are there any other cell phones, that have the fm transmitter function in them. or is it that nokia n78 is the first and only of it's kind?
and when listening to tranmitted songs on the radio, is it in good quality or or is it like variable with some degree of loss...?
i m thinking of 2 phone now..
n78 or n81 8g?
which one is better?
in term of music, games, camera, software?
NOKIA SHOULD mention about China Version also, I bought this phone , but China version has No WIFI and 3G , So I was Shocked When I bought from shanghai, At that time I didnt Check, but thanks to NOKIA center They took it back and refunded my money back.
BE WARE OF CHINA VERSION
whats about the sound quality?
pls tell me some info about sound quality.
Hi could somebody let me know whether the n78's navigator is voice active like the 6110 navigator as i am planning to buy this phone.?
thanks in advance
Sukh, 05 Sep 2008How do we Use FM Transmitter..??
what the hell wrong with u?
Open it , switch it on, set frequncy to anything 104, play a song. Go to any fm radio, make it at 104. Make sure the back of the phone is well installed.
try restarting ur phone til it respond!
please help me
i have problems will taking pictures,zoom doesn't work,and the extended zoom fuction is activated??what can i do,the button woks ,i can change the music volume
Is the sound of n78 is as loud as n73?I like the loud music,is it?
Anonymous, 05 Sep 2008mine type s rm-235
what's ursmine type is rm-235 too.
And I keep thinking why compare it to N82. If high end means a better camera, wtf? there is a lot more than just a 5 mp camera, and go get a cam if you are tht particular abt it.
An ideal ph should have a small size,be thin, work as a phone primarily, have a good battery life, good screen and then the extra frills kick in. And N78 beats the N82 by a wide margin with the basics.. N82 looks like a brick and is uhhhgly. And i would much rather have an fm transmitter than a higher mp camera.. and 3 mp is more than enuf, unless u want a full blownup picture for a cover magazine. As for the prob with keys in N78 ppl, it is not like the N82 is the comfiest of all. Thr have been complaints abt its keys. It is defnitely not a higher end ph, so please Stop calling it that, it is just a multimedia phone with extra frills, abt as high end as an N78 (if not less i.e.)
high end phones - iph, N95, 96 etc..
i have been using it for about a month, it is great
-its camera quality is 7.2/10
-the sound quality 9.5/10
-the screen resolution is 10/10
-the FM transmitter is great it works at 3 meters range.
-The Keypad is so SEXY and mysterious
-the wifi is awesome
-the GPS takes 8/10 it takes about 2~4 minutes to locate satellite data but after that it don't lose the signal!!
-The battery life is greaaaaaaaaaaaat, it takes whatever happened 24h(music, bluetooth, WiFi, GPS...) but in moderate use it survive 3~4 day
-the navi wheel is great using it in Music Player and Photos 8/10
but it have some serious problems that Nokia must take care of in the next firmware:
-Videos: after playin a video and replay it, it plays sound witout pictures
-Camera: Zoom key sometimes don't respond while running Camera, u have to restart the device!!
-When u browsing the web while listening to Music through headset, the multimedia keys don't respond fast and sometimes don't respond at all, u have to go to music player to work and then return to web!
it Takes 8.5/10, i adore it
And The N-gage will be soon available about in 15~20 days, BECAUSE the previous days they have released N96 and 5320 N-Gage support.
So wait for it!!!!!!
I hope Nokia update it quickly!!!!
i have been using it for about a month, it is great and its camera quality is 7.2/10
and the sound quality 9.5/10
the screen resolution is 10/10
and the FM transmitter is great it works at 3 meters range.
The Keypad is so SEXY
I got this phone one week ago, so used it for about 7 days or so. Here is my quick review:
- Symbian is a bit slow on the button response. I noticed when the SD card is removed, the response is faster for some reason
- The rotating wheel is super cool to scroll through pictures
- Camera is not that good compared to my old Samsung D900i
- Screen resolution is AWESOME! Love it
- Great pre-installed features I use daily such as Internet Radio (you can tune in to hundreds of pre-defined channels in different languages) and Podcasts (I get my Discovery Channel new videos delivered on-demand!)
- Battery life is not good, especially when you are running bluetooth, and Nokia Maps..drains fast at this point. If you are not extensive on these features, it holds on couple days without charge
- Good web client implementation. Nice to scroll through the sites
- Music player has great audio quality especially through auxiliary / headset. When I listened via auxiliary in my car, it sounded better than my iPod
- FM tuning is really cool. I tuned into my friend's car radio..
- Buttons are NOT as bad as people are saying. I don't have small fingers either. Takes couple days to get used it, then it's OK. I actually like it now!
- I installed many applications and games including Tetris, Chess etc...cool graphics and performance
- Nice themes and customization options..
overall..it's a cool phone..but if I were to ask to improve things I would improve:
- front cover..(gets fingerprints a lot)
- buttons should be more comfortable to press
- front camera should have better resolution
- main camera should be improved, quality is NOT good
- Symbian lags at the button presses with SD card inserted (2 gbs ..completely full)
- Battery life is short..when running Nokia Maps / Bluetooth applications
I would still recommend this phone...seriously..it's not as bad as people say...I will keep it for some time that's for sure...I am actually taking it on a trip..hoping to use GPS and SportTracker applications
I have a N78 and it is extremely GOOD! I equipped it with BH-503 Nokia bluetooth headset and they work extremely fine. Those who have N78 should consider owing a BH-503 Nokia bluetooth headset as i believe you will look extremely cool and style with these two and enjoy the sound quality they will offer you!
hamid, 04 Sep 2008hi please help me:
just transfered some clips in to my N78 and the RealPlayer is acting stran... moreme too i have this prob
and sometimes the zooming do not respond in camera!
I hope nokia do something!
I really adore this phone
and whene opening web browser, while listenin to music the sound dont respond and the play pause key in the headset!