. At par with SE K790i.
7. Voice recording - I do not know if the phone was featured to record voices for 1 min, but I cannot seem to do voice recording for more than that. I generally keep the voice recording for meetings. Help me remeber stuff later.
8. Battery Life - This to me has been the best part. I keep my bluetooth on always, use the mp3 player with headphoes approx 1-2 hours a day, 5-10 pics in a day, 1 video every 2-3 days, and ofcourse an average of 20 mins talk time daily. I only recharge the phone 1 in 3 days. However I found that if the battery drains out, I need to open the phone, remove the battery and then restart for charging to happen. Hmmm seems like a MS influence to me.
If some could suggest how I can avoid blue tooth connectivity drop outs and increase my voice recording time - it would be great
Thanks and Regards
N73 is an amazing nokia evry one i know was impressed by my 3.2mp camera ,and by the 3D sound systeme .a very large screne and easy number buttons .it's by one word wwwooowww
hey san u seem to know alot about the N73 or any one who can help me out here!?
i got the N73 2 wks back was fine but suddenly froze and the screen switchs off n comes back on its so weird! ?does that happen on all the N73?
and i put 'prison break' or some other tvshow on the mass storage i have 1GIG but when i look in the phone after the transfer is complete i cant find it??any idea how i can find it and whether its possible to watch movies n stuff on it?and how do you get a continuous play list with out pressin next all the time?! sorry for all the questions! would realy help if some one can help me out!!! THANKS A BUNCH! PEACE! :)
can u tell me what is the name of the application in that website that can display full screen wallpaper, please?
I took N73 18 days back. when i dail to see my credit balance i dail *123# it will get restart why, and 2 days back i sell that set, again i took new N73 it is also having a problem when i take 3 photos it will get's hang what's the actual problem simply i'm wasting my money i'll within somedays i'll sell my another N73 and i'll jump for sony ericsson k800I the best phone in my view
If you really think about it the sonyericsson k800i is the overall best mobile device out of the three.
Firstly for still images, the k800i produces the best images with the best contrast, colour and overall clarity. You would notice this better when you zoom into an image once you've taken it. It also incorporates a better macro mode for close up shots. Also bear in mind that sony (the parent company) has been making digital cameras for a very long time compared to nokia. Its sony's expertise that sonyericsson are using. This brings me onto my second point... Sony have also been producing mp3 players for a long time. The k800i produces a better music sound quality than the nokia and samsung. Also the k800i supports bluetooth stereo music (a2dp), as does the samsung, but the nokia still doesn't seem to. Thirdly, in terms of capacity, the Nokia can only support upto a 1Gb or 2Gb memory card. The k800i can support a 4Gb card! The interface on the k800i is much quicker, with better shortcut options (even in camera and music mode), and has additional clever items to improve the consumer experience. For example, there is a feature built in which allows you to update the software version of your phone to the latest version straight from sonyericsson. This option is usually used by sonyericsson to improve camera quality, menu quality, music quality and add additional features (K750i/W800i owners will know this - done from sonyericsson website). The software update function can now be carried out wirelessly through GPRS.
I hope this helps everyone. Imran.
Hi Adam, think you should learn to chill out control your temper & emotions. Though this is a HP forum, we can also "catch up" with each other & more importantly is to learn to respect each other's comments & views.
Btw, just got a 1G MiniSD, it seem to be working fine with the phone. The higher the capacity of the external memory, it requires more power to read the content in it.
1. I brought a N73 in Australia came with headset and 128MB card
2. this is the best phone ive used so far from the nokia range
3. My only concern is ive brought a 2gig card yet it slows the phone down to much and and makes it very unstable. what is the maimum this phone can hole 1gig-
this phone could have been better! nokia should ahve take more time in design but quality wise and features = the best! only the n80 stands close and beats it because it screen wifi and design.
Just wondering what color everyone is choosing and is the white/red version hard to find?
Anybody have firmware later than the following?
Nokia N73 (77.02)
I havent experienced any problems with this firmware yet.
I see then.
Well,let me tell you something or lets say some facts about both N80,N73 life power.
N80's life Battery isn't so bad at all,what you hear about how bad it is,is so not true.
Look,some of those got N80 when its 1s hit market. its normal any phone would have such problems.the other some uses WiFi & UPnp or anything from those cool things ALOT & wants the battery to keep up with him,i mean common it depends on the usage.
OVER ALL,new software in N80 makes its battery wonderfull.
On the other hand,i used the N73 for almost a week & i can say its a little better than N80 when it comes to battery life But lets not forget its huge screen that needs power to light it,so again depends on usage.
Finally,i didnt feel its an Nseries phone when i used it.everybody has his thing to say and for me i didnt like its plastic AT ALL,seems like its made of these low plastic.
not to mention the look of the N73 is not really cool or have something nice it but as i said before,Classical look.while the N80 got a very cool & sexy look,its more like style.
The way i see it is if i were you i would go for the N80 without thinking that much,its cool,nice,got everything like UPnp & more MORE nice stuff which is hard to get out dated in a small time.
To be honest i am an N80 user,there is no way i would give it for the N73.not because i cant get it or something cause we all know N80 costs more + i never pay for any cellphone lol but i get them all free,you can say i use any new thing NOKIA comes up with & i can get anything for free anytime i want,so i came with the point of N93,N80 are the best all around the world because of what they offer,HOWEVER the N93 is so big which gives the stupid look when you carry it in youre pocket,cause it shows very much cause the panits pocket goes down then you get the stupid look lol.
Think again & ask more in NOKIA center you have over there.they will help alot.
I hope that helped & sorry for making it long.
ok.. can i rephrase that....
first of all... i don't care about the camera and the screen... but i DO care about battery life.... so which is better?? n73 or n80??
If I record TV programmes onto DVD disc can I transfer them to the phone to watch? If so how?
Actually for buissness guys they can go for K800i but teens and those who love music can go for n73 cause it has 3d speakers and the only disadvantage is that it dosent have HCSCD nothin much but it has 3.15MP camera with ceius optic lens which is awesome and that too with a great screen and the mobile is so cool in the night guys i tell this this is the Universal truth "EAST OR WEST THE NOKIA N73 IS THE BEST" this is true guys enjoy in this mobile,this might look cheap as in the keypad and the way it looks but it is the best.
Can we edit word and excel files in the quick office preinstalled on Nokia N 73. Please reply
to San... thanks!!!!!!
to jeff.... where is it available in manila?? like what you're saying...