I got this phone one week ago, so used it for about 7 days or so. Here is my quick review:
- Symbian is a bit slow on the button response. I noticed when the SD card is removed, the response is faster for some reason
- The rotating wheel is super cool to scroll through pictures
- Camera is not that good compared to my old Samsung D900i
- Screen resolution is AWESOME! Love it
- Great pre-installed features I use daily such as Internet Radio (you can tune in to hundreds of pre-defined channels in different languages) and Podcasts (I get my Discovery Channel new videos delivered on-demand!)
- Battery life is not good, especially when you are running bluetooth, and Nokia Maps..drains fast at this point. If you are not extensive on these features, it holds on couple days without charge
- Good web client implementation. Nice to scroll through the sites
- Music player has great audio quality especially through auxiliary / headset. When I listened via auxiliary in my car, it sounded better than my iPod
- FM tuning is really cool. I tuned into my friend's car radio..
- Buttons are NOT as bad as people are saying. I don't have small fingers either. Takes couple days to get used it, then it's OK. I actually like it now!
- I installed many applications and games including Tetris, Chess etc...cool graphics and performance
- Nice themes and customization options..
overall..it's a cool phone..but if I were to ask to improve things I would improve:
- front cover..(gets fingerprints a lot)
- buttons should be more comfortable to press
- front camera should have better resolution
- main camera should be improved, quality is NOT good
- Symbian lags at the button presses with SD card inserted (2 gbs ..completely full)
- Battery life is short..when running Nokia Maps / Bluetooth applications
I would still recommend this phone...seriously..it's not as bad as people say...I will keep it for some time that's for sure...I am actually taking it on a trip..hoping to use GPS and SportTracker applications
I have a N78 and it is extremely GOOD! I equipped it with BH-503 Nokia bluetooth headset and they work extremely fine. Those who have N78 should consider owing a BH-503 Nokia bluetooth headset as i believe you will look extremely cool and style with these two and enjoy the sound quality they will offer you!
hamid, 04 Sep 2008hi please help me:
just transfered some clips in to my N78 and the RealPlayer is acting stran... moreme too i have this prob
and sometimes the zooming do not respond in camera!
I hope nokia do something!
I really adore this phone
and whene opening web browser, while listenin to music the sound dont respond and the play pause key in the headset!
hi i want mp3 player for n78 because i download more than three programs but non of them work
This phone N78 is definitely a good one.
The Wifi is superb and acts fantastic with fring. The sound quality is good and also the speaker volume as well. the camera performance is also good. I suggest those who are not looking for Business phone can definitely buy this one. You will never regret.
Jallibee, 04 Sep 2008I still prefer the nokia 3210 for its durability and versatility.....the N78 and 3210 are NOT comparable handsets!! what, are you 80 years old or something?
I still prefer the nokia 3210 for its durability and versatility.....
hi please help me:
just transfered some clips in to my N78 and the RealPlayer is acting strange.Can hear the sound but can't see video.Also the remaining time isn't counting. Tried different formats (mp4).reset phone by *#7370# and update firmware to 11.046 but the phone has that problem yet.
micoy, 02 Sep 2008i'm planning to buy this phone this weekend, but the price in here in our province is P17,690 ... moreHey go to all SM mall and find the store "style" they have the lowest price (all original NTC registered).
All this store sucks
wellcomm, DGD, game and gadgets, sm appliances store.
Anonymous, 02 Sep 2008Google: Advanced Device LocksThanks. I've already got the Advance Device Lock app but its unsigned and i need to sign it etc etc. The process bugs me down.
Nokia N79 is Much much better. Nokia is too fast in producing the phones...Does it think about their customers?
It is good that I did not buy n78...
im buying this for my brother and nobody can stop us specially the fanboys from other brands hahaha
micoy, 02 Sep 2008i'm planning to buy this phone this weekend, but the price in here in our province is P17,690 ... moremicoy, in ebay, search for janjanman in the cellphone category, you will find that his n78 is just 13800, or if you want you can go to SM North, same price.
i have nokia 6270,and its about 1.5 years old. it is a high end high cost mobile from nokia. i and my many friends trusted and bought several nokia coslty sets. but after the warranty is over it started giving problem.........and when i took it to nokia care ,they said [bit can not be repaired[/b],they even did not see what was the problem. then i took it to another nokia care,and this time they just touched it and told it can't be repaired...............friends do not buy nokia high end mobile phones because the[b after sells service of nokia is the worst ever[/b].i and my friends are suffering so i thought that i should post my bitter experience to all..................once your warranty is over your costly set will start giving problem and if it is then its gone because nokia's high end mobile life time is just the warranty period they provide. most customers are facing this problem..............friends be alert and please do not buy nokia
i'm planning to buy this phone this weekend, but the price in here in our province is P17,690 for N78, P18,490 for N82 and P11,490 for N5320.. just wanna ask what shop in manila could i buy N78 with warranty at a lower price, coz i'm going to Pasay this Friday.. Anyone from the Philippines here that wanna help.
3.Motorola ROKR Z6
7.Motorola RAZR2 V8
11.Nokia 5320 XMusic
I've already used the N78 for 4 days as evaluation. And I can say that it's not that bad at all. I mean it's an excellent phone. Some people are just saying that N78 is bad because they keep on comparing N78 with high end phones like N82. Picture quality of N78 is actually even better than N73. And the camera application is very fast from opening to taking pics. Sound quality through the headset is better than other phones actually, above average. The user interface is so much nicer. Browsing menus is really fun. The user interface of N78 makes it look like a high end phone. GPS reception is strong and fast, so much better than N82 and N95. Battery life is great. Even you're heavy on its features, you'll still manage get through a day with battery. I think N78 is really worth it. That's why I recommend this phone. It's also a nice looking phone. The only thing I don't like is the battery cover is somewhat wobbly and the glossy surface is prone to fingerprints and scratches. But when it comes to performance it's really a great phone. So if you can't afford the N82 but you want at least the features in N82, get the N78. Today it's a lot cheaper than the N82.