At the era when blogging/youtube/facebook/myspace etc are so important to people you would have thought video would be top priority. So I still think it is surprising and also a deal-breaker that nokia's video on their 'best' phones is still the worst on the market...
The N78 lacks important thing - VoIP support. Obviously Nokia decided to remote it from all Feature Pack 2 phone (N96 and others).
Fring will work arround, but it is not the true replacement for Nokia's built-in Internet Telephone application.
You can'y also edit Access Points, etc.
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2008It's still there but it's off by default.Do u have any other tips or tricks for using this cool gadget?
Anonymous, 27 Jun 2008Oops...thanks my friend. I've got it already. Nice work !!! :-)It does have a 3d Accelerator??
Anonymous, 27 Jun 2008It's just switched off by default now. menu -> tools -> settings -> general -> personalisat... moreI can't find the "Theme Effect" sub menu. Can be something wrong with my phone right?
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2008Kindly explain what u meant by its off? Then how to turn it on?It's just switched off by default now.
menu -> tools -> settings -> general -> personalisation -> Themes -> general -> theme effects -> on
After the firmware updates, the Navi-Wheel don't seem to be as sensitive as before. Prefer it previously.
One thing I notice is the opening of the menu & sub-menu is much faster than before.
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2008It's still there but it's off by default.Kindly explain what u meant by its off? Then how to turn it on?
Hi to everybody,
Just wait for the new software update of this phone. Im sure this will works great after all and better than you expect. Just think about the other Nseries phones only works superior after the succesful updates...Thanks
Anonymous, 25 Jun 2008Firmware update is out, it fixes the naviwheel and music player responsiveness, hopefully this... moreWell done dude. Thanks for keeping us updated on the new firmware. Such a breeze doing it over WIFI. But after the updates, the menu 'effect' is gone.
I've had the phone for about a week (ordered from Amazon) and I'm very pleased with it so far.
- Beautiful screen, despite being somewhat easily-smudged, and nice dimensions.
- Feels solid and sturdy without being bulky or heavy.
- Excellent feature set - the GPS is a cool addition, but gets spotty reception indoors and in a moving vehicle; with good signal strength, it integrates very well with Nokia Maps or Google Maps.
- Camera is decent, 3.2 megapixels won't replace a digital camera but it does quite nicely when you can't carry one.
- The keypad takes a few minutes to get used to (which was my one hesitation buying this model) but it's surprisingly easy-to-use once you figure it out. I've found that the easiest way is to press across the keys with a fingertip/nail.
- Good battery life so far, and the Micro-SD is handy (the 2GB it ships with is plenty).
Overall a quality device.
I advise all people that Own a N78 get a Bluetooth Headset instead of using the phone speaker!!
Firmware update is out, it fixes the naviwheel and music player responsiveness, hopefully this means crashing too.
Anyone knows how to fast forward and rewind without using the remote when using the Real Player in N78?
I have tried pressing the various keys on the phone and I can only pause and adjust volume.
When I watch movies and I stop halfway, the next time I play it, the movie starts from the beginning.
Been using this phone for couple of weeks. Here is my brief review:
1. Battery can last about 2 days (took about 5 pics, record video for 10mins, browsing net using WIFI for 60mins with 50MB data downloaded, about 90 min calls)
2. Speaker volume is quite soft
3. Ringtone volume is alright
4. Buttons are not very ergonomic
5. Battery cover do have creaking sound
6. GPS work just fine
7. Camera works fine both in day & night shoot
8. Video quality not impressive (can't expect much from 15fps)
9. Navi-wheel is cool (need to get used to it)
10. See not much difference in FP2
Overall, this phone is good to use as it is. Design wise is either you like it or hate it. Do not expect much from the camera or video quality. A real fingerprint magnet surface.
But I'm happy with its battery life. The colour contrast of the phone is another plus point. Looks good even under a sunny day.